Legends of Equestria Is Recruiting!

Started by Ellowee, 2018 Apr 10, 19:57:41

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

2018 Apr 10, 19:57:41 Last Edit: 2022 Dec 12, 10:38:11 by Galapagois Reason: Removed Writing from actively hiring

Hey there, everypony!

Legends of Equestria's Open Access Release is still going strong, and the feedback you're giving - through messages, emails, and our bug report system - is helping us create new content updates for you to enjoy! It's a lot of work bringing a world like Equestria to life, though; we need your help to do it! That's why the Legends of Equestria team is recruiting!

If you're interested in game development, passionate about ponies, or simply need a hobby that will put your talents to use, we'd like to hear from you! We have a pretty extensive list of teams with different roles and skills, so even if you're not super-technical but still want to help us out, there might be something for you here!

We are currently accepting applications for the following departments: 2D Art, 3D Modeling, Audio, Design, Implementation, and Programming,. All applicants must be at least 16 years of age, unless specified otherwise by the team's hiring message.

Teams not currently recruiting: Animation, HR, Moderation, PR, VA, Web Dev, Writing.

[last updated December 11th, 2022]

If you're interested in helping us bring Equestria to life, please find below a little bit of info from each team's leader on what they're looking for, and how to contact them! Good luck, and we hope to see you on the team soon!

(Note: Due to the nature of the project, you may only receive a response if your application is successful. If you don't receive a response, but want to double-check that your application has been reviewed, please contact [email protected]!)

2D Art

To apply for the 2D Art team, please read the following requirements thoroughly, and then send your application to [email protected]. Here's what we're currently looking for in the 2D Art department:

>Texture & Concept Artists:

Requirements:
  • Understand the basics of color theory and principles of design
  • Ability to mimic the art style of environments, buildings, characters, and items in Legends of Equestria
  • Ability to create vector graphics
  • Experience in Photoshop, GIMP, Krita, or other raster graphics software
  • Experience in Illustrator, Inkscape, or other vector graphics software

Your portfolio should include:
  • Three to five pieces of artwork that display good use of colour, an ability to mimic our existing art styles, and good design sense. This can include characters, items, environments, and architectural artwork.
  • If possible, include any work involving textured models/texture sheets.
  • Any additional works that you wish to include.

Art should be close to, or of similar quality to, the following works:
a.) Textures and textured models:
i.) http://i.imgur.com/wnaDU9t.png
ii.) http://i.imgur.com/dEbzLoK.png
iii.) http://i.imgur.com/Y4DWrvf.png

b.) Architecture and environments:
i.) http://i.imgur.com/kPkqqwk.png
ii.) http://i.imgur.com/D3cilk7.png
iii.) http://i.imgur.com/G17VywQ.png

3D MODELING

3D Modelers build the assets you see in-game, from trees and buildings to armour and hairstyles. Applicants interested in joining the 3D team should have working knowledge of 3D modeling and/or animating and be willing to learn, design critically, and give and take critique. It is preferred, but not required, that applicants have a specialty in organic modeling, 3D animation and rigging, terraforming, or any combination thereof. To apply for the 3D team, email [email protected] with links to examples of your skills. Please include how much time you are able to devote to Legends of Equestria, as well as a list of programs that you're familiar with. Examples of any additional unrelated, high quality designs you have done help too!

AUDIO

The Audio department is responsible for creating and choosing all of the things you hear in Equestria, from attack sound-effects to background music (except the PVFM radio in Sugarcane Corner, of course!). Here's what we're currently looking for in the Audio department:

>SFX Designers:

By joining the Audio team as an SFX Designer, you will expect to be making UI sounds and various animal sounds. Some experience with a DAW is required; general experience with SFX is recommended, but not required. If you apply, be prepared to present a demo of a given sound effect. Applicants can register their interest by emailing [email protected].

DESIGN

The Design team plans out the levels and systems for Legends of Equestria, and covers a few different specialities. If you think you fit into any of the following areas, we want to hear from you!

