Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

I can't find the logic behind why my university of choice doesn't have a mathematics minor for online students...why? What is it about mathematics that can't be done off-campus? I'm told that that mathematics is never a bad choice of minor because almost all white-collar careers require some form of math skills, not to mention the increased logical thinking skills that come with it.

My assumption is that it has to do with the lack of real-time conversation that they feel might make it difficult to grasp the material. That's the only thing I could think of. See, the fact that I can't see the logic in it probably shows that I need it...

Blazie

Ferro_the_King

Quote from: Blazie on 2017 Sep 09, 05:21:26One word.. Work

I can agree on that... Especially now, because my work schedule means I'll have no time to play LoE till next weekend...
Excuse my English, it tends to misbehave...

ednas02

when somebody repeatedly says the same thing over, and over again.

Night Striker

When people just copy-paste stuff repeatedly, idk why that bothers me

While I may not be part of LoE staff, I always try to help others who might have problems in LoE the best I can because I want others to share my enjoyment of the game. ^-^

Want to be in a herd? PM to get more details to join the NLR!

Chromastone64

A very, VERY long time ago (2014), I became really good friends with someone on these forums, StormDancer01. They started to not show up as much, but said they'd be more active in that year's December. I haven't heard from them since, even after messaging them with no reply, and considering something they told me back then, I've been worried sick ever since.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

So...The Crew 2. It's gonna be set in America...again. Why you do this, Ubisoft? A Crew sequel had real potential to open up to rarely-explored places in open world games. I was really hoping for Europe, but I would have been happy with Brazil, Australia, China, Russia, or even Canada. But nope...good old faithful USA again.

I mean, I get it. The reason so many open world games like The Crew are set in America is it's varied landscapes. From deserts, swamps, tundras, mountains, grasslands, deciduous forests, tropical forests, and even jungles if you count Hawaii, we have pretty much any biome you can think of. If you want to make a game lots of varied geography tied together by a single overarching culture, America is the obvious choice. However, that's what they did with The Crew 1. Why even both making a sequel if you aren't going to take the game to new, unexplored lands? Why not just make an expansion to The Crew 1?

Ubisoft, I am disappoint.

Keystar

when pepole fold or crease krispy bills. it's stupid but I really hate having a fresh crisp bill having a crease in it hehe.

Ferro_the_King

When you're found guilty of a car crash just because the guy who hits you is police officer's son...

Eldur

The color lock in LoE. Can't have my colors 'cos it changes the values while I'm trying to type them im >:O

EspiraPhoenix

When a function in an app does absolutely nothing when it's needed. Looking at you "Report" in Discord for iPhone. :l

Silverbeat

When people spell really common words wrong  X3  I'm not talking about just any general spelling mistake, because everypony spells stuff wrong sometimes. Some words you just don't see often, some are just hard to spell, sometimes it's a typo, and of course some have different correct spellings depending on what country you're in (eg. colour/color). But common, easy words that people see and use every day....I don't like seeing them spelled wrong.

...........When you go to say "hi, everybody" to a group of people, and have to stop yourself before you accidentally say "everypony" instead  lol
Hi, I'm Silverbeat! No, not "silver beet", like the vegetable. "Silver" as in the colour, "beat" as in "rhythm". I can assure you that, to the best of my knowledge, I am not edible ^_^
If you see me around, feel free to say "hi" :)

Void92

Quote from: Silverbeat on 2017 Oct 10, 09:29:43...........When you go to say "hi, everybody" to a group of people, and have to stop yourself before you accidentally say "everypony" instead  lol

In real life you mean? I'd like to see people's reaction, when you say to them irl "hi, everypony" instead of everybody hahaha xD
But on topic... Being forced into something, for exmaple to always be online in single player games. It's just meh :D

Ferro_the_King

I wanted to see the MLP movie so badly, but there's no original version in my country and the dubbing is terrible. There was original version in Germany though, 180 km away. So I changed my shifts, got Euros, booked bus tickets, bought tickets to the cinema, did my research including printing maps and writing down necessary German phrases (since I don't speak German) and just a day before departure I got email saying "The Original version was canceled and replaced with dubbed one, due to the lack of interest"!!!

Silverbeat

Quote from: DarkDawn on 2017 Oct 11, 08:34:58In real life you mean? I'd like to see people's reaction, when you say to them irl "hi, everypony" instead of everybody hahaha xD

Yeah, in real life  X3  I've never actually done it, but I've come dangerously close. The most I've ever gotten is an odd look for hesitating slightly between the "every" and the "body", as I take a moment to mentally correct myself. It would be fun to see the reactions though  lol
Hi, I'm Silverbeat! No, not "silver beet", like the vegetable. "Silver" as in the colour, "beat" as in "rhythm". I can assure you that, to the best of my knowledge, I am not edible ^_^
If you see me around, feel free to say "hi" :)

Void92

Quote from: Ferro_the_King on 2017 Oct 12, 20:31:18I wanted to see the MLP movie so badly, but there's no original version in my country and the dubbing is terrible. There was original version in Germany though, 180 km away. So I changed my shifts, got Euros, booked bus tickets, bought tickets to the cinema, did my research including printing maps and writing down necessary German phrases (since I don't speak German) and just a day before departure I got email saying "The Original version was canceled and replaced with dubbed one, due to the lack of interest"!!!

Ouch. Well it sucks, that there's no option to watch it with english voices and substitles or just full english version. I just checked and in my country(poland) it's just dubbing aswell with no other options. Usually i can't stand polish dubbing in games/movies, but there are exceptions of course. In case of my little pony, polish dubbing is well done to be honest :) Just watched MLP movie trailer with polish dubbing and it's good aswell. But i know the feeling, when you're forced to watch/play something without any other options but dubbing only.

Ferro_the_King

DarkDawn: Well, even if the dubbing was well done (And I know it is not, since it is done by the same actors that dubbed the TV version), I am used to original voices. I watched the series in TV once and I wasn't sure which character was speaking...
The movie has some guest stars AND songs, which would be totally ruined by dubbing.

And that's the thing that annoys me the most: Dubbed songs!

Void92

Maybe it's not the best idea to compare game and movie. But it reminds me of Skyrim, in dubbed polish version songs are so terrible and awful, that my ears are bleeding. Not sure about other languages, but polish is soooo BAD in Skyrim. Original ones are way superior... I'm so glad you can switch to full english.

Ferro_the_King

Quote from: DarkDawn on 2017 Oct 14, 07:01:22...songs are so terrible and awful, that my ears are bleeding...

Try this one:
(You'll play your part)
And it's not only the voices, it's also the lyrics. In English version the lyrics are smooth, not far from the way characters normally speak. In Czech version it sounds more like it's some 15th century bard singing. So far away from the normal language and word order...

Void92

Just watched it and then english one. And you're right, i can understand now why you dislike dubbed songs. It's without comparison.

Go Up