Skyrim

Started by Remedy, 2012 Apr 15, 00:13:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

Quote from: kremsly on 2012 Jul 25, 07:56:52
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 25, 07:10:50
I tried a mod on a friends computer that let you visit the lands of the khajit  :3
oh you mean moonpath to elsweyr? (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9782)

i gave it a go it was pretty well made but the options in conversations felt too sarcastic and there was a tone of walking and due too scipting the whole place is set in a building sou can't quick travel anywhere  DD:

The fact that the creator was able to make a jungle zone in a game which is nothing but snow and mountains is an achievement of its own.

Zygrograxgra

I play Skyrim without bows or magic.
:D
It's just my Argonian, my light armor, my shield, my sword, and my shouts.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

Wish there was a way to equip two shields and just go around smacking enemies  lol

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 25, 21:55:19
Wish there was a way to equip two shields and just go around smacking enemies  lol

I was actually hoping you would be able to do that for a few months before the game came out.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

lurk852

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 25, 21:53:05
I play Skyrim without bows or magic.
:D
It's just my Argonian, my light armor, my shield, my sword, and my shouts.

I started playing a no-magic character too (though it was an archer in my case) - surprisingly fun.

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 25, 21:55:19

That would be so awesome, especially if you got two shields that made different sounds - you could bash out awesome beats on your enemies' faces.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

CyanideInsanity

While the post is 2 pages back, I might as well add that if anyone wants a list of decent mods, check out gophersvids on youtube. He's also got good tutorials up for adding mods to bethesda games. As well as mod spotlight series for FO3, NV, and skyrim

Also I'm curious if anyone else has been watching his lets play of skyrim. X3
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

777joshua777

2012 Jul 26, 22:58:06 #366 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 27, 14:06:29 by Remedy
i play skyrim on my dad computer  X3 LOL

Chishio Kunrin

I glitched under the Whiterun map, and I was walking along, looking around, when I noticed a weird circle. It looked to me like it was in about the middle of the map, though I'm not completely sure.

So, I slowly walked toward it, like "What is that? Is that the center of the map? Is that a special mark for the very middle of the map? If I step on it, will something bad happen? What happens if I get too close?" I was nervous about this weird dark circle with a lighter ring within it. What in the hay was that, and would it glitch me to death if I got too close?

It turned out to be.. a plate. :l "... A plate. *Looks up at a table hovering above me on the surface, then back at the plate* wat. This plate glitched through the map? How the..."

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Phoenix dust

I gave up with skyrim and reverted to playing oblivion.
Far to full of glitches and trying to be taken seriously.

I have actually found an easy to replicate glitch that shows this. using the staff of paralysis, and shooting it at a rabbit,
on a hill casing the rabbits mesh to morph wildy out of form and shape and when the effects wear off, it returns to it's original mesh

The environment and atmosphere for the setting of the game is correct.

How ever, through that it has lost in my eyes, having any kind of character other than a barren
boring waste land that seems to only varies when you enter one of the major citys or smaller towns.

I would go on but i'd end up dragging you all along for a 3 hours worth of reading.

Dust.

Book Smarts

I think they finally patched my favorite glitch which let me hit people with my fists with no cooldown  :o

lurk852

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 28, 05:27:48
I glitched under the Whiterun map, and I was walking along, looking around, when I noticed a weird circle. It looked to me like it was in about the middle of the map, though I'm not completely sure.

So, I slowly walked toward it, like "What is that? Is that the center of the map? Is that a special mark for the very middle of the map? If I step on it, will something bad happen? What happens if I get too close?" I was nervous about this weird dark circle with a lighter ring within it. What in the hay was that, and would it glitch me to death if I got too close?

It turned out to be.. a plate. :l "... A plate. *Looks up at a table hovering above me on the surface, then back at the plate* wat. This plate glitched through the map? How the..."

Plates are serious business. Reminds me of a certain area in WoW, where if you glitched through the world you could find a giant happy face underneath.

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 28, 10:07:38
I think they finally patched my favorite glitch which let me hit people with my fists with no cooldown  :o

Let us have a moment of silence.  :c

Book Smarts

I'm building an orc berserker that specializes in dual wielding axes and the elemental fury shout

lurk852

2012 Jul 29, 15:12:28 #372 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 29, 16:32:23 by lurk852
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 29, 14:48:18
I'm building an orc berserker that specializes in dual wielding axes and the elemental fury shout

Man, I couldn't get into dual wielding too much. With sword and board or 2h you have to block and bash and watch the distance between you and your opponent, but since the DW attacks are so short-ranged and time-consuming, you can't really do anything but run up to things and spam attacks  :I Smashing everything with Elemental Fury like that can be pretty fun, though. Dual wielding also gives you an opportunity to think of not only one, but two badflank names for your enchanted weapons...

I've been discovering that archery with high-level perks is crazy powerful. Between the perk that lets you move at full speed while shooting and the perk that gives shots a 50% chance to stagger, you can kite melee enemies pretty much indefinitely.

edit: Long shot, but has anyone tried that big overhaul mod, SkyRe?

Book Smarts

No, but I know I'm going to want it if I ever get Skyrim for the pc  :s

lurk852

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 29, 22:12:43

:c

The mod sounds pretty cool, but I can't get the new "timed blocking" thing to work right, and that's a crucial part of melee combat in it  :l

Book Smarts

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 29, 22:42:50

The mod sounds pretty cool, but I can't get the new "timed blocking" thing to work right, and that's a crucial part of melee combat in it  :l

I fail at timed blocking, especially when I'm playing Dark Souls

lurk852

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 29, 22:48:56
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 29, 22:42:50

I fail at timed blocking, especially when I'm playing Dark Souls

Agh, yeah... not my favorite mechanic either. I never used that much in Demon's Souls - it's pretty satisfying to get it right, but the risk is usually way bigger than the potential reward.

Chishio Kunrin

NPC: Don't take this the wrong way, but you look kind of sick.
me: What? Am I?! *Checks* Oh. Rockjoint. So I am. *Goes into a temple*
lady: Have you gotten the Nettlebane yet?
me: NO, dang it! I'm busy! Just came to use your facilities.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 30, 05:31:14

I remember going to that cauldron store in whiterun for the first time andd the second she mentioned that I looked a little pale; I took five minutes to look at myself in third person and my stats to make sure I didn't catch an actual disease.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 30, 08:05:03
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 30, 05:31:14

I remember going to that cauldron store in whiterun for the first time andd the second she mentioned that I looked a little pale; I took five minutes to look at myself in third person and my stats to make sure I didn't catch an actual disease.

Potion lady is a liar. I think her method of sale is to "diagnose" people who're just browsing and scare them into buying from her. Poor, poor citizens of Whiterun.

Go Up