>Level Designers:

Level Designers should have drawn work (hand or digital) of macro or micro scale level designs which factor in standard gaming conventions such as pathing, points of interest, mob spawns, elevation, framing, terrain features, quest potential, etc. Previous experience in a 3D engine (Unity, Unreal) is highly sought after. Map/level designers should expect to be trained in Unity to allow the implementation and editing of their designs. Please email [email protected] with examples of your work.

>VFX Artists:

VFX Artists will primarily be in charge of creating and implementing spritesheet animations to be used for various player abilities and ambient world effects. This role will require a blending of traditional toon styled art creation and design with technical implementation in Unity (Shuriken knowledge is a HUGE plus!). If you enjoy creating particle based effects to add an extra kick of visual stimulation, this position is for you! Please email [email protected] with links to examples of your work.

>Systems Designers:

Systems Designers should have the ability to form clear, concise, to-the-point written work which quickly and efficiently describes a complex system to programmers, writers, or other relevant team members. Applicants should be able to design the technical formulation behind conventional experience, leveling, crafting, and ability systems. Experience with Google Sheets for tables is a must; experience with graphs and formulas is a huge plus, as is basic knowledge in economics. Please email [email protected] with links to examples of your work.

IMPLEMENTATION

Implementation makes sure that everything made for the project makes it into the game, and works as intended! There are two areas of concern for implementers:

>Script Implementers:

Script Implementers are responsible for transitioning written content into technical scripts readable by the servers, placing NPCs and mobs, and adding items. Applicants for this position should have a basic understanding of scripting or coding logic and an ability to debug errors. Potential implementers should be able to devote several hours each week to the project. If interested, please send applications to [email protected].

>Unity Implementers:

Unity Implementers are responsible for implementing objects, terrain, and functions into the game via the Unity system. Applicants for Unity Implementation should be familiar with both Unity and Sourcetree. C# experience is preferred, but not required. Familiarity with Blender or Maya is also useful, but not required. Potential implementers should be able to devote several hours each week to the project. If interested, please send applications to [email protected].

PROGRAMMING

We're currently looking for enthusiastic programmers to help build LoE. A minimum of basic experience programming in C# and Unity is required for any applications to be considered, and you should also provide samples of your previous work so we can see just how awesome you are. We aren't expecting you to be a professional developer (though we won't say no if you are!); so long as you can demonstrate your knowledge and willingness to learn, we want to hear from you! An obsession with tiny colourful horses is not required, but will be taken into consideration and may improve your chances. Due to the nature of the team, we're looking for reliable people that can be trusted to work semi-independently; if you think you can help us out, email [email protected]!

Please remember that Legends of Equestria is a volunteer project being developed by a team of dedicated fans from around the world. These are not paid positions, and we cannot offer any financial incentive for your contributions to the project. All we can guarantee is the warm, fuzzy feeling from helping to bring an entire world of horses to life.

And lots of socks.

Cloudy Skies

Shnuggles are nature's way of saying "Want a hug?" :P
Also they are a way of saying "I'm scared." :P
They also could mean "CAN I LATCH ONTO YOU LIKE A CRAZY PONY!?!?!?!"

Pipkin

I just removed a few posts that were in violation of rule 5; making posts with only one emote or letter spam counts towards this rule.  Please keep any discussion in the thread relevant to the thread, thank you :D

KaoKraft

Omega Nebula

Ever since I first played a video game I always wanted to know what it would be like to make one. So did I finally come to a place that can help me? I really want to help in anyway I can, and I really want this game to grow, but I'm not sure what to apply for. I can draw pretty good, I'm familiar with flash, Photoshop, Poser 11, and krita, but I also want to give the other jobs a try too. Not just for the game, but also to see what I would like to do best and to learn more about myself. So I guess what I'm asking is if there is anything I can do to help I would be more than happy to. My free time is Mon. and Wen. all year round and any free time after I will be more than happy to work and try new things. My main problem is that I don't know where to start.

FrictionX42

Blast! And here I just deleted most of my voice files a couple weeks ago...

DianaTheRedGuardian

Quote from: Ellowee on 2018 Apr 10, 19:57:41

Hey there, everypony!

