Tera Online (Tera Rising)

Started by Mizuki, 2014 Apr 07, 06:29:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mizuki

I only just started playing the game recently, so I'm curious if anyone else plays it too? o.O

For those who don't know, Tera is a (mostly free) MMORPG. It has its own story and a good variety of Races & Classes, but I think their site could tell you way more than I could: http://tera.enmasse.com/

It's taken me a while to get used to it, but so far I'm pretty entertained (or maybe I just have a thing for small characters using swords that are way too big for them)

Here's my character for those curious:

Spoiler: show

Sorry for the low quality, my machine wasn't all that powerful even when it was brand new, and it's nearly 5 years old now...
Also I'm currently on level 10 but I didn't wanna take a pic 'cause I don't like how my armor currently looks

Definitely getting .hack// vibes  :D

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

ManeFlame

I started a character ages ago before it went free to play. Right now I finally got to leveling professions. Uggghhh so much stuff needed.

I went with Popori cause Tera is mean and doesn't have male versions of the little peoples with animal ears/tails.

There's my fat lil archer, Masutot! Who's a good beaver mouse? You are! Yes you are!

Book Smarts

Tried it out for a little bit, but the questing quickly got stale. I think I was a high elf sorcerer, or the class with the floating discs as weapons.

Randam Saiko

I used to play it, but I quit because the rest of my friends got bored of it and quit. Games are more fun with friends.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Ryo_D_Disk

Might have to give it a go at some point then forget I play it uninstall and well the cycle continues

Topaz Moon

2014 Apr 09, 01:14:52 #5 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 21, 00:58:40 by Book Smarts
Tera was a fun game when I played it. I played from beta until the big server merger before it went F2P. When the merger happened, most of my friends were drifting away from the game. Like Random Saiko said, "Games are more fun with friends. " So I quit soon after.

When I played I was Primarily a Elin Priest (Healer). My main alt was an Elin Archer, followed by an Elin Beserker. At the time I quit, I was working on a Human Slayer and a Castanic Guardian, but they were only in the 20's-30's for levels.

Here is a collage pic of the Priest, Archer, and Beserker, taken in Cutthroat Harbor.

Lol, I just realized the game is still installed, taking up space.
Disclaimer: The above post does not necessarily reflect the views of Topaz Moon, subsidiaries, parent companies, or stockholders. In fact, most of them do not think much of Topaz Moon as she is a ditz.
http://i.imgur.com/MGrAWyT.png <-Full size pic of OC | http://i.imgur.com/sz4RiAr.png <-Cutie Mark

Mizuki

2014 Apr 12, 01:03:28 #6 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 21, 00:58:55 by Book Smarts
Quote from: ManeFlame on 2014 Apr 07, 19:30:42
I started a character ages ago before it went free to play. Right now I finally got to leveling professions. Uggghhh so much stuff needed.

I went with Popori cause Tera is mean and doesn't have male versions of the little peoples with animal ears/tails.

There's my fat lil archer, Masutot! Who's a good beaver mouse? You are! Yes you are!

Haha, it's funny you say that. I was originally gonna play a Popori, but changed my mind when I realized there weren't any female Popori. (or girly-sounding voices) so I went with an Elin character instead!

Your character is soooo cute! :3

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2014 Apr 07, 23:02:36
Tried it out for a little bit, but the questing quickly got stale. I think I was a high elf sorcerer, or the class with the floating discs as weapons.

I'm starting to see what you mean. Lately I've been taking on wayyy too many quests so I'm running around so much that I'm getting Dizzy :c I'm glad that they at least give me something to do though. Gotta keep busy!

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Apr 08, 15:22:28
I used to play it, but I quit because the rest of my friends got bored of it and quit. Games are more fun with friends.

Quote from: Topaz Moon on 2014 Apr 09, 01:14:52
Tera was a fun game when I played it. I played from beta until the big server merger before it went F2P. When the merger happened, most of my friends were drifting away from the game. Like Random Saiko said, "Games are more fun with friends. " So I quit soon after.

Ahh I see! It's funny 'cause- while I do know some friends who play the game, I usually end up playing by myself :s I dunno if it's 'cause I'm just too shy to ask my friends to play with me, or if I'm becoming anti-social, or if I just dislike the way the quests are set up. It feels like I can basically solo everything, (and if other people came with, it'd feel like they're either slowing me down or I'm slowing them down) but maybe that's just 'cause I'm still new and haven't fought any "big bosses" yet.

Quote from: Topaz Moon on 2014 Apr 09, 01:14:52
When I played I was Primarily a Elin Priest (Healer). My main alt was an Elin Archer, followed by an Elin Beserker. At the time I quit, I was working on a Human Slayer and a Castanic Guardian, but they were only in the 20's-30's for levels.

Here is a collage pic of the Priest, Archer, and Beserker, taken in Cutthroat Harbor.

Oh wow, cute! :D

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2014 Apr 08, 16:59:00
Might have to give it a go at some point then forget I play it uninstall and well the cycle continues

lol s'alright I know how that is XD

TheNestler

The only thing I liked about Terra was the combat system. The lvling and char systems could learn something from Mabinogi and the quest and social systems could learn something from WOW.

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/

If you just want something light to fool around in Terra is your game but if you want something you can sink 1000+ hours in and still love I'd recommend Mabinogi. Any game you have to read a book about just to play is worth it.
/)•3•(\

Mizuki

Quote from: TheNestler on 2014 Apr 12, 05:39:06
The only thing I liked about Terra was the combat system. The lvling and char systems could learn something from Mabinogi and the quest and social systems could learn something from WOW.

