Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Jan 18, 19:38:59

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Blues-Music

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jan 22, 15:20:37
Quote from: Perteks on 2013 Jan 22, 07:48:15
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jan 20, 12:31:09
Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jan 20, 12:25:05
I am still intrigued on how you all decided that Alicorns have earth pony abilities.
It has been said multiple times that alicorns have all three races abilities by creators of the show. Besides in the mythology that originated alicorns  to have the power of all of its counterparts. Sadly i'm to lazy to find the source for you , but it is true. The counterparts consist of unicorns , and pegasi , and horses. The unicorns , and pegasi were know to have less physical strength than that of horses.

EDIT: Okay so I found a toy in my local shop , and it seems that it is an official hasbro product. It's called princess Skyla which is a baby princess doll. Luckily I found a meme with the picture.
Spoiler: show

The changelings are returning? o.O

I kind of hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Poof vs Foop episode of Fairly Oddparents. Y'know, good baby fairy Poof vs evil baby anti-fairy Foop.

I hope its a lion king 2 style.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jan 22, 15:22:00
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jan 22, 15:20:37
Quote from: Perteks on 2013 Jan 22, 07:48:15
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jan 20, 12:31:09
Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jan 20, 12:25:05
I am still intrigued on how you all decided that Alicorns have earth pony abilities.
It has been said multiple times that alicorns have all three races abilities by creators of the show. Besides in the mythology that originated alicorns  to have the power of all of its counterparts. Sadly i'm to lazy to find the source for you , but it is true. The counterparts consist of unicorns , and pegasi , and horses. The unicorns , and pegasi were know to have less physical strength than that of horses.

EDIT: Okay so I found a toy in my local shop , and it seems that it is an official hasbro product. It's called princess Skyla which is a baby princess doll. Luckily I found a meme with the picture.

The changelings are returning? o.O

I kind of hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Poof vs Foop episode of Fairly Oddparents. Y'know, good baby fairy Poof vs evil baby anti-fairy Foop.

I hope its a lion king 2 style.

O:
YES! That would be incredible!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

Lion king 2 would be amazing but Is that changeling picture real? it sort of says photoshop on the caption and some dude from deviant art.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2013 Jan 22, 15:26:14
Lion king 2 would be amazing but Is that changeling picture real? it sort of says photoshop on the caption and some dude from deviant art.

This is what I get for not reading a picture and assuming it just says what site posted the photo. :x

ComputerDeathglare

By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Midnight Star

It has already been blatantly stated that Twilight is a special unicorn in soo many ways, and that Celestia knows that. She was entrusted with re-uniting the elements, she's Celestia's personal student, her special talent IS magic as a whole, not just a branch of it, she can copy spells after having just seen them and lastly, but most importantly, to me, in the opening of season 3, where Celestia is explaining the test, Twilight's cutiemark, which also happens to be the mark of magic, is shown glowing behind her, similar to Celestia and Luna's marks of Sung and Moon. Oh, one more thing, Lune conjures a book with the mark of Magic at the end of part two.

I'm guessing, they are using Twilight to study magic, since Twilight seems to be the embodiment of magic itself. Should this happen that she suddenly
spawned wings, and thus became an alicorn, even temporarily
I don't see her gained more power, as she is already really high up there. Having another ability
in this case, to fly
doesn't make her on par with Celestia. I do hope, that if it happens, it's only temporarily, as it would obstruct the balance of races between the six elements, but I don't understand why it would make her "overpowered" or anything like that.. Just my two bits, though..

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Jan 23, 01:09:55

Now that I get a closer look at her tiara, I see a heart, but also a crescent moon. wat.
And she's so... pink. :x Pinker than Cadence.

Quote from: Midnight Star on 2013 Jan 23, 05:01:33
It has already been blatantly stated that Twilight is a special unicorn in soo many ways, and that Celestia knows that. She was entrusted with re-uniting the elements, she's Celestia's personal student, her special talent IS magic as a whole, not just a branch of it, she can copy spells after having just seen them and lastly, but most importantly, to me, in the opening of season 3, where Celestia is explaining the test, Twilight's cutiemark, which also happens to be the mark of magic, is shown glowing behind her, similar to Celestia and Luna's marks of Sung and Moon. Oh, one more thing, Lune conjures a book with the mark of Magic at the end of part two.

I'm guessing, they are using Twilight to study magic, since Twilight seems to be the embodiment of magic itself. Should this happen that she suddenly
I don't see her gained more power, as she is already really high up there. Having another ability
in this case, to fly
doesn't make her on par with Celestia. I do hope, that if it happens, it's only temporarily, as it would obstruct the balance of races between the six elements, but I don't understand why it would make her "overpowered" or anything like that.. Just my two bits, though..

That's actually a pretty interesting theory. I never tried to get a closer look at the book that Luna brought out.
I don't think Twilight will get wings, though, no matter what the case, especially considering the spoiler that Hasbro's toy department just put on the shelves. (ComputerDeathGlare posted a picture of what the toy is of/about.)

ComputerDeathglare

I saw her in the store today, and played with it.

She has moons and stars all over her...

At one point there was a theory LUNA was Cadence's mother. What if Skyla is Cadence's sister, and they are Luna's kids?

I know, I hate it, too.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Jan 23, 19:56:04
I saw her in the store today, and played with it.

She has moons and stars all over her...

At one point there was a theory LUNA was Cadence's mother. What if Skyla is Cadence's sister, and they are Luna's kids?

