Disneyland, ya!(wait...no!)

Started by Ahri, 2014 Sep 27, 03:36:11

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ahri

I went to Disneyland today to renew my annual passes, 3 in the past 4 years, last we didn't go.

Anyway.... For the people who live in the US especially Cali like me you know it is expensive. Cannot forget about Florida.

My mom and I  used to get the poor passes since it is so expensive which was about $240 last year which is now like 290 lol.

I told her we should upgrade this year and she keep saying it is stupid. I said it would just be being spent on my computer so nothing better :P

Anyway this is my point:
Spoiler: show

2 pieces of plastic,

Less  payment means I used cash, I had to borrow money since I was like $18 short of the $1200 since I just purchased my custom pony body pillow :/

I was really mad it doesn't say "premium" on it  D:
But I get bigger discounts >:/

Oh god and the worst part was we had some horrible lady who took 20 minutes to do it who had no idea what she was doing and was asking a extra $100!

I said....700+500=1200?

Oh yeah.... You're right...

She had to bring the manager and all that.

But what I didn't understand is she was old, so  I expected her to know what she is doing.
please don't attempt to message me, I don't want to be anyone's friend on here.

Midnight Breeze

Maybe it's just my rural-born mind that sees Disneyland as a vacation thing rather than a weekend hangout, but I can't see anyone going often enough to make those prices worth it. Disregarding food and merchandise discounts, that price would be equivalent to going once a month without a pass, seeing as 1-day tickets are only $95 dollars per adult.

Can anyone go to Disneyland that often? I mean, you can only go so many times before it gets stale.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 27, 03:53:07
Maybe it's just my rural-born mind that sees Disneyland as a vacation thing rather than a weekend hangout, but I can't see anyone going often enough to make those prices worth it. Disregarding food and merchandise discounts, that price would be equivalent to going once a month without a pass, seeing as 1-day tickets are only $95 dollars per adult.

Can anyone go to Disneyland that often? I mean, you can only go so many times before it gets stale.

I don't know anything about Disneyland since I've never been there, and I don't know the differences between Disneyland and Disney World, buuuut... Disney World is pretty huge, so if you want to fully experience all four parks and Downtown Disney to the very last thing, it takes quite a while.

I've been to Disney World twice.

The first time we went, we flew there (My first time flying!! :D), and we stayed in a really small hotel, for a few days, for Christmas vacation. We ended up having to buy *coughoverpricedcough* jackets because we didn't know that Florida gets such cold wind in the winter. We thought it'd be nice and warm, so we didn't bring jackets. And let me tell you, going to Disney World during Christmas vacation is a bad idea. Once it gets closer to Christmas itself, the whole place gets packed.

The second time we went, we drove there (We crossed multiple states. Quite a road trip), and we stayed in a hotel on the boardwalk. Our room was like an apartment. ovO It had a living room, a kitchen, a bedroom, a nice bathroom with both a shower and a tub that doubles as a hot tub, and two balconies! :3 I loved it. We also got this prepaid meal thing where we each got a card, and each card would pay for a certain number of full meals, a certain number of drinks (I think), and a certain number of snacks.

I remember toward the end of our vacation, the adults (I went with not only my parents, but their friends' families as well) were telling us all to get more and more ice cream and popsicles to use up our snack allowance so we wouldn't be wasting money. :D It was summer, so the ice cream and popsicles were pretty refreshing. What wasn't refreshing was the rain. Why call it "The Sunshine State," when it gets so rainy in the summer? One day, my dad didn't feel like going out, and my knees were bothering me, so we stayed in the hotel. There ended up being such a downpour that they shut down the ferries and, I think, the shuttles, and everyone rushed back to the hotel. Guess my arthritis saved me from getting soaked. :]

I believe that was the first time we went to the Downtown Disney area. You know, this place:

Super long street with tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment places. We even ate at a seafood restaurant, and our waiter had a really interesting mix of accents. I can't remember what countries he said he had been to growing up, though.

I'd love to go again, now that I'm 21, but much like Disneyland, it's horribly expensive, and we're definitely not in the right financial state to go. :\ Also, I wanna go back to Epcot and see if there's anywhere in the Japan section where they sell actual ramen because I vaguely remember that actually being a thing. I want it. I really, really want it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ahri

2014 Sep 27, 05:15:59 #3 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 27, 07:08:33 by Chishio Kunrin

dang.... I keep looking and looking but I couldn't find the posts where someone said I have been 40 times in a year and another one said I went every week or something.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 27, 05:08:42

I don't know anything about Disneyland since I've never been there, and I don't know the differences between Disneyland and Disney World, buuuut... Disney World is pretty huge, so if you want to fully experience all four parks and Downtown Disney to the very last thing, it takes quite a while.

I've been to Disney World twice.

The first time we went, we flew there (My first time flying!! :D), and we stayed in a really small hotel, for a few days, for Christmas vacation. We ended up having to buy *coughoverpricedcough* jackets because we didn't know that Florida gets such cold wind in the winter. We thought it'd be nice and warm, so we didn't bring jackets. And let me tell you, going to Disney World during Christmas vacation is a bad idea. Once it gets closer to Christmas itself, the whole place gets packed.

