Newest Episodes(Season 3, Episode 13(1080p!))!

Started by Nameless, 2012 Mar 19, 17:54:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Iodine

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Feb 17, 01:18:50

They weren't the only ones whose cutie marks changed:
Spoiler: show

That's actually a different pony than Dr. Hooves, although usually he has wings. He's called Cresent Pony in the Gameloft App, and apparently he's the keeper of the Wonderbolt's place.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Iodine on 2013 Feb 17, 03:10:26

That's actually a different pony than Dr. Hooves, although usually he has wings. He's called Cresent Pony in the Gameloft App, and apparently he's the keeper of the Wonderbolt's place.

Crescent Pony.
Creative.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Jenzy

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Feb 17, 04:31:20

Crescent Pony.
Creative.

It's like when Doughnut Joe used to be Pony Joe...

Sotha

2013 Feb 17, 05:09:24 #843 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 17, 05:39:28 by Sotha
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Feb 16, 13:42:27
Okay. All I do is post , and this happens?
I have only one reaction.

Hahahaha! I can't believe you fell for it! Ever since I heard about alicorn Twilight I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I just thought i'd have a little fun , and trick you all into thinking I actually left.

Just because a character is O.P doesn't kill the show for me. In fact it's a bit insulting you guys thought I had those reasons  ^-^ .

I don't like her being an alicorn that much , and I wonder how they are going with it , but you guys actually thought it was enough to make me leave? I LOVED this episode. I was going to wait a little while before I actually told you , but me , and Jenzy had a conversation on skype that made me feel bad for tricking you guys.
I never really left the herd!

Also Night I actually really want to be the next Lary.

I agree there needs to be an origin episode.

Oh, you!

I'll get back to this once I've read the next four pages. There we go.

Quote from: Darckwar on 2013 Feb 17, 01:10:42
That part were Twilight got hit with the magic and went to the other place, I don't think others will see it this way but honestly to me, it? felt like twilight died here, blotted out by a backlash of the magic used to heal her friends... On entering the astral plane she was met by her angel, her goddess... who walked her though her life and all the good she's done... ending with her being reborn, brought back to life as an Alicorn.

I get the feeling that she's basically Jesus. That is only half in jest. Many stories can easily be taken as such allegories; it is a common theme in storytelling.
But really, religious overtones.

I really like the whole astral plane thing. Celestia is amazing. The whole slideshow thing was a bit odd as far as flashbacks through life go. It's almost as though Twilight was brought out of the program. Haha.

Of course the episode would have been much better as a two parter (and I would have loved more things happening between the conflict's intro and resolution), but I think it felt relatively unrushed all things considered. I think they did a very good job with what they were given. The two major transitions (namely the song "I've Got to Find a Friend", and the whole Celestia interlude (looooove her song) did a good job of breaking the pace, and keeping the rush from feeling jarring (think of the Fluttershy Hulk moment in Putting Your Hoof Down. Jarring).

Yes, there were a lot of songs! But I liked them. They've been better than typical of this season (think 'Babs Seed' and 'Raise this Barn"). They were catchy, not overly repetitive, had pretty good emotional content. I don't mind the songs, as long as they fit, and I at least feel they do.
May you walk on warm sands.

Night Pony

Also unicorns manipulating the weather is now cannon!  :nod:

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Little Judas

2013 Feb 17, 06:39:29 #845 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 17, 06:44:12 by Little Judas

Major Mare, the Sofa and Quill seller, Cherry Berry, Horte Cuisine, Daisy, ...

Just to name a few whose CM didn't change, I know Larson couldn't have changed everyone's CM because that would have been impossible for Twilight to have fixed. But still, it leaves unanswered questions.

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Feb 17, 06:19:59

The Great an Powerful Trixie would like to have a word with you.

Afterwards Twilight even controlled the wind.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Feb 17, 05:05:12
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Feb 17, 04:31:20

Crescent Pony.
Creative.

It's like when Doughnut Joe used to be Pony Joe...

Yeah, true. And Doughnut Joe makes more sense anyway. Joe = A slang term for coffee. I think his donut shop is shaped like a cup of coffee with a donut in it.

Dawnstar

Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 Feb 17, 06:39:29
Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Feb 17, 06:19:59

The Great an Powerful Trixie would like to have a word with you.

Afterwards Twilight even controlled the wind.

I think large-scale weather manipulation was implied seeing as unicorn magic is usually pretty basic with the exception of the unicorn's special talent. Hence why Trixies lightning cloud was so small on both occasions as all her magic is more flair and flash than practical. And while twilight manipulated the wind later in the episode it was for a specific magical effect (magic being her talent) and in Winter Wrap Up she was unable to assist with clearing the clouds. So in Twilight's case any potential weather manipulation would be more of a side-effect of her talent rather than a feature of her talent.

