Food Festival - Eating Contest RP (Sign-Up Thread)

Started by Gamepad, 2015 Jun 23, 12:23:25

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Gamepad

The RP is set in the LoE city of Cantermore while a Food Festival is taking place.
Ponies, bakers, chefs and other creatures from all over Equestria and the world have flocked to Cantermore to take part.

Essentially, there can be two seperate parts going on at once.
1. Characters walking around visiting the multiple stands and stalls. Would suggest using mainly just in-game or canon characters for this, but OCs can be used, just make sure you make people pay attention the fact they have a stall. Bold or italic text might do.

2. The actual eating contest. Different characters will be competing in rounds of food eating. Will start with six characters each time, before getting down to two for a coin toss style thing or can pre-plan a certain character to win or lose. This is a perfect opportunity for people to drop out or if they decide they want to do something else.

Character Name:
Species/Type:
Basic Personallity:
Little Backstory: (Not Neccessary but possibly helpful)
Pictures/Visual Description: (If have any/ if not just a small description will do.(Use the Spoiler tag for images.))

Character Name: Game(paw)
Species: Wolf
Basic Personality: Gamepaw, is fairly lazy in personality but is still fairly outgoing and kind, be nice to him and he will be nice back.
Little Backstory: Game, bought as a puppy for a birthday present for a earth pony mare. The mare cared dearly for the little wolf, clearly too much. Game, had a fondness of food and his owner fed this fondess, pies, cakes, you name it.
This has led Game to be a very overweight wolf causing him to waddle and pant after some basic exercise, leading him to most just be sitting or laying near his own for pets and cuddles. While Game can still do things for himself, he is fairly lazy and finds it difficult to do certain tasks.
Spoiler: Pictures: • show

I`ll post the actual RP thread when six people have signed up.

@Gamepaw accepted

RP Thread: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=14898.0

HowTea

Character Name: HowTea
Type: Earth Pony
Basic Personallity: A good friend, kind, but looses his mind whe he hasn't got his tea.
Little Backstory: HowTea lived in Canterlot (Cantermore) for some time and he went to the University there, to the Potion Making class. He tasted a coffee and tea for the first time in this city, but he didn't like the city because of the crowded streets. With a help with the mayor of Ponyville (Ponydale) he built a tea farm near the town and moved there. Since then he's the main tea supplier for Ponyville (Ponydale).
Has a Tea stall in the RP.
Pictures:
Spoiler: show

//This is gonna be my first RP so don't bark at me if I do something bad, please  ;)

For Chat-O-Landia!

Gamepad

@HowTea Accepted

You know, being a tea farmer it is a good choice for having a stall, selling Tea and Tea related foods.

HowTea

aight, I'll do that

I'm gonna have a Tea Stall

For Chat-O-Landia!

Nuserame

Huzzah!

Character Name: Slate Grey
Species/Type: Unicorn (traditional)
Basic Personallity: Kind and Curious (In both senses of the word!)
Little Backstory: Slate is an odd looking fellow, a traveller from a faraway forest of mushrooms and eater of just about anything.
Pictures/Visual Description: A Slate Grey coat color with longer tufts of hair on his fetlocks and chin, greenish-grey eyes and a long, slightly unkempt dark brown mane. Unusually (for Equestrians) he has cloven hooves, a lion's tail and tufts of long hair on his chin and fetlocks. His cutie mark consist of three black hoof-prints.
No pictures but a crude 3d pony maker approximation in the form of my profile picture!
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Gamepad

@Nuserame Eater of just about everything? Game has competition.

Nuserame

I may not eat a truckload, but I like just about all kinds of food.

Capacity versus flexibility! What if the food contest features something game doesn't like?
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

FakeSmile

2015 Jun 23, 14:21:01 #8 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 23, 14:23:33 by FakeSmile
Character Name: Predestine
Species/Type: Earth Pony
Basic Personallity: Obnoxious, Open Minded, Secretive
Little Backstory:
Spoiler: Bio • show

