Is this all?

Started by Vick McBread, 2015 Mar 06, 04:20:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chibalt

Well if I could make a suggestion, a space station could work fairly well for an RP in terms of flexibility, events could happen through ships docking there for various reasons, it would also allow people to drop in through being sent there as extra crew if they're too significant in some way to not have been mentioned or noticed earlier in the RP if present on the station.

A small ship would be a bit troublesome in introducing characters without a lot of timeskips or patience from ponies wanting to join,  not to mention you wouldn't have quite as much room for the magical powers of improvising/adding locations for the purpose of plot convenience.

Either way I think it'd be a somewhat good idea to have something like a bar or lounge like in Star Trek, would we be on star trek technology levels or would we be a bit lower? And magic would definitely have to have some sort of involvement.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

annosrules

I was thinking a galactic class ship, like the Enterprise from star trek.

Vick McBread

I like all of your Ideas and I have some of my own: Such as a ship specifically designed for exploration missions. Also, let's have a universal language adapter communicator. And yes. I'm thinking of taking the begging hallways of Black Mesa in HL2, making the hallways curve in a circle and have tubes (<---simplicity) connecting them all. Also we can mix in some designs from the movie "Interstellar" when we deal with the OUTSIDE or INSIDE of the ship : D I'm still open to suggestions and everything is still uncertain, changeable, and lucid.
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

Maplewood

I would love to join a space rp mostly because I'm starting to just understand my rp style

Vick McBread

2015 Mar 31, 15:42:17 #84 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 31, 23:34:14 by Vick McBread
Successful Sci-fy RPs I've done (Only 2):

Space Exploration RP My character had an affinity for a dangerous planet and sent down drones. He hired a feline scientist and they went down to capture one of the reptilian soldiers. They make peace with the hostile planet and joined forces with it's Fuhrer. Then The reptilian soldier and his medic partner joined our crew. Currently, a stallion from a green green planet joined us along with a sneaky space pirate racoon. This RP is THE BEST!

1 on 1 Space RP Two RPers are trapped together in outer-space. (Vagueness breeds opportunity and possibility in RPs.)

WHAT I PLAN TO DO: We all make up a versatile crew on a small independent ship, or space station. (Please keep in mind that a 'small independent ship' is VERY large. A space station can be smaller because it isn't mobile.)

As the RP moves along, we can all decide weather we belong to a faction, company, federation, empire, union, government or are alone and all come from different back grounds. Or weather we explore, trade, fight, steal, flee, wander, hide, or cause trouble.

We must choose wisely so the RP stays flexible.

My choice for the RP: We are an independent team who trades, pays for things we need, and fights for resources. We all come from different backgrounds. Maybe a few of us have secrets. But we are all a team. We have BOTH a small independent ship, AND a cloaked space station.

(Let's also talk about if we have other loot, and possibly personal, 1 man ships.)

annosrules

If it is an independent ship, than I would require both escape pods and landing ships, because the living populace needs to be able to evacuate, and such a large ship would be impractical to land on a planet, or was constructed in space and incapable of surviving in an atmosphere.

annosrules

My ideas;
Ship name: (Something like USS) Harmony
Class: Galactic Cruiser
Mission: Spread harmony throughout the galaxy, and befriend other civilizations.
Captain: Match Stick (Or other suitable OC, alicorn maybe?)

The (USS) Harmony is a modern marvel, equipped with cutting edge technology and fully competent crew. The ship utilizes a unicorn powered harmony drive that warps space to achieve FTL travel.

Now build on I community, and when we deem the setting sufficient, I will personally start the RP thread.

Vick McBread

2015 Apr 04, 11:56:19 #87 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 04, 12:33:50 by Vick McBread
Actually, I think the ship WOULD be able to land. I imagine the independent ship being a bit bigger than the Millennium Falcon

If it really IS too huge to land on the planet... Then I agree that we need ships that are manned by a single pony, if not two.

I don't want to limit the RP to spreading harmony. I think we should be friendly, but this is space we're talking about.

If we're seriously going to be bound by an empire, then I want to have a contract that allows us to leave the boundies of the empire independently...

And if we're seriously going to have a huge cruiser ship, then I think we should either be a team on that ship or something else. But I don't want that.

LostSanity

Action/Adventure? Maybe? Fighting too? Or not? Just something fun that is adventure-like?

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Vick McBread

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Apr 04, 17:57:32
Action/Adventure? Maybe? Fighting too? Or not? Just something fun that is adventure-like?

:s

Adventure? Yes.

annosrules

The RP does need a centralized structure though, lest it fall into discord from everyone playing out their own individual stories and expecting everyone one else to play to their idea of what the RP is. Also, an independent ship requires an agricultural section, which alone would take up a few acres and multiple crewmembers to run properly.

Vick McBread

2015 Apr 07, 03:05:10 #91 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 08, 16:06:13 by Vick McBread
Exactly : D I'm going to start a list of everything we all can agree upon.

AGREE or DISAGREE Please tell me if I missed anything. Anything that isn't up here is either something I don't want to happen, or I just forgot.
1• Friendly interaction. But no harmony spreading.

