Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Started by RainbowDash, 2015 Feb 27, 06:13:30

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

Quote from: RainbowDash on 2015 May 03, 05:52:03
The theme is out in north america not in europe

That's odd... The Theme said it was to celebrate over 1 million copies being sold in North America and Europe...
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Sunshine Smash

Man, my storage box is more filled than my MH3U box. It's at the 9th section. I need to start selling useless stuff.....

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chibalt

2015 May 03, 17:10:35 #302 Last Edit: 2015 May 03, 17:12:35 by Chibalt
It's a bit of a pain getting by using ranged weapons, particularly when pretty much all the bows and such either have A: Bad stats but able to use pretty much all coatings, or B:Excellent stats, superb even, BUT unable to use almost any kind of coating, especially the ones that actually increase damage, such as Power or C. Range, even worse, they're the ones that have stuff like Pierce 2 and Rapid 3 just to mention an example.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Rikaria

That's why I try to compromise/find a balance before making anything.

Sunshine Smash

I'm planning on doing the Monster Hunter! Quest, anyone feel like coming?

Chibalt

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 May 03, 17:26:14
That's why I try to compromise/find a balance before making anything.

Except thus far I simply can't seem to find a good bow that's going to work, right now I'm using the scylla fist I, which works fairly well for me, though there's the annoyance with no damage-enhancing coatings being avalible,the Hunter's Stoutbow seems promising though, I just have to actually get dragonite ore. I'm starting to think I should just grind up ketchubucabra or whatever it's called, get enough for blademaster armor and then go melee instead.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Rikaria

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 03, 17:33:24
I'm planning on doing the Monster Hunter! Quest, anyone feel like coming?

I think I'll just wait till I get endgame-ish armor for that...

Chibalt

Yeah I've pretty much decided by now, I think I'm gonna farm up the armor that uses gloamberry, can't remember what it's called but it has slightly better defense than tetsucabra and should only take a few merchant trips to multiply the ingredients enough, which is easy when you have harvest tour quests, just spend the time fishing for goldenfish and the like untill the ticket comes.

Sunshine Smash

So I just finished the Master's Test quest.

Well.... I'm intensely disappointed.... For the Caravaneer's Challenge you get rainbow coloration. For this you get.... A Hero's Talisman that gives you +12 to Wide Range with no gem slots.....

Sakura_Blossom

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2015 May 04, 08:15:25
Pink Rathian is so op  DD:

Yea, took me a while to finish the plot-essential quest to take her out. I actually got so annoyed I decided to finally start doing multiplayer. So I guess that's good.  X3

Rikaria

Heh... just wait till you fight Azure Rathalos...

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 May 04, 09:51:27
Heh... just wait till you fight Azure Rathalos...

Azure Rathalos is nothing to that. Pink Rathian spams her heavy hitting spins which go through antidotes and leaves you open to attacks.

Rikaria

I dunno. I found A.Rath more annoying than P.Rath.

EDIT: The free MH4U Theme is now available in Europe. Sorry for the confusion from before.

Sunshine Smash

Anyone know where to find a regular G-Rank Fatalis? I just need two hardhorns to finish Ultimus Apocalypse.

Rikaria

Is Crimson Fatalis' armor set worth getting? I saw its skills, and though the only negative one was Defense Down, the other three were pretty good... but I hate fighting against it ><

Anyway... if you think it's worth it, that's what I'll be farming for tomorrow (my time). Of course, I'm also willing to help others here (I pretty much have everything I need until more G Rank Event Quests come out).

Chibalt

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 May 07, 18:32:56
Is Crimson Fatalis' armor set worth getting? I saw its skills, and though the only negative one was Defense Down, the other three were pretty good... but I hate fighting against it ><

Anyway... if you think it's worth it, that's what I'll be farming for tomorrow (my time). Of course, I'm also willing to help others here (I pretty much have everything I need until more G Rank Event Quests come out).

