MLP Season 5 teaser!

Started by Mizuki, 2014 Nov 17, 21:38:02

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mizuki

Personally I'm glad that it's coming out in Spring of 2015, and not Fall/Winter 2015, which is what other sources have been saying!

I'm hyped :D

You guys excited??

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Tiger

All I really want to know is who voiced that, because that voice is awesome  lol

Other than that, I get the feeling Season 5 will have more "BUY OUR TOYS" stuff.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Chishio Kunrin

Man, that doesn't qualify as much of a teaser, if you ask me. :c

We got a lot more of a tease from the animatic they showed at SDCC.
Spoiler: Spoiler warning, since it's an animatic of a scene from season 5, probably the season 5 premiere • show

By the way, if you watch/have watched that animatic, we got a little Easter egg relating to it in Rainbow Rocks.
Spoiler: Slightly spoilery screenshot • show
Look at Rarity's throne.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Mizuki

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Nov 17, 22:04:53
All I really want to know is who voiced that, because that voice is awesome  lol

Other than that, I get the feeling Season 5 will have more "BUY OUR TOYS" stuff.

ikr? That voice IS awesome!

MLP has been very "BUY OUR TOYS!"-ish from the start, so I'm sure it won't get any worse than what they've already done with the whole "Princess and Rainbows!!" thing lol

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 17, 22:11:48

True, but at least now we know its in the Spring!

I haven't watched the animatic yet because last season I saw the Season 4 animatic, got over-hyped, but then was let down once the season finally aired. I won't be making that mistake again! -.-

Although I did hear about what they're gonna do for episode 100...I won't say what, but I'm honestly disappointed. :/

Dream Dust

:3 Can. Not. Wait!

Even though I agree it wasn't much of a teaser, I'm happy I can officially begin counting down for it's release. I know there will be some great episodes, maybe some not so great, but it will all be fun nonetheless. Let It Begin!!!!

wingedpineapple

It's not a teaser.
It's a toy commercial in a teaser disguise :v
[move][/move]

Felix Hawthorne

I was thinking it would come out either in February or March to begin with. So that's not too surprising.

LostSanity

Look, I'm glad there's a Season 5. Really. I am.

But why is it taking so long?

I really don't understand why it's taking this long and it's a little ridiculous IMO. Sorry?

:I
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Nov 18, 17:51:33

I really don't understand why it's taking this long and it's a little ridiculous IMO. Sorry?

I think I have an idea as to why it's taking so long.

Judging from the animatic they showed at SDCC, it looks like season 5 is gonna be all about traveling to new places to spread friendship and fix problems that are creating disharmony.

Unfortunately, this means that they have to make these new places. They have to make the assets for these new places. The ground, the backgrounds, the buildings, the layout, figure out where those places generally are in Equestria (the animatic shows them looking at a map), etc.

For some places, they may even have to come up with the culture of that place.

Sadly, it looks like they may only be traveling within Equestria, so we likely won't be seeing the region/country where griffons or zebras come from.

LostSanity

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 18, 20:50:20

Judging from the animatic they showed at SDCC, it looks like season 5 is gonna be all about traveling to new places to spread friendship and fix problems that are creating disharmony.

Unfortunately, this means that they have to make these new places. They have to make the assets for these new places. The ground, the backgrounds, the buildings, the layout, figure out where those places generally are in Equestria (the animatic shows them looking at a map), etc.

Sadly, it looks like they may only be traveling within Equestria, so we likely won't be seeing the region/country where griffons or zebras come from.

That's quite the interesting theory. I'm assuming you're just guessing and you don't have any evidence to support this other than your interpretation of the SDCC animatic?

Also... someone else on another forum told me that the delay is due to Rainbow Rocks.

Anyone here have any comment/thought/dismissal/confirmation on this?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Nov 19, 17:51:07
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 18, 20:50:20

That's quite the interesting theory. I'm assuming you're just guessing and you don't have any evidence to support this other than your interpretation of the SDCC animatic?

Also... someone else on another forum told me that the delay is due to Rainbow Rocks.

Anyone here have any comment/thought/dismissal/confirmation on this?

