Crafting???

Started by Cogsworth Wingthrop, 2016 Aug 11, 05:14:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cogsworth Wingthrop

2016 Aug 11, 05:14:56 Last Edit: 2016 Aug 11, 05:49:48 by Cogsworth Wingthrop
In the combat in LoE thread a crafting system was mentioned, didn't want to hijack that thread so here we are. Can we get any details on this?

I would love to build a little gyrocopter or ornithopter, after all why do you think a unicorn has a gear wing talent mark. I realize that would mean some kind of vehicle system, probably not going to happen, but I can dream
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. Nikola Tesla

SimK64

I've seen images of items I have yet to see in this game. Some of them appear to be crafting materials.

That's the best I've got for this.

But what I wouldn't mind crafting is this.

OtakuMegane

Crafting could be fun and I imagine they'll try to implement something. Though I wouldn't expect it to be a complex system.
I'm an adult. I do what I want.

Rasy (Flanniest Flan)

Sounds something that can be used for making quest items too.

McClaw

Quote from: cshadd on 2016 Aug 12, 01:09:45
Sounds something that can be used for making quest items too.

I haven't seen any (yet), but I wouldn't be surprised if there were eventually quests expecting/requiring crafting.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Cyan Spark

Well, if these things are anything to go by, armor crafting should be coming soon!

Cogsworth Wingthrop

Quote from: Cyan Spark on 2016 Aug 13, 08:02:29
Well, if these things are anything to go by, armor crafting should be coming soon!

I was hoping for something more. When I think of crafting in MMOs, the first thing I think of is armor and weapons. I just thought this game would be different.

Besides who would want something besides Moonlight Armor.  ovO

I saw a couple NPCs mention bicycles, that is one of the things that got my hopes up about a gyrocopter similar to Pinky's in Griffon the brush off.

How about carts so a speedy Pegasus friend could pull my slow flank around ^-^
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. Nikola Tesla

Rasy (Flanniest Flan)

Quote from: Cogsworth Wingthrop on 2016 Aug 13, 10:34:07
I was hoping for something more. When I think of crafting in MMOs, the first thing I think of is armor and weapons. I just thought this game would be different.

Besides who would want something besides Moonlight Armor.  ovO

I saw a couple NPCs mention bicycles, that is one of the things that got my hopes up about a gyrocopter similar to Pinky's in Griffon the brush off.

How about carts so a speedy Pegasus friend could pull my slow flank around ^-^

They have said the game wont focus as much on combat. So maybe these might be ideas they could focus on.

World Eater

Yes, a cart would be just delightful. Not sure how well it would fit in an inventory, though...

Unless you're Pinkie Pie, I don't think you could just pull that out of your pocket.
...Pun intended.

Go Up