If you just want something light to fool around in Terra is your game but if you want something you can sink 1000+ hours in and still love I'd recommend Mabinogi. Any game you have to read a book about just to play is worth it.

Those are pretty interesting :O

The art for Mabinogi looks quite nice, but I'm not sure I like the 3D models :x also I dunno if I can be THAT dedicated to an MMO (outside of LoE I mean ;D)

WoW I'm sure is good, (it's popular for a reason!) but my only concern is that I would become one of those people whose lives were ruined by that game D: (I...kinda have an addictive personality haha)

Dang there was another game I was gonna ask about but I forgot what it was lol

KireiameJin

2014 Apr 13, 18:37:53 #9 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 13, 18:39:47 by KireiameJin
I used to play, but when i hitted lvl 40 i was so bored of the questing and PVP than i decided it was about time to stop there and do something worth with my life (yeah, still stuck there, but i'm trying  ^-^ )

Anyways,
Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Apr 13, 18:31:43
Quote from: TheNestler on 2014 Apr 12, 05:39:06

Those are pretty interesting :O

The art for Mabinogi looks quite nice, but I'm not sure I like the 3D models :x also I dunno if I can be THAT dedicated to an MMO (outside of LoE I mean ;D)

WoW I'm sure is good, (it's popular for a reason!) but my only concern is that I would become one of those people whose lives were ruined by that game D: (I...kinda have an addictive personality haha)

Dang there was another game I was gonna ask about but I forgot what it was lol

I spent like 4 years on Mabinogi, it was (was being the key word) so cool, i'm a bit hardcore gamer and i found the combat system and the balancing on the mobs pretty ineteresting, you had to party with people for everything... i even had to party to kill some outside town wolves on my first attemp of playing the game XD (so much good old memories of dying and losing my stuff by murdering bears  :D ).

Now they turned it into a pretty average MMO with some japanese fanservice here and there and no challange at all  :c
My deviant, take a look, you lose nothing ^-^

http://kireiamejin.deviantart.com/

Mizuki

Quote from: KireiameJin on 2014 Apr 13, 18:37:53
I spent like 4 years on Mabinogi, it was (was being the key word) so cool, i'm a bit hardcore gamer and i found the combat system and the balancing on the mobs pretty ineteresting, you had to party with people for everything... i even had to party to kill some outside town wolves on my first attemp of playing the game XD (so much good old memories of dying and losing my stuff by murdering bears  :D ).

Now they turned it into a pretty average MMO with some japanese fanservice here and there and no challange at all  :c

Ah I see, if I have to team up with people that often I should probably stay away then >_>;

Then again if there's hardly any challenge now, I'm guessing you're saying that solo-ing is possible?

Again I'm not one of those "I'm too cool to work with others" type of folks, I just like to unwind and escape whenever I log onto an MMO, often enjoying the atmosphere.

I think that's why I play Tera so much, just riding on horseback on long stretches of land is good enough for me :) (I still do quests, but I stop and smell the roses essentially)

KireiameJin

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Apr 14, 02:07:52

Ah I see, if I have to team up with people that often I should probably stay away then >_>;

Then again if there's hardly any challenge now, I'm guessing you're saying that solo-ing is possible?

Again I'm not one of those "I'm too cool to work with others" type of folks, I just like to unwind and escape whenever I log onto an MMO, often enjoying the atmosphere.

I think that's why I play Tera so much, just riding on horseback on long stretches of land is good enough for me :) (I still do quests, but I stop and smell the roses essentially)

Then you should try GW2, you can literally solo the whole thing without having to look for anybody in particular, since the rewards and exp are shared between everyone that hitted the same mob or participated on the same event without partying  ^-^

And yeah, Mabinogi is now pretty much solo-ing possible, they readjusted the whole thing and quests to make it more "Newbie" friendly and allowing people to do things by their own. Not the kind of game i usually like (I'm more of a "party" kind of guy you know  :D ), but you could try if you feel like doing it perfectly  ^-^

Mizuki

Quote from: KireiameJin on 2014 Apr 14, 07:31:26
Then you should try GW2, you can literally solo the whole thing without having to look for anybody in particular, since the rewards and exp are shared between everyone that hitted the same mob or participated on the same event without partying  ^-^

And yeah, Mabinogi is now pretty much solo-ing possible, they readjusted the whole thing and quests to make it more "Newbie" friendly and allowing people to do things by their own. Not the kind of game i usually like (I'm more of a "party" kind of guy you know  :D ), but you could try if you feel like doing it perfectly  ^-^

Ohh I've heard of that! I looked at the images just now and it does look pretty! I might try that some day whenever I'm bored with Tera hehe

Mabinogi's character models still look weird to me, but maybe if I watch some gameplay footage I'll be a bit more hyped for it :D

Partying is pretty fun sometimes! I'm just painfully awkward. I did do pretty well as a party leader in Tera recently though :nod:

KireiameJin

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Apr 14, 21:47:11
Partying is pretty fun sometimes! I'm just painfully awkward. I did do pretty well as a party leader in Tera recently though :nod:

That's the spirit XD, if you ever happen to try out those games, feel free to add me for help or tips  ^-^

DigiThing

To anyone on the Crescent Hills server, Hit me up. my chars name is Soncorie, im a priest, i keep you from dieing XD 

Go Up