Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 10, 00:15:16
The only problem I have with importing bananas has been mostly resolved by most companies gassing the bananas before they get unloaded here. It doesn't do anything to the bananas, but it sure kills those terrifying venomous spiders!

Which is why organic bananas are doubly ridiculous. Even if pesticides were harmful in the dosages they are used (which they aren't) why would it matter one iota with bananas? You peel away the only part that comes into contact with them...

Julius

I'll take an apple for a dollar as opposed to a mini apple costing around 11$ +, officially speaking of course... They cost at least five times more... >.<

One week... One week...
Purr~

MrEmu

An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away!
But pears work better... (:

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Aug 10, 01:34:33
An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away!
But pears work better... (:

I taste pears! I hate pears!

'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Aug 10, 01:31:23
I'll take an apple for a dollar as opposed to a mini apple costing around 11$ +, officially speaking of course... They cost at least five times more... >.<

One week... One week...

Venezuela: Where a cherry costs more than a full tank of gas.

Julius

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Aug 10, 01:39:00
Quote from: Julius on 2014 Aug 10, 01:31:23

One week... One week...

Venezuela: Where a cherry costs more than a full tank of gas.

On the other hand, our chocolates are the best and you'll have gas for days! :P
Purr~

Zsaszz

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 10, 00:15:16
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Aug 09, 23:55:10
Why is it I can get an entire bunch of bananas imported from Costa Rica for $1.22, yet apples grown right here in America cost a buck a piece?

I was unaware 'golden delicious' meant it contained actual gold...

See, what people who get all "Buy local, don't import!" don't understand, when it comes to fruit, is that some climates are not good for growing certain kinds of fruit. If you grow bananas in a region that has the right climate for them (say, Costa Rica, I guess?), growing them goes smoothly and is less costly, especially since they can yield a larger harvest. Maybe the apples you're trying to buy were grown in a climate that isn't very friendly to them.

The only problem I have with importing bananas has been mostly resolved by most companies gassing the bananas before they get unloaded here. It doesn't do anything to the bananas, but it sure kills those terrifying venomous spiders!

Apple's are expensive even in my country(Costa Rica), prunes, grapes are some of the more expensive here, bananas have it easy to grow here because of the climate that favors harvest, same goes with pineapples, watermelons, melons, potatoes so their price is cheaper even for exporting.1kg of "Red Delicious" Apple's can cost like 5 to 6 dollars, but idk their price there.

Midnight Breeze

Well, it looks like my neighborhood is no longer zero-crime. Two of my neighbors say they had paint thrown on their cars last night. Thankfully mine was unscathed.

Sad. There hasn't been an assault, vandalism or a break-in in this area for nearly a decade. I guess all good things come to an end, unfortunately.

MrEmu

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Aug 10, 14:39:41
Well, it looks like my neighborhood is no longer zero-crime.
I used to live right outside of DC, I heard police sirens every night...It's actually a calming childhood noise to me. X3

cloudwilk

Ohp. I know another thing that irks me. When young kids play games way outside of their age group.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Midnight Breeze

It's nice living in a cheap part of the country....until you want to buy something over the internet.

Spark Lights

The talk about "Shrek is love Shrek is life" I get it's very famous and others like the story but making a joke about it and forcing or pining it to others is quite disturbing and half annoying.

A bit busy at times

MrEmu

My insomnia is getting to a point where it's wrecking my sleep schedule...now when I'm awake all my friends are asleep...and I really need them... :(

Ramisha

People who whiiIIIiiiIIne all the tiiIIIiime... they're worse than Rarity

MrEmu

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Aug 11, 02:52:43
People who whiiIIIiiiIIne all the tiiIIIiime... they're worse than Rarity
If you're hinting to me...then I can't argue there.... X3
Sorry if I'v been bothering you... :s

Ramisha

Oh, no, not you. You do whine, but for reasons anyone would whine lol I'm talking about people like "I have to [do thing]? No way, i don't want to do that! That's stupid! I don't know how to do it!! I can't do thaaaat!" And they could have already done it in the same amount of time they spent whining.

MrEmu

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Aug 11, 03:24:03
Oh, no, not you. You do whine, but for reasons anyone would whine lol I'm talking about people like "I have to [do thing]? No way, i don't want to do that! That's stupid! I don't know how to do it!! I can't do thaaaat!" And they could have already done it in the same amount of time they spent whining.
Ahhh, Like those derps that whine about taking out the trash or something simple like that? Yeah, they can be annoying...heh
Still...if I do whine I should probably try to stop though... :o

cloudwilk

When people talk about how bad their life is when its really so much better than so many others. XP

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

PrincessButton

The nerve-wracking process of applying for food stamps.  :I
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Greyscaleisme

When a OSW happens and all my friends leave so the RP I'm on dies.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Go Up