The second time we went, we drove there (We crossed multiple states. Quite a road trip), and we stayed in a hotel on the boardwalk. Our room was like an apartment. ovO It had a living room, a kitchen, a bedroom, a nice bathroom with both a shower and a tub that doubles as a hot tub, and two balconies! :3 I loved it. We also got this prepaid meal thing where we each got a card, and each card would pay for a certain number of full meals, a certain number of drinks (I think), and a certain number of snacks.

I remember toward the end of our vacation, the adults (I went with not only my parents, but their friends' families as well) were telling us all to get more and more ice cream and popsicles to use up our snack allowance so we wouldn't be wasting money. :D It was summer, so the ice cream and popsicles were pretty refreshing. What wasn't refreshing was the rain. Why call it "The Sunshine State," when it gets so rainy in the summer? One day, my dad didn't feel like going out, and my knees were bothering me, so we stayed in the hotel. There ended up being such a downpour that they shut down the ferries and, I think, the shuttles, and everyone rushed back to the hotel. Guess my arthritis saved me from getting soaked. :]

I believe that was the first time we went to the Downtown Disney area. You know, this place:

Super long street with tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment places. We even ate at a seafood restaurant, and our waiter had a really interesting mix of accents. I can't remember what countries he said he had been to growing up, though.

I'd love to go again, now that I'm 21, but much like Disneyland, it's horribly expensive, and we're definitely not in the right financial state to go. :\ Also, I wanna go back to Epcot and see if there's anywhere in the Japan section where they sell actual ramen because I vaguely remember that actually being a thing. I want it. I really, really want it.

Disneyworld is even worse, the annual passes cost more then they do here.

And we have California adventure which I love

GreenTab

I was checking a few pics, must be really fun there coz i wouldn't pay a penny to be surrounded by that amount of ppl, i mean it's too much  :o

Ahri

Quote from: GreenTab on 2014 Sep 27, 06:52:16
I was checking a few pics, must be really fun there coz i wouldn't pay a penny to be surrounded by that amount of ppl, i mean it's too much  :o

Why? I love crowds of people. You can't really go anywhere without some sort of crowd

And what amusement park has only a few hundred people in it?

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Ahri on 2014 Sep 27, 05:15:59
dang.... I keep looking and looking but I couldn't find the posts where someone said I have been 40 times in a year and another one said I went every week or something.

Well dang dude, if you go every week then $1200 a year is only like $20 a week. You're saving like 80% per visit plus discounts.

Ahri

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 27, 07:12:34
Quote from: Ahri on 2014 Sep 27, 05:15:59

Well dang dude, if you go every week then $1200 a year is only like $20 a week. You're saving like 80% per visit plus discounts.

Well I cannot drive so I cannot and I wouldn't go by myself do it wouldn't matter but I would need to go about 6 times because parking is 17 and it comes with mine

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Sep 27, 07:41:33 #8 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 27, 07:47:04 by Chishio Kunrin

As expensive as it is, it's super fun! :3 At least, Disney World is, since that's the only Disney amusement... place (since it's a collection of 4 amusement parks parks, 2 water parks, and 1 really long street of shopping, dining, and entertainment) that I have any real knowledge about. And sure, the merchandise is a bit... pricy... X3 That's why you have to try to be selective about what souvenirs you want, if any.

One of my favorite parks at DW is Epcot, since it's dedicated to various countries, and I love to check out different countries and cultures. One of the best part about the countries section of Epcot is that the different country sections tend to have restaurants that are all about eating food from those countries. I don't know if it's still there or not, but when I went, there was a lesser-known building that you could go into if you turned right as soon as you walked into the park. This building had Coca Cola products from around the world, and there was even a soda fountain where you could sample the different Coke sodas that are available in other countries! Some people like to mix different drinks at that fountain to see if they can come up with something that tastes good.
There aren't really any rides in Epcot. It's more so where you go for some cultural experiences, as well as restaurants. If you get a craving for Chinese food, they've got Chinese. Mexican? They've got Mexican! German? You bet they have German! Mmmm, bratwurst... =P Japanese, Italian, French, Moroccan, apparently English. Lots of places to choose from.

Animal Kingdom - If you love animals, it's a pretty good place to go. It's pretty much like an absolutely enormous zoo that has various attractions, a roller coaster, and of course, restaurants.

Magic Kingdom is the place most people think of when they hear "Disney World" since it's a much more Disney-related park that is actually a full-on amusement park. Tons of rides, souvenir shops, restaurants, and other types of attractions. It also has Cinderella Castle, which you can actually schedule to eat a meal in. We did that once. It was really fun. Some of the Disney princesses kissed my parents' friends' son on his cheeks and forehead. :P He was just a kid at the time, so it was adorable.

