Open Server Reminder and more BABSCon Details!

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Apr 05, 05:52:58

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Ellowee

2014 Apr 05, 05:52:58 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 07, 09:17:11 by Ellowee
Hello everyone! I have a few quick things to tell you about today.

Firstly, I hope you enjoyed our little April Fool's post!

Secondly, our Open Server Weekend is in a little under two weeks! We'll be opening the servers on April 18th 12:01am until April 20th 11:59pm, so make sure that you register ahead of time at our forums so that you can log into the game the moment the servers are available. The game will be available for download a day or two before, but the servers will not open until April 18th, at the times specified above. This way, everyone has the chance to grab the game and log in once the servers open.
Please note that you must have a forum account before you can log in to the game. It is highly suggested that you register before the 18th, as the servers will be very busy once the weekend starts!
If you don't have an account already, you can register here.

Thirdly, I have some more information on BABSCon to share with you!

As announced a few weeks ago, Legends of Equestria will be hosting a Discussion Panel at BABSCon 2014, which begins on April 18th and will end on April 20th to coincide with the Open Server Weekend. Here are some more specifics for those of you attending!

The panel will start at 3:45pm and end at 4:30pm on Friday, April 18th. You can view their full schedule here. We'll have several wonderful team leaders along with plenty of awesome staff members.

I also wanted to let you know that a Legends of Equestria/BABSCon Poster will be available in very limited amounts at the con. You can see it here, and be sure to keep an eye out for it at the con as a charity item! If you would like more information about BABSCon, you can read about the San Francisco MLP Convention here.

What do you want to hear about on the panel? What would you like to see? Feel free to let us know in the comments!

1mirg

Firstly: I knew that facebook app thing was a prank
Secondly: Cannot wait to play the game again
It's better to live in the present than in the past.

Weatherboy1

That reminds me.... will you release the game early but not open the servers? That seemed to work out well last time.

Icy Shield

2014 Apr 05, 17:57:18 #3 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 05, 20:45:41 by Icy Shield
There is a small mistake in message

Quote from: Ellowee on 2014 Apr 05, 05:52:58
It is highly suggested that you register before the 24th, as the servers will be very busy once the weekend starts!


Yeah, 24th would be too late... even to play the game, since servers will over on 20th april :ajshifty:


Let it snow!

Puynsi

Quote from: Icy Shield on 2014 Apr 05, 17:57:18
There is a small mistake in message

Quote from: Ellowee on 2014 Apr 05, 05:52:58
It is highly suggested that you register before the 24th, as the servers will be very busy once the weekend starts!


Yeah, 24th would be too late... even to play the game, since servers will over on 20th april :ajshifty:



Yeeeeeah.... register 2 weeks before... because the madness that will overcome this place will be just... too much...

Poseidon


Catpisi

Hmm..Well,that sounds pretty good with the open server weekend.
I am afraid that we have to wait for the game  a bit more,cause it is not "done" yet.. :]  I wished that the game would be avalaible for ever.. :3

Ellowee

Quote from: Icy Shield on 2014 Apr 05, 17:57:18
There is a small mistake in message

Quote from: Ellowee on 2014 Apr 05, 05:52:58
It is highly suggested that you register before the 24th, as the servers will be very busy once the weekend starts!


Yeah, 24th would be too late... even to play the game, since servers will over on 20th april :ajshifty:


Oopsie! Thanks for pointing that out. It has been fixed!  <3


Draxton

What do you mean by register? Is there a forum thing I have to post on to be able to log into the game early, or do you just mean have an account on the forums like I already have?

Also, will I have to download the game again to play it or can I use the version I still have downloaded from the last open server weekend?

Also sorry if I should be asking here. I am still kind of new to forums and thought this was as good a place as any, since both things I am talking about are mentioned/have to do with this post

Howitzer

Quote from: Draxton on 2014 Apr 10, 22:56:56
What do you mean by register? Is there a forum thing I have to post on to be able to log into the game early, or do you just mean have an account on the forums like I already have?

Also, will I have to download the game again to play it or can I use the version I still have downloaded from the last open server weekend?

Also sorry if I should be asking here. I am still kind of new to forums and thought this was as good a place as any, since both things I am talking about are mentioned/have to do with this post

Register means sign up for an account, which you did, so you are able to download the game early.

If you still have the older version of LoE, then you need to delete it, a new one will need to be downloaded during the OSW.
If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid
 Knights of Dawns, because we're pretty much dead

CrazymattCaptain

Quote from: Howitzer on 2014 Apr 10, 23:23:17
If you still have the older version of LoE, then you need to delete it, a new one will need to be downloaded during the OSW.

do we really need to delete it? I've been assuming as long as you keep the old version and the new one in different folders they shouldn't affect each other.
The Crazy Pink Pony of The Brony Show
CrazymattCaptain
thebronyshow.net

skype: CrazymattCaptain

Princess Darcy

Well, the files in the appdata file /may/ conflict, but honestly there is no point keeping the old clients as they serve no real purpose once the OSWs are over
(although i still have mine rofl)

werefrog

Okay, does somepony have to manually create all the accounts when one registers?

The Werefrog registered, but it doesn't let The Werefrog login to the game.

Go Up