It wouldn't surprise me however if there were indeed unicorns who's special talent involved weather control similar to that of a pegasus. After all, fluttershy is a pegasus and yet she posesses an ability that would more commonly belong to an earth pony instead. Plus, I must point out that Rarity was doing a very poor job as well given that, while her cutie mark said one thing, it was not what she was actually meant to do as shown by the quilted pattern of clouds and the random weather fall from each one.

Book Smarts

Unicorns could control the weather, but not with the accuracy of a pegasus, they can't fly up to push a cloud, they have use their magic at ground level.

Hedat

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Feb 17, 13:47:28
Unicorns could control the weather, but not with the accuracy of a pegasus, they can't fly up to push a cloud, they have use their magic at ground level.

Oh thats why Rarity could place so many clouds with such accuracy.

Didn't liked last episode. Its feels out of place, has no point and rise too many questions (for me at least). Welp its show for another auditory now.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Hedat on 2013 Feb 17, 14:07:02

Didn't liked last episode. Its feels out of place, has no point and rise too many questions (for me at least). Welp its show for another auditory now.
[spoiler]

I meant accuracy as in doing the weather right, sorry

Dawnstar

I'm sure a unicorn who's special talent is moving clouds, or causing rain would be able to do so just as well as a pegasus. However, the thing about pegasi is weather manipulation is a general innate ability that covers all forms of weather. While a unicorn with a matching talent could likely perform a single weather task just as well as a pegasus, even from the ground, they still wouldn't be able to do other forms of weather quite as well if at all.

Iodine

2013 Feb 17, 18:45:25 #852 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 17, 19:18:06 by Iodine
Actually it was just Twilight's 5 friends who had changed cutiemarks because the spell switched around the Elements of Harmony. I'm not even sure what the spell was actually meant to do, maybe I'll have to watch it again.

Edit: After watching it a second time, it makes a lot more sense now. The spell was supposed to fullfill a pony's destiny through others. Since Starswirl didn't understand this had to be accomplished through friendship, it ended up switching the others destinies around instead. Harmony was not woven into the spell to make it work correctly.

Little Judas

Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Zbizo

One song sounded very familiar to me "I've Got to Find a Way"
especially when she sung "oh why", I've heard it somewhere
anyone has idea on what Daniel Ingram based?

Morning in Ponyville before she started singing was familiar too, not sure where I heard this melody before, but I'm thinking of first part of "alvin and the chipmunks" movie

A true, true friend has similiar sounds like one song sung in my church during religion confirmation(I have no idea how to translate it) especially in "to see the light" part

ShadowHeart

When I saw season 3, ep. 13, and the part came where Twilight was in that void of starts with Princess Celestia, I was all like: "Welcome to the Twilight Zone!" Lol, get it?

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

videogamehunter

I really didn't care for this episode. To me it felt they rush it. I like the fact the they all except for Twilight had each other cutie mark, but this problem was resolve way too quickly.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: videogamehunter on 2013 Feb 18, 00:45:23
I really didn't care for this episode. To me it felt they rush it. I like the fact the they all except for Twilight had each other cutie mark, but this problem was resolve way too quickly.

I have to agree that it felt extremely rushed, and while I loved "Morning in Ponyville" it just didn't feel like something to start the episode with...but overall I really liked this episode.  For all the panic and fear that was going around, I tried to stay calm about "Princess Twilight", and you know what?  It was executed brilliantly.  If they had to make Twi a princess, that was the way to do it.

I found myself liking all the songs in this episode, namely "True True Friend" and "Celestia's Ballad".  "True True Friend" seems to take the very essence of this entire series and condense it into a three minute song, with the massive chorus that made me love Winter Wrap Up so much.  By far it is my new favorite song, and in my opinion the most defining moment of FIM.

Lastly, I can't help but imagine Lauren Faust singing "Celestia's Ballad" to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as a whole.  While it was a good series when she was at the helm, ever since she stepped down, much like Celestia has done with Twilight, it's blossomed and grown into something absolutely marvelous, and that the end of season 3 is, I pray, just the beginning.  To Equestria, to friendship, and to every Brony across the globe!

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Feb 18, 06:38:51 #858 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 18, 09:45:47 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Hedat on 2013 Feb 17, 14:07:02

The episode did have a point:
Turn the main character into a princess, so Hasbro can sell a princess toy that even more little girls will love than Celestia, Luna, and Cadence. The audience has gotten to know Twilight more than they have the other three princesses, thus the child part of the audience would be more attracted to a princess toy of her.

Hasbro logic: Princesses sell because every little girl in the world wants to be a pretty princess.

Well... my cousin's daughter will love it. :\ Now I know what to get her for Christmas this year.

But yeah, that episode is pretty much Hasbro, with the show's developers putting a story to it and giving us lovely songs and visuals.

Oh look, that Lyra moment that I mentioned:

Night Pony

Twilight is the princess of friendship is magic.  B) Wait..what?  o.O

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Go Up