Orange box

Started by Nala Valor, 2012 Jul 24, 23:00:02

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nala Valor

Anypony got that game? For those who doesn't know what it is, it's a 5 game pack in one box. Half life2, half life episode 1 and 2, portal and TF2 all on Xbox!

Lary

It was released on the Xbox and the PS3 and the PC.

Like... five years ago. >A<

It's how I got my TF2 membership and became an obsessed fan with Portal. I have yet to touch the Half Life games...
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Zygrograxgra

I've had it for like three years now.
So I SHOULD NOT be a F2P on TF2.
I think Valve should send out an update for the Orange Box that gives each person a one use code to become a Payed Account on TF2 as though you had always been playing, like buying the boxed version of the game would.
We did pay for it already.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

It was my first Xbox 360 since it was cheap and had so many games in one. I found the Team Fortress lacking compared to the computer version  o.O

lurk852

I bought it maybe three years ago because it cost the same as Portal on its own. FPSes aren't really my thing, though... I started Half-Life 2, and really enjoyed it up until the shooting started, at which point I got bored.  X3
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 24, 23:26:58
It was my first Xbox 360 since it was cheap and had so many games in one. I found the Team Fortress lacking compared to the computer version  o.O

...honestly, I prefer the 360 version.
The classes did what they should've done.
Scout capped the points fast, was great at guerrilla fighting, and was great at capping the flag.
Soldier was maneuverable, had great mid range attack, and could reach the highest heights.
Pyro was the king of the melee, though that was about it.
The Engineer is really the only class that works better on the PC version to me.
Heavy takes the hits and does great DPS, but he is slow and easy to hit.
Demoman did what he should've always been doing, trap laying and punishing players for being bunched up when the Pyro couldn't.
The Medic healed extremely well and had a great Ubercharge.
Spy got in, backstabbed, got out, and was best for the quick thinkers and those who could learn how the enemy behaves.
Sniper sniped. That's really it, he does what his name is, and he does it well.
On the PC version you have all that Demoknight nonsense and social ranking based on hats and a completely messed up economy, and the Pyro is always either UP or OP, and Spies not being Spies, and all sorts of other stuff that just doesn't work to me.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Lary

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 24, 23:33:58
I bought it maybe three years ago because it cost the same as Portal on its own. FPSes aren't really my thing, though... I started Half-Life 2, and really enjoyed it up until the shooting started, at which point I got bored.  X3

You should at least enjoy Portal. It's more Puzzle than it is FPS.

Fun Fact: I bought Orange Box for $10 that included Portal. I bought Portal 2 for $6 when it was on sale. I paid less than $10 for both Portal games.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

lurk852

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jul 25, 00:07:03
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 24, 23:33:58

You should at least enjoy Portal. It's more Puzzle than it is FPS.

Fun Fact: I bought Orange Box for $10 that included Portal. I bought Portal 2 for $6 when it was on sale. I paid less than $10 for both Portal games.

Yeah, that's what I mean - I was going to buy Portal, but then I saw that the Orange Box was the same price, so I figured I might as well pick up the free games. Portal was awesome as expected, so I got my money's worth.

And nice, I got Portal 2 when it was $20  :/
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Lan Sukasa

Oh Celestia, I remember playing the Xbox 360 version of TF2. NEVER AGAIN!  DD:

Then I bought the PC version (it was like two years before the Uber Update), and never went back.

Go Up