Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jcfraven

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2016 Dec 20, 08:20:54
Ah, so about most of the intro posts that new users make are too similar?..That reminds me...I still didnt make one myself lol

I meant the people who reply to the threads, my bad :p.

Ryo_D_Disk

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Dec 20, 06:46:08
When you see that all the recent intro posts, and most every intro thread, have the same copied and pasted message as the last one. Nothing more welcoming than having the same message mass-produced and given to you. I still remember helping to get such an act banned somewhere else, albeit with a few other reasons than it not being a welcoming gesture to the community(most notably, it being effectively spam).

That may seem like a dumb complaint, but I refer you to the first post, where the original intention of this thread exists.

No No you are correct my copy paste introductions do need updating and yes I agree that it's standardised post is a bit stale. However two points I would like to counterpoint in my defence. First I find it useful to give all users a nice introduction in some form rather than leaving nothing its more unwelcoming to have no responses and not feel welcome than have someone take the time even if its a copy paste to respond to them.

Second it's designed as an informative post leading users to sections of the forums that I've found in the past get overlooked and not many people are aware of how much we do offer.

but as I previously stated you are correct my introduction is a copy paste and since I have been absent for some time I chose to spend my time catching up with introduction content and while working I don't have enough time to write a personalised message for every user this is true. 

My argument is why can't more users post on the introductions thread we are a good strong community I remember a time where I struggled to be the first person to greet someone and now I'm able to welcome a user who is over a month old with no issues about being first.

Everyone just saying hello would be good for people it makes new users become regular users, even makes them stick to be veteran users. If it wasn't for the kindness of when I first joined back in the old days I wouldn't have stayed for all these years. 

Jcfraven

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2016 Dec 20, 08:29:45
No No you are correct my copy paste introductions do need updating and yes I agree that it's standardised post is a bit stale. However two points I would like to counterpoint in my defence. First I find it useful to give all users a nice introduction in some form rather than leaving nothing its more unwelcoming to have no responses and not feel welcome than have someone take the time even if its a copy paste to respond to them.

Second it's designed as an informative post leading users to sections of the forums that I've found in the past get overlooked and not many people are aware of how much we do offer.

but as I previously stated you are correct my introduction is a copy paste and since I have been absent for some time I chose to spend my time catching up with introduction content and while working I don't have enough time to write a personalised message for every user this is true. 

My argument is why can't more users post on the introductions thread we are a good strong community I remember a time where I struggled to be the first person to greet someone and now I'm able to welcome a user who is over a month old with no issues about being first.

Everyone just saying hello would be good for people it makes new users become regular users, even makes them stick to be veteran users. If it wasn't for the kindness of when I first joined back in the old days I wouldn't have stayed for all these years.

I do want to say that I hope I did not come off hostile, that was not my intention. You have good points, it is mostly my past that makes me more annoyed at it then I probably should be.

It is sad that there is not more in the way of replies to those threads nowadays, perhaps that will change in due time, who knows.

Ryo_D_Disk

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Dec 20, 08:33:52
I do want to say that I hope I did not come off hostile, that was not my intention. You have good points, it is mostly my past that makes me more annoyed at it then I probably should be.

It is sad that there is not more in the way of replies to those threads nowadays, perhaps that will change in due time, who knows.

to tell the truth I used to write them all by hand, then as users asked for more links and information I added some copy paste material then it just converted to that style in full. the issue with amending it now is that it does contain all the relevant starting information and as I said before time. the influx of users has increased over the years and my personal life hasn't slowed down recently ether. However given how the community has been quieting down and the introduction of the chatbox I have noticed a decrease in forum posting and a lot less community greetings.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2016 Dec 20, 08:39:23
to tell the truth I used to write them all by hand
With the LAR thing up people think the game is fully up, which means 6 trillion people coming in and such.
Writing each by hand would be a job in itself. lol

Though making @Ellowee into a bot that auto greets people there could be fun.

Which moves into one thing that annoys me... People who don't do their research on something enough.
Like, the site specifically says the game isn't finished, yet people still think it's done.

LunarDusk

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2016 Dec 21, 07:35:57
With the LAR thing up people think the game is fully up, which means 6 trillion people coming in and such.
Writing each by hand would be a job in itself. lol

Though making @Ellowee into a bot that auto greets people there could be fun.

Which moves into one thing that annoys me... People who don't do their research on something enough.
Like, the site specifically says the game isn't finished, yet people still think it's done.

Ikr  :l

ALso before then one thing that was really annoying that plagued me for 2 years was the fact that I see others in the chat constantly asking when the full game will be released or things like "The download isnt working"
no no no

furthermore...

"Wheres the download, I cant start the game."

Like ...come on, are some ponies like those people that dont read the description on youtube or something? Even in the rules last time I checked was to not ask when the game will be released because not even the mods would know that. Worse is when they keep asking despite the answer being in front of them.  :l
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Midnight Breeze

I'm getting fat, FAST. Something about having unlimited access to all the food I want and spending 8 hours a day sitting in a classroom causes weight gain. Who'd have thought that?

They really don't do us any favors with the food they give us access to. Somewhere between all the burgers, fries, hot dogs, tacos, chicken tenders, cakes, and pies I'm gaining my slicksleeve 15 (Yes, I made that term up on the spot). The hot meal line usually has junk like chilli Mac, lasagna, and fried chicken. The grilled salmon is delicious, but they only have it maybe once a week.