Predestine birth name was Chrysant and she was born and raised in Hollow Shadow. Her mother, a unicorn, and father, a earth pony, both were farmers. As her parents were busy with work, Chrysant would play in the woods with her Scops Owl name Feather. She didn't have many friends since most of the kids thought her parents were weird. One day while chasing Feather, she found a little shack. That's where she met her first friend, an old deer name Espíritu. The old deer was a witch doctor and would make potions and herbs to cure witchcraft. Espríritu had a son name Foliage who soon became Chrystant first friend. At first, Chrystant was kicked off the property but Espíritu warmed up to the filly. Chrystant would spend most of her free time at Espíritu's house. She would watch the old deer make potion and play hide-n-seek with Foliage. Espíritu would teach Chrystant and Foliage about the other side and magic beyond unicorn magic. Chrystant was interested in communicating with the other side, so Espíritu gave her a deck of tarot cards. After years of making potions and dancing in the woods with the deer family, Chrystant earned her cutie mark. Espíritu and Foliage held a special dinner to celebrate Chrystant's milestone. After the dinner, Chrystant ran home to tell her parents the good news. As she excitingly told them about her cutie mark, her parents became livid. They demanded that Chrystant tell them how she got that cutie mark and what has she been doing in the woods. Through tears, she explained how she was talking to the other side and all about the deer family. As her parents was arguing, Chrystant ran to her room to cry in her bed. She forced to stay in the house so the town wouldn't find out that she was a witch. Confused and scared, Chrystant would write notes to Espíritu and send them with her Scop Owl. After a month of sending letters and being locked in her room, the secret finally got out. The town was furious with Chrystant and wanted her gone. In the middle of the night, the town gathered around her house and started to throw fire and stones through her bedroom window. Her mom ran upstairs and dragged Chrystant out her room. Through tears, the two mares started to plan Chrystant escape. Her father was down stairs barricading the doors and yelling at Chrystant about how sorry he was. Her mother worked her magic and started to pack the family's things. As her parents tried to protect the family, Chrystant wrote Espíritu about the situation. She kissed her owl for good luck and let the owl go. Her mother ran in and grabbed Chrystant as she tried to use all her magic teleport them away from the burning house. As she tried to use her magic, Chrystant cried out to her father. He yelled out I love you before the two disappeared. The two teleported infront of Espíritu's house. Her mother fainted from using so much magic and Chrystant began to cry. Foliage quickly came outside and brought the fainted mare. Chrystant cried into Espíritu as she thought about how awful this night has been. Espíritu moved Chrystant to Foliage so she could handle the mare. After a month of laying low, Chrystant's mother felt better and was back to her old self. Espíritu and her mother decided that Hollow Shader was no longer safe for Chrystant. Chrystant's mother gave her a photo of their family, some bits and her old head bad. Espíritu gave her some herbs and an old magic book. As the two mothers kissed Chrystant goodbye, Foliage decided to join Chrystant on her journey. While Espíritu started to argue with Foliage, Chrystant's mom told her to never talk about what took place in this woods and gave her a new name: Predestine. With her new name and best friend, Predestine left in the dead of night. The two didn't know where to go but they wandered around from town to town. Predestine would make money by offering her fortune telling service. After years of angier and sadness, Predestine started to make deals with the other side. Foliage tried to stop her, but he couldn't break through to her. The other side has twisted Predestine's mind and now she is obsessed with magic and potions. The two set roots in a little hut near a swamp in the Ever Free forest. Foliage stays home to work on his underground Witch Doctor business as Predestine travels from town to town, trying to forget the past.

Pictures/Visual Description:
Spoiler: Visual • show
Spoiler: Appearance • show

Spoiler: CutieMark • show

Is it alright if she has a little
fortune tellin' stand?
:33
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Gamepad

@FakeSmile

That Bio. :o
Accepted, but for the stand as long as it sells food or drinks or some sort of edible/drinkable items it is fine.

FakeSmile

I'm sorry! I probably should
have shorten it...
OwwO;

Oh yes, I have a grand idea
for a drinkable fortune tellin'...
ovO
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

LarryMcLie

Name: Money Trees and Shopping Spree
Type: Pegasus
Personality: Shopping enjoys the experiences if life and loves dragging around and rushing her friends. Money Trees takes joy in the things she collects. If she can't put it on a shelf, a wall, a hanger, or in a box, it's pointless to her. Both are major spenders.
A little backstory: They both BFF that come from rich families in Cloudopolis.

Gamepad

@LarryMcLie Accepted
Rich Ponies? Don`t see that often. I`m sure there are lots of food and drink they can spend money on.

Julien999

2015 Jun 29, 08:04:22 #14 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 05, 02:01:14 by Julien999
Character Name: Natura Leaf
Species/Type: Unicorn
Basic Personallity: Good nature (kind), friendly, a bit shy? (not so shy...)
Pictures/Visual Description:

Character Name: Acqua Bubble
Species/Type: Unicorn
Basic Personallity: Playful, friendly. ... Playful? Nah, I think she's childish.
Pictures/Visual Description: Blue coat, mane and eyes color. Bubble cutie mark. (I can't descript it...)

Character Name: Flame Anger
Species/Type: Earth/Dragon pony
Basic Personallity: He can becomes angry easily. (It would be hard to become friend with him...)
Pictures/Visual Description: Red coat, mane and eyes color. A fire cutie mark. (I can't descript it...)

Flame will participate for the contest.
These unicorns mares will handle the eating contest. (If I can...)

Gamepad

@Julien999 Accepted

Lot of ponies to keep track of :3 It is fine if you want to help set up the contest.

Aeterna Sol

You might wanna make an OOC thread. Just saiyan.
And speaking of saiyans (Stupid question BTW), what do you think if Son Goku, Or a pony similar to him, took part in the eating contest? Would you allow something like that in your RP?
Sorry, there isn't anywhere else to put this question.
It's possible that I'd join the contest too, but I think Blazing Sun would be too fast.
Not as fast as Goku, of course, but still really fast.

Gamepad

@BlazingSun9001

Never watched DragonballZ. So I have no idea what you mean by Son Goku.

I`ll look of the OC if you post it here. It can be slightly nerfed if needed.

Julien999

Quote from: Gamepaw on 2015 Jun 29, 11:20:39
Never watched DragonballZ. So I have no idea what you mean by Son Goku.

Son Goku is a character from DragonBallZ, he is a saiyan. Saiyans can eat a lot of food! We can say that they can eat over 50 bowl of foods with a incredible speed...

Gamepad

Hmm, okay. Maybe keep to abnormal not extreme :3
And all should be fine.

Go Up