(3DS) Monster Hunter Generations

Started by Rikaria, 2016 Jul 14, 00:04:23

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

The next installment in the series, Monster Hunter Generations combines the past with the present... literally. It also adds new ways to hunt monsters via four different styles. You can even play as a Prowler (Palicoes--cat-like creatures--that you can take full control of unlike the ones in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate). If you have any system in the 3DS family (even a 2DS), you can check out its demo in the Nintendo eShop right now.

With that out of the way... Anyone else getting the full game?
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Chromastone64

Got it now :) Sadly, I know from last time we can't mention some of the weapons in the game.
Already loving the Mizutsune :)
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Rikaria

I've actually been trying to do every single quest as I come across them (even including the non-Key ones), so I've been very far behind compared to most players. (I'm also playing another game alongside MHG, so yeah...)

Chromastone64

And now that the game's out, time to change my PT to something appropriate  ^-^
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Rikaria

Just got two amazing Palicoes from a livestream. If anyone wants them, I can set up a room after we agree on a time and day.

Sakura_Blossom

Well I just found my new least favorite monster (Khezu)

Rikaria

I usually play long-distance, so Khezu was very easy for me.

moonbeam16

I'll hopefully get MHGen Saturday.  I'm excited.
For now though, I'm stuck with MH4U.  I've had it for about a month.  It's fun.

Sakura_Blossom

Dang, the difficulty spike between 2 and 3 star village is brutal. Ran out of all my healing items fighting Nibelsnarf.   :l

And just so you know during 1 and 2 star I creamed everything.

Rikaria

Just wait till you reach the dual monsters quests...

Sakura_Blossom

Anyone know any way I could get better at this?

Rikaria

It's all a matter of learning the attack patterns for each monster. Watch some videos if you need to.

Sweet Brew

So due to my birthday I got this game a while back and have been loving it.
I do have one question though....

Umm, what's the point to the "Guild style" Charge Blade?
I mean, the Striker style is exactly the same but your hunter arts charge faster and can have up to 3!
It seems.... I dunno, weird.

On a side note, what weapons/style mixes do you enjoy?
I'm having a blast now that I can enjoy some of the weapons a bit more, now in MH4U I basically used anything but the Bow and Hammer, but now I can enjoy the weapons even further.

moonbeam16

Guild style is an option for every weapon, and it's the basic fighting style from prior games.  That's why it's there.
I personally use Aerial Insect Glaive (with Swarm II) like a n00b, but I'm thinking of taking up hammer.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: moonbeam16 on 2016 Sep 02, 20:08:14
Guild style is an option for every weapon, and it's the basic fighting style from prior games.  That's why it's there.
So Striker is just a better in every way version of Guild style for the Charge Blade?

moonbeam16

I guess.  I don't play charge blade or striker style, so I wouldn't know the specifics for sure.  It's possible, though I think my friend who plays charge blade said that he didn't like striker style.

Go Up