2• Independent ship with team of only us.
3• Independent space station (Where we refill our supplies, such as food from our space farm.)
4• Ship is dependent on space station.

5• Black-mesa theme'd interior (Only curved and designed according to zero gravity)

6• We belong to an empire
7• Paying attention to tending to resources (In the empire, the space ship, and the space station.)

8• We're not the only ones that dock with the space station.

9• The space station is a community (instead of our own personal space station)
0• The space station is the empire's

11• We're part of an empire and the invulnerable space station can only be docked with members of the empire, and friendly ships.
12• We're part of an empire and the cloaked space station can only be found by empire members, and trusted ships

annosrules

1. Agree, harmony thing was mostly propaganda anyway.
2. Agree, but only if the team has a diverse and complete enough skill set
3. Disagree, their should be space stations, but I believe anchoring to only one would reduce the exploitative nature of this RP.
4. Agree, but only if their are multiple space stations.
5. Meh? Aesthetics don't really matter since this is theater of the mind.
6. Agree
7. Disagree, resource management is a cumbersome system that should only take effect if the ship is disabled or otherwise cut of from a supply.
8. Agree, cause why would intergalactic space malls exist if their was only one ship?
9. Agree
10. Disagree, most might be, but others should be independent or opposing.
11. Disagree, OP space station is OP
12. Disagree, OP space station is OP

Chibalt

1. Agree, the harmony deal is pretty vague anyways.
2.Agree, though there should be occasional recruitment on space stations and such so new characters can jump in if needed.
3. Space Stations makes more sense, plural, having multiple different ones to anchor to can give a bit more leeway for RP scenarios, plus we could occasionally be doing things such as simple transporting of goods from one place to another.
4.Fair enough, though the ship should still be able to last a fair while without docking just so we don't have to fuss as much with that.
5.Black Mesa is pretty dull in colour for me, so meh.
6. Agreed.
7. No thank you, resource management can be an absolute pain in RPs and can also quite easily scare off potential joiners.
8.Agreed, it makes perfect sense.
9.Agreed, it's pretty much a space-mall anyways.
10. Agree, so long as it isn't all space stations, would be neat to dock at some neutral space stations.
11. No, there's nothing that is invulnerable. Disagree.
12. This is even more OP, no way there'd be a perfect cloaking system short of dropping in and out of existence, which wouldn't even be cloaking in the first place. Disagree.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Vick McBread

2015 Apr 08, 16:28:31 #94 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 08, 16:37:37 by Vick McBread
Alright. SO! We agree on most things...

Infinite vs Finite Resources: I'd like to pay attention to resources because it would give opportunity in the RP... However there are too many disadvantages for that to happen. We instead will have to use that as an alternate plan to keep this RP going when it starts to die.

Space stations: I do believe that we can all agree that there can be many space stations around space that belong to various groups. There will be space stations owned by the empire, community owned, pirate owned, planet owned, you name it! We all might even have a small event/goal in the RP to build our own : D As a little fun challenge X 3

Interior of the ship: I think we can all imagine the inside of the ship however we want : D It's just that we can't differ in mindset at the structure, size, lay out, etc, of each artificial interior.

Us and only us + Recruitment: I LOVE the Idea of starting out with a small capable crew and then expanding it out within reason. We can seriously start the RP with just you, me, and him. And then gain RPers who come looking for a fun, casual, controlled, fleshed-out sci-fy RP experience : D

(Please keep in mind that I DO want a fun casual RP, YET this one must STILL be closely moderated because of how delicate sci-fy RPs are.)

Ok, I know I missed some things from your comments throughout this entire discussion, so please state whatever you wanna say. Otherwise, I want to say that we're ready for this RP to take off.

We just need a begging and a direction to drive the RP in : D Running away from something maybe? X 3 That's my suggestion : )

LostSanity

Now that I have the closure I was looking for. I may possibly have an actual RP idea.

Would anyone like to hear it?

Vick McBread

LostSanity

Basically... it's an Ace Attorney RP. Except with MLP:FiM OC's/ponies. It's more along the lines of the spinoff game "Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth" RP though.

I have three cases I created that I was unable to finish. I'll leave it at that in terms of why I was unable to finish it. If you want more info on this, you'll have to ask me over PM. But that's not the point and it's off-topic.

Anyway...

It's basically like an Ace Attorney case where you find evidence, talk to witnesses, detectives, and so on and you get testimony and you find the contradictions, point them out, and find the truth/find the real criminal, and so on.

That's about as much as I can describe it. The real question is if I could get anyone to participate in it and not go inactive on me which has happened to me before too.

But there's my idea.

Aeterna Sol

(*Sigh* My second post since the time BOTH PCs, and the only ones we had, broke. >A<)

That sound great, but I noticed someone mention "fighting" and now...
For some VERY strange reason, I want a DBZ RP, which may end up REALLY bad.

waaaaaaah

I'll definitely want to participate in that :] but it needs to be run by a GM to prevent the rp from being overloaded with posts or from straying off of the plot X3
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

Go Up