Somehow I've got to get my diet in check before I pop out of my ABU blouse. Raiding the salad bar every meal will get bland fast, though. It's ridiculous they don't give us access to more healthy foods. The food is delicious, but it's not helping my pt scores.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Dec 22, 23:59:03
I'm getting fat, FAST. Something about having unlimited access to all the food I want and spending 8 hours a day sitting in a classroom causes weight gain. Who'd have thought that?

They really don't do us any favors with the food they give us access to. Somewhere between all the burgers, fries, hot dogs, tacos, chicken tenders, cakes, and pies I'm gaining my slicksleeve 15 (Yes, I made that term up on the spot). The hot meal line usually has junk like chilli Mac, lasagna, and fried chicken. The grilled salmon is delicious, but they only have it maybe once a week.

Somehow I've got to get my diet in check before I pop out of my ABU blouse. Raiding the salad bar every meal will get bland fast, though. It's ridiculous they don't give us access to more healthy foods. The food is delicious, but it's not helping my pt scores.

I have always heard that the food they offer tastes amazing, the fact of there not being much in the way of health though gives food for thought(pun intentional).

Thunder Spin

2016 Dec 24, 04:13:38 #18568 Last Edit: 2016 Dec 24, 04:15:38 by Thundergirl
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Dec 22, 23:59:03

It isn't right for those to offer junk food to the kids (not me!!! :3)I think I am lucky they don't offer food in our schools. We eat whatever. In junior high school, too , I am not sure about senior high school.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where is the country they "deliver" food in schools?

Isn't it bad for you guys  to bring something from your home to eat?

Jcfraven

Quote from: Thundergirl on 2016 Dec 24, 04:13:38
It isn't right for those to offer junk food to the kids (not me!!! :3)I think I am lucky they don't offer food in our schools. We eat whatever. In junior high school, too , I am not sure about senior high school.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you mean kids ordering food, such happens in the United States in some schools, pizza deliveries and other things being delivered to the school as though it was a house.

Thunder Spin

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Dec 24, 10:15:01

If you mean kids ordering food, such happens in the United States in some schools, pizza deliveries and other things being delivered to the school as though it was a house.

Wow, so much junk food. I don't usually eat those. Well, that's my opinion, in anyway.4

If people didn't eat too much

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Thundergirl on 2016 Dec 24, 04:13:38

I'm at Air Force tech school, we're required to eat at the DFAC 3 meals a day except on weekends. As a new recruit I get a meal card that let's me eat free at the DFAC in lieu of receiving a monthly 'Basic Allowance for Subsistence'. Apparently they think making junior enlisted eat at the DFAC saves them money, but I don't think that makes any sense. 90 DFAC meals per month costs the government a lot more that $370 in BAS. It would be cheaper for them to just give us BAS rather than the meal card.

So I have no choice but to eat the food they give me, but have to maintain PT standards. I have an official PT test when I graduate tech school in mid 2017. If I fail it I'll be in HUGE trouble. As in 'Letter or Reprimand' level trouble.

Irroro

When people type, "Explode," in this one-word story thread.

*Cough-cough*

Scuze me, got sick 'cause Winter XP

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sweet Brew

Got a 24 hour flu as a late Christmas gift.
It's over now, but it still sucked.

Irroro

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2016 Dec 29, 10:09:08
Got a 24 hour flu as a late Christmas gift.
It's over now, but it still sucked.

I sneezed constantly for eight hours straight around Christmas. I don't even think it was the Flu or anything like that. I think it was just straight-up allergies, and you know how those are from person to person.

The only thing that made it better was seeing the Grinch make a baby cry with his rump. (I was at Universal Studios ;). Came up out of nowhere and kept cutting everyone in line to an attraction. At some point, he used his butt to move people aside. And then his butt ran into the baby--not literally, of course--but the baby cried soon as he saw the big green furry bottom of the ten year old story character moving towards her. It was hilarious. 'Course, the Grinch stopped, stood up, and turned around to say something funny after that, but I didn't hear. I was laughing.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Midnight Breeze

I'm still not getting over my case of bronchitis. I've been home for almost two weeks and it's not getting better. I have to go back to school Tuesday, I don't want to be hocking up mucus all the time in class. I'm gonna suck big time at running, but I'm just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it. I already got excused from one PT test, I'm liable to get accused of malingering if I try to get out of another.

Sweet Brew

I've been sleeping on the floor in our TV room due to just getting over a flu, and this morning I woke up to our dog 2 feet away from me half way through pooping right on the floor.
:x

Thunder Spin

I hate it when my mom wants me to go WITH HER to the supermarket and to the square (and think that I am a girl, so I would like it!). I wanna go with my friends! Last time she finally let me and one of my two bffs go to the supermarket we laughed a lot. Both of us enjoyed it.

Stardust Dragon

I decided to go and be productive and find out what books I need to order for my next (hopefully last) college semester...and of course, I happened to pick the one day they decided to do maintenance on the entire system.  Great.

LunarDusk

That moment when your ear bud cords get tangled repeatedly even after you have undone them. Especially it would be after you take them out of your pocket.
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Go Up