Legends of Equestria's Open Access Release is still going strong, and the feedback you're giving - through messages, emails, and our bug report system - is helping us create new content updates for you to enjoy! It's a lot of work bringing a world like Equestria to life, though; we need your help to do it! That's why the Legends of Equestria team is recruiting!

If you're interested in game development, passionate about ponies, or simply need a hobby that will put your talents to use, we'd like to hear from you! We have a pretty extensive list of teams with different roles and skills, so even if you're not super-technical but still want to help us out, there might be something for you here!

We are currently accepting applications for the following departments: 2D Art, 3D Modeling, Audio, Design, Implementation, Programming, and Voice Acting. All applicants must be at least 16 years of age, unless specified otherwise by the team's hiring message.

Teams not currently recruiting: Animation, Concept Art, HR, Moderation, PR, Web Dev, Writing.

[last updated April 10th, 2018]

If you're interested in helping us bring Equestria to life, please find below a little bit of info from each team's leader on what they're looking for, and how to contact them! Good luck, and we hope to see you on the team soon!

(Note: Due to the nature of the project, you may only receive a response if your application is successful. If you don't receive a response, but want to double-check that your application has been reviewed, please contact [email protected]!)

2D ART

To apply for the 2D team, please read the following requirements thoroughly, and then use the application form here: https://goo.gl/forms/J4RLHk3LE2h8tx9L2

Requirements:
  • Understand the basics of color theory and principles of design
  • Ability to mimic the art style of environments, buildings, characters, and items in Legends of Equestria
  • Ability to create vector graphics
  • Experience in Photoshop, GIMP, Krita, or other raster graphics software
  • Experience in Illustrator, Inkscape, or other vector graphics software

Your portfolio should include:
  • Three to five pieces of artwork that display good use of colour, an ability to mimic our existing art styles, and good design sense. This can include characters, items, environments, and architectural artwork.
  • If possible, include any work involving textured models/texture sheets.
  • Any additional works that you wish to include.

Art should be close to, or of similar quality to, the following works:
a.) Textures and textured models:
i.) http://i.imgur.com/wnaDU9t.png
ii.) http://i.imgur.com/dEbzLoK.png
iii.) http://i.imgur.com/Y4DWrvf.png

b.) Architecture and environments:
i.) http://i.imgur.com/kPkqqwk.png
ii.) http://i.imgur.com/D3cilk7.png
iii.) http://i.imgur.com/G17VywQ.png

c.) Other works:
i.) http://i.imgur.com/xITE8kB.png
ii.) http://i.imgur.com/QYNN80s.png

Please be sure to fill out the application form listed above.
Any further questions can be sent to [email protected].

3D MODELING

3D Modelers build the assets you see in-game, from trees and buildings to armour and hairstyles. Applicants interested in joining the 3D team should have working knowledge of 3D modeling and/or animating and be willing to learn, design critically, and give and take critique. It is preferred, but not required, that applicants have a specialty in organic modeling, 3D animation and rigging, terraforming, or any combination thereof. To apply for the 3D team, email [email protected] with links to examples of your skills. Please include how much time you are able to devote to Legends of Equestria, as well as a list of programs that you're familiar with. Examples of any additional unrelated, high quality designs you have done help too!

AUDIO

The Audio department is responsible for creating and choosing all of the things you hear in Equestria, from attack sound-effects to background music (except the PVFM radio in Sugarcane Corner, of course!). Here's what we're currently looking for in the Audio department:

>SFX Designers:

By joining the Audio team as an SFX Designer, you will expect to be making UI sounds and various animal sounds. Some experience with a DAW is required; general experience with SFX is recommended, but not required. If you apply, be prepared to present a demo of a given sound effect. Applicants can register their interest by emailing [email protected].

DESIGN

The Design team plans out the levels and systems for Legends of Equestria, and covers a few different specialities. If you think you fit into any of the following areas, we want to hear from you!

>Level Designers:

Level Designers should have drawn work (hand or digital) of macro or micro scale level designs which factor in standard gaming conventions such as pathing, points of interest, mob spawns, elevation, framing, terrain features, quest potential, etc. Previous experience in a 3D engine (Unity, Unreal) is highly sought after. Map/level designers should expect to be trained in Unity to allow the implementation and editing of their designs. Please email [email protected] with examples of your work.