My guess is from both the animatic and the season 4 finale.

In the season 4 finale, Twilight said that her job as Princess of Friendship is to spread friendship throughout Equestria.
In the animatic...
Spoiler: Stuff from the animatic, so if you don't want to ruin a neat little surprise, don't read. • show
She starts questioning how they're supposed to spread friendship if their castle is in Ponyville.
One by one, the mane six sit on their thrones while they discuss it, and when they're all on their thrones, the cutie mark symbols on the thrones light up. A table rises up from the floor and gains a 3D map of Equestria. A thing made of their cutie marks spinning around each other appears, flies across the map, and hovers over one spot, pretty much telling them where to go.

So, if their castle is equipped with a magical map that tells them exactly where they're needed...

I think it's safe to say that they're going to do some traveling to do the "spreading friendship across Equestria" thing they talked about in the season 4 finale.

Just a note, that's not all that happened in the animatic. It's pretty interesting.

LostSanity

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 19, 21:21:15
My guess is from both the animatic and the season 4 finale.

In the season 4 finale, Twilight said that her job as Princess of Friendship is to spread friendship throughout Equestria.
In the animatic...
Spoiler: Stuff from the animatic, so if you don't want to ruin a neat little surprise, don't read. • show
She starts questioning how they're supposed to spread friendship if their castle is in Ponyville.
One by one, the mane six sit on their thrones while they discuss it, and when they're all on their thrones, the cutie mark symbols on the thrones light up. A table rises up from the floor and gains a 3D map of Equestria. A thing made of their cutie marks spinning around each other appears, flies across the map, and hovers over one spot, pretty much telling them where to go.

So, if their castle is equipped with a magical map that tells them exactly where they're needed...

I think it's safe to say that they're going to do some traveling to do the "spreading friendship across Equestria" thing they talked about in the season 4 finale.

Just a note, that's not all that happened in the animatic. It's pretty interesting.

I guess that makes sense. That really doesn't make the long wait any less ridiculous though. I guess.

Sorry?

Star Feather

Spoiler: Spoiler warning, since it's an animatic of a scene from season 5, probably the season 5 premiere • show

By the way, if you watch/have watched that animatic, we got a little Easter egg relating to it in Rainbow Rocks.
Look at Rarity's throne.

RD: Looks like the most boring place in Equestria!
Le me: Well there is an Alicorn just walking around and talking so... I dont know XD
I definatly have a good signiture. You just cant see it.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Star Feather on 2014 Nov 22, 13:29:22

Look at Rarity's throne.

RD: Looks like the most boring place in Equestria!
Le me: Well there is an Alicorn just walking around and talking so... I dont know XD

I think the thing I like most about that animatic is
that Pinkie was the first one to notice that there was something wrong with the way the ponies were smiling. She's the pony whose talent is all about making ponies smile. She's seen millions of smiles. She knows a weird smile when she sees one.
"I don't like it! I don't like it one bit! Those smiles? They're just not right."

wingedpineapple

Another toy commercial teaser :ajshifty:
[move][/move]

PrincessButton

Ah, so we are going to get at least 6 'teasers' one focusing on each of the mane six.
If only any of them gave us even a glimpse at season 5. . -.

Oh well, I'm excited for Spring! c:
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Mizuki

yay Fluttershy!!

Even though we're not seeing any glimpses of season 5, it does somehow make me excited for it :3

Chishio Kunrin

So, it seems like what they're trying to tell us about season 5 is...

Something huge is coming, and it'll take more than them living up to their elements to solve whatever it is.

wingedpineapple

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 24, 21:26:08
So, it seems like what they're trying to tell us about season 5 is...

Something huge is coming, and it'll take more than them living up to their elements to solve whatever it is.

I want to the next villian be the lord smooze :v

[move][/move]

Buddy Minute

Okay, the first trailer seemed like nothing. All is did was reflect on the last season, and promise "big things were coming," which is meaningless for a commercial. You're supposed to promise that something good is coming.

But with this second one, could they be implying that the group will be challenged throughout the season. That'd be interesting if so. Like, whereas last season was about a box and a castle, will the villian have a more long lasting impact then just a few episodes?

Go Up