Oh yeah, and an activity that a lot of families participate in is trying to find the Disney characters (employees who dress as the characters. They're hired to stay in character and be super friendly) and get their autographs for the kids and even pose for a photo.
I wouldn't mind getting an autograph from Peter Pan. I've heard stories of his beautiful kindness toward children and troubled teens alike. ^-^

There's also MGM Studios, which is themed around the movie magic of Disney. It also has rides, and there's also a Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground. They put on a whoooole lot of various shows at MGM, including a stunt show, so it's pretty cool. And of course, restaurants. Gotta have that convenience. You don't wanna need to leave the park and travel somewhere else to eat.

And as I've mentioned before, Downtown Disney is a super long street filled with restaurants, stores (including a Lego store and a candy store! O:), and entertainment places.
As for the water parks, I've never been to either of them. I'm not a good swimmer anyway.

Basically, the allure of Disney World, despite how expensive it is, is that
1. It's huuuuuge! There's so much to do!
2. It has variety, so if you want a vacation that's not going to be just one thing like just a water park or just one amusement park or something, it's a good place to go.
3. It has stuff that the entire family can have fun with.

It's also fairly easy to travel between parks because they have a monorail that travels from park to park. The monorail is fun.~ And wow, I've typed a lot. :o Sorry, Disney World is just so awesome.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

GreenTab

Quote from: Ahri on 2014 Sep 27, 06:59:56

Why? I love crowds of people. You can't really go anywhere without some sort of crowd

And what amusement park has only a few hundred people in it?

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 27, 07:41:33

2. It has variety, so if you want a vacation that's not going to be just one thing like just a water park or just one amusement park or something, it's a good place to go.

It's also fairly easy to travel between parks because they have a monorail that travels from park to park. The monorail is fun.~ And wow, I've typed a lot. :o Sorry, Disney World is just so awesome.

Never actually made it to any park, my 3 cousins tried to take me once and i just waited for them in the car X3 but it sounds fun, specially the water thing and Epcot coz the japanese food... I always wondered how it would taste a puffer fish

Ahri

2014 Sep 27, 20:32:03 #10 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 27, 23:53:27 by Ahri
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 27, 07:41:33

As expensive as it is, it's super fun! :3 At least, Disney World is, since that's the only Disney amusement... place (since it's a collection of 4 amusement parks parks, 2 water parks, and 1 really long street of shopping, dining, and entertainment) that I have any real knowledge about. And sure, the merchandise is a bit... pricy... X3 That's why you have to try to be selective about what souvenirs you want, if any.

One of my favorite parks at DW is Epcot, since it's dedicated to various countries, and I love to check out different countries and cultures. One of the best part about the countries section of Epcot is that the different country sections tend to have restaurants that are all about eating food from those countries. I don't know if it's still there or not, but when I went, there was a lesser-known building that you could go into if you turned right as soon as you walked into the park. This building had Coca Cola products from around the world, and there was even a soda fountain where you could sample the different Coke sodas that are available in other countries! Some people like to mix different drinks at that fountain to see if they can come up with something that tastes good.
There aren't really any rides in Epcot. It's more so where you go for some cultural experiences, as well as restaurants. If you get a craving for Chinese food, they've got Chinese. Mexican? They've got Mexican! German? You bet they have German! Mmmm, bratwurst... =P Japanese, Italian, French, Moroccan, apparently English. Lots of places to choose from.

Animal Kingdom - If you love animals, it's a pretty good place to go. It's pretty much like an absolutely enormous zoo that has various attractions, a roller coaster, and of course, restaurants.

Magic Kingdom is the place most people think of when they hear "Disney World" since it's a much more Disney-related park that is actually a full-on amusement park. Tons of rides, souvenir shops, restaurants, and other types of attractions. It also has Cinderella Castle, which you can actually schedule to eat a meal in. We did that once. It was really fun. Some of the Disney princesses kissed my parents' friends' son on his cheeks and forehead. :P He was just a kid at the time, so it was adorable.

Oh yeah, and an activity that a lot of families participate in is trying to find the Disney characters (employees who dress as the characters. They're hired to stay in character and be super friendly) and get their autographs for the kids and even pose for a photo.
I wouldn't mind getting an autograph from Peter Pan. I've heard stories of his beautiful kindness toward children and troubled teens alike. ^-^

There's also MGM Studios, which is themed around the movie magic of Disney. It also has rides, and there's also a Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground. They put on a whoooole lot of various shows at MGM, including a stunt show, so it's pretty cool. And of course, restaurants. Gotta have that convenience. You don't wanna need to leave the park and travel somewhere else to eat.

And as I've mentioned before, Downtown Disney is a super long street filled with restaurants, stores (including a Lego store and a candy store! O:), and entertainment places.
As for the water parks, I've never been to either of them. I'm not a good swimmer anyway.

Yeah dressing up in huge Mickey mouse costumes is great when it's 100 degrees out here.

I'm pretty sure the parks are almost identical. Down town Disney is here as well with the Lego place, a movie theater for some reason, rain forest café(bad food but you go for the atmosphere not food) more Disney stores clothing shops, espn some etc.
I just found out that you get a discount in down town Disney.

I bought tons of pins but stopped

Go Up