>VFX Artists:

VFX Artists will primarily be in charge of creating and implementing spritesheet animations to be used for various player abilities and ambient world effects. This role will require a blending of traditional toon styled art creation and design with technical implementation in Unity (Shuriken knowledge is a HUGE plus!). If you enjoy creating particle based effects to add an extra kick of visual stimulation, this position is for you! Please email [email protected] with links to examples of your work.

>Systems Designers:

Systems Designers should have the ability to form clear, concise, to-the-point written work which quickly and efficiently describes a complex system to programmers, writers, or other relevant team members. Applicants should be able to design the technical formulation behind conventional experience, leveling, crafting, and ability systems. Experience with Google Sheets for tables is a must; experience with graphs and formulas is a huge plus, as is knowledge of economics. Please email [email protected] with links to examples of your work.

IMPLEMENTATION

Implementation makes sure that everything made for the project makes it into the game, and works as intended! There are two areas of concern for implementers:

>Script Implementers:

Script Implementers are responsible for transitioning written content into technical scripts readable by the servers, placing NPCs and mobs, and adding items. Applicants for this position should have a basic understanding of scripting or coding logic and an ability to debug errors. Potential implementers should be able to devote several hours each week to the project. If interested, please send applications to [email protected].

>Unity Implementers:

Unity Implementers are responsible for implementing objects, terrain, and functions into the game via the Unity system. Applicants for Unity Implementation should be familiar with both Unity and Sourcetree. C# experience is preferred, but not required. Familiarity with Blender or Maya is also useful, but not required. Potential implementers should be able to devote several hours each week to the project. If interested, please send applications to [email protected].

PROGRAMMING

We're currently looking for enthusiastic programmers to help build LoE. A minimum of basic experience programming in C# and Unity is required for any applications to be considered, and you should also provide samples of your previous work so we can see just how awesome you are. We aren't expecting you to be a professional developer (though we won't say no if you are!); so long as you can demonstrate your knowledge and willingness to learn, we want to hear from you! An obsession with tiny colourful horses is not required, but will be taken into consideration and may improve your chances. Due to the nature of the team, we're looking for reliable people that can be trusted to work semi-independently; if you think you can help us out, email [email protected]!

VOICE ACTING

The Voice Acting team is looking for more voices to lend their talents to the project! Prior experience in voice acting is highly desired, as is a diverse range of unique voices that aren't necessarily based on any existing characters. If you'd like to apply, please contact [email protected] with an application that contains a vocal reel of examples (including, but not limited to: vocal ranges, emotions, examples of acting), and explain why you want to help bring the characters of Legends of Equestria to life!

Please remember that Legends of Equestria is a volunteer project being developed by a team of dedicated fans from around the world. These are not paid positions, and we cannot offer any financial incentive for your contributions to the project. All we can guarantee is the warm, fuzzy feeling from helping to bring an entire world of horses to life.

And lots of socks.

p! I CAN'T log in!  i need to get in but i cant

FlitterKriz

<3 hello, i  have send e-mail for voiceacting. <3
plis let me know if i can do anything to help  :D

Ablegabriel

There are some glitches with menu when I tried to change the controls to something comfortable: IT KEPT OPENING THIS PAGE!

minecookies

although i am unable to do any of this, its nice to know that this game is still being worked on

Herobrine1087

Cool but just one question the summer update when it come do you have to re-download the game again to get the update or will it automatically update itself

Oreo the CookieAnimator

When it comes to voice acting, I'm VERY well known to bring characters to life and sound real. I might join if I can get the time when summers here

Sweet Wing

can you change your username on this website

NewLunarRepublic

I wish I could do more for this community. Unfortunately I have another year before I turn 16. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Nebenfigur

Help in the wiki and be a nice part of the community.  ;)
Don't worry - I'll fix that

Leondude

Just applied for voice acting. Wish me luck.  ;)

marc timothy moses

Go Up