Rainbow Power

Started by Glimmer Ray, 2014 May 17, 04:02:42

previous topic - next topic

Which one of the Mane 6 Rainbow Power designs (in season 5 episode 26) looks the best?

Twilight Sparkle
10 (25%)
Rainbow Dash
11 (27.5%)
Applejack
5 (12.5%)
Pinkie Pie
9 (22.5%)
Fluttershy
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Go Down

Glimmer Ray

x3 Hope you enjoy my first poll!

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

Midnight Breeze

Chishio Kunrin

You put season 5 instead of season 4 and forgot to include Rarity.

And I don't really like any of them very much. They'd be better if their manes and tails didn't become huge.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 17, 14:29:21
And I don't really like any of them very much. They'd be better if their manes and tails didn't become huge.

Or if it didn't look like they applied dozens of removable tattoos to their legs.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 17, 14:31:02
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 17, 14:29:21

Or if it didn't look like they applied dozens of removable tattoos to their legs.

That, too. I was hoping that was only part of the advertisement pictures and not the actual show.

Also, it's weird that the Rainbow Power brushables don't even look Rainbow Power at all. It's just the regular mane six but with some of the strands of their hair made of a shiny material.

Tiger

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 17, 14:34:29
Also, it's weird that the Rainbow Power brushables don't even look Rainbow Power at all. It's just the regular mane six but with some of the strands of their hair made of a shiny material.

That just goes to show what horrible, lazy measures Hasbro goes to just to try to sell their toys. I'd be surprised if anyone buys those Rainbow Power brushables if I'm honest.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 May 17, 21:28:47
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 17, 14:34:29

That just goes to show what horrible, lazy measures Hasbro goes to just to try to sell their toys. I'd be surprised if anyone buys those Rainbow Power brushables if I'm honest.

I think they're actually almost the same exact thing as the Crystal Empire brushables that my mom bought for me.
PFFT, why buy new materials, when you can reuse old ones, am I right?

MrEmu

2014 May 19, 08:14:28 #8 Last Edit: 2014 May 19, 08:17:58 by MrEmu
I liked them all!

Twilight way awesome looking... ^-^
Rarity was just FABULOUS! *-*
Rainbow Dash looked a bit superheroy but that totally suits her! B)
AppleJack I didn't really see too well so I can't comment. :c
FlutterShy was adorable as ever! her colors worked well!
Pinkie-Pie looked like a TOTAL goof ball, but it suited her PERFECTLY! if he mane was any smaller it would have not worked as well! :D

I wish Discord had went rainbow...

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 17, 12:06:14
They all suck...
Be nice...others loved it.

GoldenTerrabyte

I liked Twilight and Fluttershy best!
I'm back

Zhai

my favourite was twilight

i didnt like rainbow's one, specially because her mane
i like all them more here where her mane is not super long/big:

Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

GoldenTerrabyte

There's only one thing... They never called it rainboe power! They didn't call it anything! They didn't even refer to it as anything!
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 May 19, 08:14:28
AppleJack I didn't really see too well so I can't comment. :c

Try this:

I do like Twilight, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie a lot. Fluttershy looks pretty good, but maybe scale her mane and tail down a little bit. I don't like how Rarity has two/three tails and three/four manes. That was a little weird. Rainbow Dash's was... alright.

I agree with Zhai, I like how they look in the advertisement art better.

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 19, 13:55:34
There's only one thing... They never called it rainboe power! They didn't call it anything! They didn't even refer to it as anything!

We're calling it Rainbow Power because of the advertisements for the toys of the design. Another thing you'll probably see it called is rainbowfied, since a lot of the Rainbow Power toys from 2013 didn't say "Rainbow Power" on the box but instead said "Look! I'm rainbowfied!"

Dawnstar

I'd have to say Twilight's is probably the one I like best. In my opinion she has the best mixture of colors with the least amount of color clash.

Applejack would probably be second for similar reasons though I think that pink stripe would've been better as red like the rest. Biggest reason I rate her design so high is because she avoided the ridiculously large mane.

Pinkie and Rainbow kind of tie in the middle. Pinkie because her mane just got a little more poofy so it doesn't really stick out as much for her, and while the additional colors are a bit bright they at least work with her design. I rate Rainbow in the middle too because I bet they totally had a hard time creating a new design for her. I mean, how do you rainbowfy a rainbow?

Fluttershy rates a little lower, and I realize she already has a longer mane to begin with, but her rainbowfied design almost appears to be more mane than pony. Plus she sort of falls into the area of clashing colors in my opinion. Wouldn't be so bad though if there was less hair and some other color to replace the green/teal/blues/whatever those are.

Rarity rates last for me because my goodness that color combination hurts my eyes. Plus I have to agree with the excessive mane thing. Just, why? Man I feel really sorry for the animators that had to make that work.

That being said, I have seen a few rainbow power artworks here and there that take the color schemes and actually make them look good so I think part of it is a problem with the exact colors used and how the show's art style affected how the colors work (or don't work) together.

As for the name, well, they will probably give it an official name at some point, but if you think about it the "Rainbow Powers" are effectively just the Elements of Harmony given new form.

GoldenTerrabyte

I forsee people giving their OCs Rainbow Power redesigns...
I'm back

Tiger

2014 May 22, 00:08:20 #15 Last Edit: 2014 May 22, 08:01:44 by Tiger
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 21, 23:56:29

That already happened alot on tumblr, actually. Just search "Rainbow Power" on tumblr and you'll see a few Rainbowified OCs pop up.

One of the "better" examples would be Ask-King-Sombra

Spoiler: And, of course, tumblr people have to follow tumblr fads... • show

Trying to make a legitimate attempt to rainbowify somepony without making them look ridiculous is legitimately hard.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Night Pony

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 21, 23:56:29

I made mine before the finale~
Though i enlarged the mane/tail a bit after it.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

GoldenTerrabyte

I'd like to see a Rainbow power Rainstorm. Even cooler would be Yellow Light!
I'm back

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 22, 12:44:34
I'd like to see a Rainbow power Rainstorm. Even cooler would be Yellow Light!

Draw it.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 May 22, 00:08:20
Spoiler: And, of course, tumblr people have to follow tumblr fads... • show

Trying to make a legitimate attempt to rainbowify somepony without making them look ridiculous is legitimately hard.

Awh, Tiger looks pretty rainbowfied! :3
I was thinking about a bunch of stuff while falling asleep last night, and I ended up trying to think of how Flash Strike would look rainbowfied. Unfortunately, I can't decide on good colors to go in her mane and tail, considering that
1. They're already two-toned with two different shades of purple
2. What colors are going to look good in purple, especially considering her coat is yellow?

Go Up