Personally I really don't bother farming items from a monster that is a pain to kill, generally this is decided by three factors from me: Does it combo constantly? Does it apply poison over and over and over very frequently? Does it hit me so much it goes through all my field supplies? If all three are yes then I'm either not ever again touching the quest, the only exceptions being monsters that feel fair and avoidable, for example the Zinogre.

I hate the monsters that apply poison frequently, the Yian Garuga in particular, and that is me talking with a Palico setup that has my palico set up with 3 support first stringers and 2 defense ones.

Rikaria

2015 May 07, 18:50:33 #317 Last Edit: 2015 May 07, 18:56:10 by Rikaria
Following your three factors:
  • The only real combo I've seen is a spin attack in which it hits you with its very long tail. There's some delay before each spin though, so I guess it's not really a combo since you can guard/dodge in time.

• It uses Blastblight clouds which explode, but it doesn't constantly use them. If anything, you're probably gonna get hurt by its fire attacks... or literally by its body (standing near it during certain times will actually damage you due to the extreme heat).

• I'm not sure I can answer that last factor properly since I've only fought it once so far, but I did go through like 15 Mega Potions (10 at start, 5 via Combo List), and you don't start at home base, so...

On an additional note: there seem to be more quests in this game compared to past ones where you don't start at home base, but even then there's not always a bed.

Chibalt

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 May 07, 18:50:33
Following your three factors:
  • The only real combo I've seen is a spin attack in which it hits you with its very long tail. There's some delay before each spin though, so I guess it's not really a combo since you can guard/dodge in time.

• It uses Blastblight clouds, but it doesn't constantly use them. If anything, you're probably gonna get hurt by its fire attacks... or literally by its body (standing near it during certain times will actually damage you due to the extreme heat).

• I'm not sure I can answer that last factor properly since I've only fought it once so far, but I did go through like 15 Mega Potions (10 at start, 5 via Combo List), and you don't start at home base, so...

On an additional note: there seem to be more areas in this game where you don't start at home base compared to past games, but even then there's not always a bed.

Err what? No, the Yian Garuga's tail is also poisonous, and it has a tendency to use it's tail attack quite a lot, not to mention it moves just a smidge too fast for my liking with it's recovery, it doesn't have any heat AOE attacks either, are you sure you're not thinking of the Gypceros? You might need to go through your monster information list.
And how the heck did you go through so many potions against the Zinogre? I was using a coiled nail najarala longsword and had not too much trouble, I only went through about 6 mega potions, and that was with me being actually fairly agressive, personally I haven't seen much of a use for the bed either frankly, the only times I actually return to base camp is because of fainting, which is pretty rare, or because I am on a mission where I can afford going back to pick up supplies, some of which might even be needed to finish the mission.
And you DO start at home base for the Zinogre mission, the bed is literally behind you at the start of the mission, sure you just didn't read the map right and notice the base camp at heaven's mount is actually closer to the middle this time?

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 May 07, 18:59:20
Err what? No, the Yian Garuga's tail is also poisonous, and it has a tendency to use it's tail attack quite a lot, not to mention it moves just a smidge too fast for my liking with it's recovery, it doesn't have any heat AOE attacks either, are you sure you're not thinking of the Gypceros? You might need to go through your monster information list.
And how the heck did you go through so many potions against the Zinogre? I was using a coiled nail najarala longsword and had not too much trouble, I only went through about 6 mega potions, and that was with me being actually fairly agressive, personally I haven't seen much of a use for the bed either frankly, the only times I actually return to base camp is because of fainting, which is pretty rare, or because I am on a mission where I can afford going back to pick up supplies, some of which might even be needed to finish the mission.
And you DO start at home base for the Zinogre mission, the bed is literally behind you at the start of the mission, sure you just didn't read the map right and notice the base camp at heaven's mount is actually closer to the middle this time?

I think she's just using your factors in her question to decide if she should farm Crim Fatalis. She was probably talking about Crimson Fatalis.

Go Up