I know, I hate it, too.

:I
I.. I...
We'll have to wait to see, I guess. >.<

IcyFlight

Umm... I found something on MLP wiki:
Spoiler: SPOILERH • show
This is a pic you actually see right after going here...
Here it is and I found out that THIS is the ep that was called "Princess coronaton"... FAIL MEH lol
Hello ;3 Check these links out ;3
My DeviantArt page My OC page

Weatherboy1

I don't usually brag, but CALLED IT!

Blues-Music

in this case, to fly
You need to re think the meaning of overpowered.
Twilight without wings is way over powered already , and giving her another over the top ability is too much. Also I hate it when people say "She deserves it because she is powerful" No that is 100% wrong. In character design you want to stray away from maximum power as much as you can unless we are dealing with a dragon ball Z type of show. Being loyal , kind , and "Perfect for the job" does not make it an okay thing! An alicorn that doesn't have the magical powers of Twilight by itself is over powered , and against the lore. An alicorn Twilight no matter how bad her wings are will be the most over powered thing in history. In fact I bet she would be stronger than the king darksoul O.C Anya made for laughs.

I have no idea why everyone is in denial. I'm pretty sure this is temporary , but i'm speaking on the slight chance of it being a permanent change.

You have to draw the line somewhere. Wake up about to watch the show , and ask yourself "What changes , and new introductions am I willing to put up with today?". I am sure if the cast decided to kill a pony off people would still say "It's alright." like how everyone is doing about the alicorn thing. This isn't anime. You shouldn't accept drastic changes in kids shows. If it was an 18 + anime sure let the writers go wild killing off , and powering up everyone they find.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jan 30, 09:03:18

I'm guessing, they are using Twilight to study magic, since Twilight seems to be the embodiment of magic itself. Should this happen that she suddenly [spoiler]spawned wings, and thus became an alicorn, even temporarily
in this case, to fly
You need to re think the meaning of overpowered.
Twilight without wings is way over powered already , and giving her another over the top ability is too much. Also I hate it when people say "She deserves it because she is powerful" No that is 100% wrong. In character design you want to stray away from maximum power as much as you can unless we are dealing with a dragon ball Z type of show. Being loyal , kind , and "Perfect for the job" does not make it an okay thing! An alicorn that doesn't have the magical powers of Twilight by itself is over powered , and against the lore. An alicorn Twilight no matter how bad her wings are will be the most over powered thing in history. In fact I bet she would be stronger than the king darksoul O.C Anya made for laughs.

I have no idea why everyone is in denial. I'm pretty sure this is temporary , but i'm speaking on the slight chance of it being a permanent change.

You have to draw the line somewhere. Wake up about to watch the show , and ask yourself "What changes , and new introductions am I willing to put up with today?". I am sure if the cast decided to kill a pony off people would still say "It's alright." like how everyone is doing about the alicorn thing. This isn't anime. You shouldn't accept drastic changes in kids shows. If it was an 18 + anime sure let the writers go wild killing off , and powering up everyone they find.[/spoiler]
[/quote]
... Even if it was an anime, I would have a line drawn. One of the things I dislike about Bleach is how many massive power upgrades Ichigo has gotten (in the manga), pulling an insane amount of power out of, er... who knows where. I got tired of it, to be honest.

So, sometimes, I don't like when the main character has unimaginable power and becomes overpowered/superpowered for the sole reason that he/she is the main character. No other reason, but being the main character. Just because.

There's a good amount that I can tolerate, but I'm not sure how the show's writers would be able to have alicorn Twilight not cross the line. I'm just waiting to see what they're really gonna do with this.

bleyd

come on Twilight only drink this

Night Pony

Cobalt ZERO

ok night pony that made me  lol lol lol lol lol lol

[spoiler]also i dont see what the big deal is with the whole twilight being an alicorn situation.. if they do it then fine..i honestly dont care..i mean it would be cool cause the show has a huge lack of alicorns and alicorns happen to be my fave pony race..cause i cant decide between unicorn or pegasus  ovO ..quite frankly i think its a huge hoax but we shall see.
SPEAKETH WITH THE ROYAL CAPSLOCK!

videogamehunter

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jan 30, 12:51:21
Quote from: bleyd on 2013 Jan 30, 12:49:22
come on Twilight only drink this

I saw that comic not too long ago and it still hilarious.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Cobalt ZERO on 2013 Feb 02, 16:38:54

[spoiler]also i dont see what the big deal is with the whole twilight being an alicorn situation.. if they do it then fine..i honestly dont care..i mean it would be cool cause the show has a huge lack of alicorns and alicorns happen to be my fave pony race..cause i cant decide between unicorn or pegasus  ovO ..quite frankly i think its a huge hoax but we shall see.

Alicorns are supposed to be rare, so I don't want there to be too many alicorns in the show. However, they look pretty cool and fun to draw.

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Feb 02, 23:13:52
Quote from: Cobalt ZERO on 2013 Feb 02, 16:38:54

Alicorns are supposed to be rare, so I don't want there to be too many alicorns in the show. However, they look pretty cool and fun to draw.

Did you read the post on EQD about the alicorns and Twilight? We barely know anything about alicorns but that doesn't mean they're powerful,rare and godlike.
Like Zecora is the only zebra we've seen and from her to conclude that every zebra speaks in rhymes,has voodoo magic and they are rare because only 1 has visited.  :P

Go Up