3D Models from White Pony

Started by White Pony, 2014 Aug 17, 00:02:05

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BludSpammd

Ah, it's great to hear how much you enjoy the ammount of effort the team put into making the game.
I truly enjoy the small snippets of comics you do as well. They're mildly entertaining.  ;)

White Pony

Understand the concern for the need of low poly-counts.  In-game use requires a nice looking 3D model but with the lowest poly-count possible to ensure the computers don't lag during play. 

What is the current in-game poly-count for a standard earth pony? 

my current standard pony, poly-count is 2891 polygons... Queen Chrysalis is 9957 polygons. 

BludSpammd

Quote from: White Pony on 2015 Nov 03, 10:23:10
Understand the concern for the need of low poly-counts.  In-game use requires a nice looking 3D model but with the lowest poly-count possible to ensure the computers don't lag during play. 

What is the current in-game poly-count for a standard earth pony? 

my current standard pony, poly-count is 2891 polygons... Queen Chrysalis is 9957 polygons.

Is that with or without subdividing the polys?
For our earth ponies it is about 2000 triangles.

White Pony

Quote from: BludSpammd on 2015 Nov 03, 17:27:42
Is that with or without subdividing the polys?
For our earth ponies it is about 2000 triangles.
That's with subdivided polys on single count.  Increasing the subdivided amount only increases the poly-count by two, three or more per model.  If you use tri-poly (typical for most other modeling programs) you will increase the poly-count.

Knowing that you're using tri-polys, then my poly-count will only double when you introduce the model into the game system with my current 3D model.  I can further reduce the poly count by three or four times the amount, but the model will suffer when animated.  I tend to use the rule of three when dealing with joints to help with limb bending. 

McClaw

Give a pony a bone, he returns with a poisonous flower.

At least it isn't Poison Joke!
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

McClaw

"Mildly toxic" might be more accurate.
LINK
They still shouldn't be eaten.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

PrincessButton

Quote from: McClaw on 2015 Dec 17, 08:34:10
"Mildly toxic" might be more accurate.
LINK
They still shouldn't be eaten.
Hmm, learned something new today... Thanks for the PSA, McClaw. : D
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

McClaw

I'm tempted to offer hammer and nails... :P

McClaw

Then don't distract us by waving around that plot, Chrissy.

waaaaaaah

I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

Thundergirl

Quote from: Star Feather on 2014 Nov 24, 11:51:13
That's amazing! I really think you could be on the 3d Modelling team for LoE! :D

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2014 Nov 24, 14:11:47
Very nice work! I agree with the poster above me, you should apply to join the team.  ^-^

They're both right! You should apply to the LoE team! ^^

Your 3D work looks amazing :D

Go Up