Lucidity

Started by Gracie Sky, 2014 Feb 02, 15:46:40

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Gracie Sky

2014 Feb 02, 15:46:40 Last Edit: 2014 Mar 25, 15:51:26 by Gracie Sky

"What would a daylover like you know about Princess Luna?"

Lucidity is a Unicorn mare from Canterlot who is currently a student at Luna's School for Gifted Ponies.

Her Mane
Before you know anything more about her, be warned never to talk about her mane in her presence. She does not like the way her mane looks and she does not like anypony who mentions it. However, she doesn't want to change it, for some reason. She issues a warning to first time offenders and is likely to punt repeat offenders over the horizon.

Her Cutie Mark
Lucidity's cutie mark is a dream catcher, representing her special talent to have lucid dreams. This means she can consciously become aware that she is dreaming while dreaming and manipulate her dreams to her liking. However, she is unsure what use her special talent can be. Word of Lucidity's talent reached Princess Luna and Luna extended an invitation to her to be a student a student at Luna's School for Gifted Ponies. Ever since accepting the invitation, Lucidity has been working diligently to discover the extent of her abilities and how they could possibly be useful outside her own dreams.

Daylovers
During her stay in the school, Lucidity has grown extremely attached to Princess Luna. On the other hoof, she has fostered a disdain for ponies who follow Princess Celestia and endlessly sing her praises. She has often been caught using the phrase "daylover" when referring to such ponies, although she has been repeatedly scolded for using such terminology. As almost all ponies outside the school are daylovers, she is more often than not seen in a generally foul mood. She does seem to lighten up considerably if you say something good about Luna, though.

Her Role
Lucidity is going to make an appearance in the story "Honest to Goodness: The Eyes of Twilight Sparkle" as a supporting character. In the story, Lucidity is tasked by Luna to help investigate the epidemic as a representative of the school, a role she wears proudly. Unfortunately, the pony she is assigned to assist happens to be the most critically acclaimed daylover in all of Equestria; the former personal protégé of Princess Celestia turned superstar, Princess Twilight Sparkle. I wonder how that will turn out.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

DawnsEmbrace

I can't believe it took me this long to finally read this.
I can't believe even more that no one else has bothered to reply!   O:

Well...I happen to like her mane...

I like her piercing yellow eyes, they go well with her other colors.
As a fellow Luna-Lover, I approve of her favorite Princess.
Her personality seems to be simple, and like-able.
I love her severe expression, I don't know why, but I tend to like severe/serious looking people.

I feel as if Lunar Composer would get along with her if they happened to meet.
<br />

Gracie Sky

It's okay with me. I'm sure they at least take a look at it. In fact, if they don't reply, I perceive it as they don't have any problems with it. I mean, I know if all I had to say was "I like your OC", I probably wouldn't say just that. ... Well, as a critiquer, I'd probably say a bit more, but there aren't many other critiquers on the forums. Although thank you for the feedback!

And yes, she'd get along very well with any other night pony. She's a bit bias like that. I'm not a big Luna fan, but her potential as a character is soooooo much greater than Princess Celestia. I appreciate her as a character and constantly explore the possibilities. Lucidity is an extension of one of those possibilities, the Luna version of the School for Gifted Ponies.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Go Up