Dawnstar's Character Bios

Started by Dawnstar, 2014 Jun 08, 01:41:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dawnstar

2014 Jun 08, 01:41:14 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 10, 23:37:12 by Dawnstar
Dawnstar's Pony Character Bios

A collection of every fully completed biography of my pony characters.

[Spoiler=Main Characters]
[Spoiler=Sidus Aurorae (Dawnstar)]

Deviant Page.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler=Carmine Eve]

Deviant Page.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler=Bastion Blitz]

Deviant Page.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler=Summer Spark]

Deviant Page.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler=Artisan]

Deviant Page.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler=Prairie Willow]

Deviant Page.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Supporting Characters]
[Spoiler=Fractus Caelus (Broken Sky)]

Deviant Page.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

GlassMirror

Awesome character!
But there's a problem: this belongs to the OC board thing, so it will be moved once a mod sees lol

overall, you pretty much explain who he is, and what he does, including his weaknesses. But does he have a family, or any siblings? just a quick question though :D

Dawnstar

Hm. Yeah I remember not being sure which one I wanted to post it in last night because it was both a bio and a full vector art (and it was after midnight so my brain was gone).

He actually has two families due to circumstances at the beginning of the story I have planned. There's the adoptive family from Cloudsdale who rescued him from a big storm when he was about the CMCs' age. Right now I have their names down as Storm Song, Zephyr Song and a currently unfinished foal that's a few years younger than he is.

There is also an actual brother who is a blood relative who will show up later on in the story when I start having the Roaming Pegasi making another pass through Equestria. I haven't named him yet because the Roaming Pegasi names are going to be butchered mixtures of Latin words like what I did for Dawnstar's nickname, and butchering those words takes a little time to get one that sounds acceptable. His birth parents are effectively missing/presumed dead/etc. around the same time as the aforementioned circumstances from the beginning of the story.

Tiger

Roaming pegasi... That's really unique, never heard anything like it :D

Just one question, why is he the first roaming pegasus to get a cutie mark in centuries? I mean, I'd expect most roaming pegasi get a cutie mark related to travelling.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Dawnstar

2014 Jun 08, 21:56:28 #4 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 01, 00:37:58 by Dawnstar
It's something I plan on elaborating more if I ever get that far into what I'm writing. Basically this particular subgroup of Pegasi don't travel because they want to, but because they have to.

Edit: Removed wall of text because it was spoilery and out of date to boot.

The term Roaming Pegasus though was was actually a little play on words I came up with due to the theme I wanted to give them. Basically, since Equestria has such a heavy Greek focus in its stylings I wanted to style them in a similar fashion, but still have marked differences. So what I did was I pretty much made them the Rome of Equestria. Aftar all, Rome pretty much copied off the Greeks, and since the Roaming Pegasi share a similar lineage to Equestrians it made sense. The only real difference is that the Roaming Pegasi are the barbarian invaders rather than the mighty empire.

Dawnstar

Haha! I have finally gotten around to completing the character biographies for my six primary pony characters, as well as one biography for a character important to the backstory of my parallel Equestria.  :D

See spoilers in original post for their most detailed biographies to date.

I intend to add more character biographies as I finish them using the same template. I do have an ever-growing list of OCs after all.

annosrules

I really like your OC template and your characters are memorable. Good job. :)

Dawnstar

Thanks, I made the template myself since the only ones I've been able to find were very basic bio templates with hardly any information on them.

I'm glad you think the characters are memorable too. I remember the first versions of them I posted a few years back came off as very generic to people so I've spent a lot of time trying to flesh them out and give them interesting backstories and characteristics. I still have 5 more characters that need backstories finished and I'm sure I'll make even more in the future.

Dawnstar

Updated the bio of my primary pegasus character (Dawnstar) to match some final design changes including a more fitting cutie mark, a better special talent description for better clarity, and some minor changes to the flavor text.

I'm actually nearing the end of the concept phase for the story involving these characters so I'm trying to nail down final details and should hopefully be able to start on the production of the actual story portion soon.

Moon Pearl

Dawnstar, I think that you should've keep with the regular tail instead of a Lion tale. There's already one OC that has that tails and big ears, is an alicorn, is too small and it's VERY VERY CUTE  :3 I think her name is Lightning Bliss.

All Units. Battle Formation. Break Through the Front

Dawnstar

Didn't actually know that character existed until last month, but I've been using the classic unicorn style for both personal and canon characters for six. Mostly inspired by other artists who also prefer the classic unicorn look so it's not just that one character.

Rarity's tail flows especially well with the classic style.

I'm actually about half-finished sketching a group image of my characters that includes the style changes I have been using. Including the classic unicorn style and pegasi that have more detailed wings and tail feathers.

MrSpyro

Is the pony in your profile pic an OC or is it just something you found?
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Dawnstar

He's supposed to be my personal ponysona so he's separate from the characters listed in the first post since they're all part of the same head canon.

The picture itself is something I made to show the design and there's another picture of him on my DeviantArt page, but those are the only two pictures I've made of him so far.

Go Up