What are all the cannon spells unicorns can use?

Started by narwhaliagames, 2013 Dec 12, 16:30:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

narwhaliagames

I always wondered this so yeah also post a picture from the show showcasing the spell like this

Name of spell:
Catagory (manipulation, creation, destruction, illusion):
How to use:
picture:
ay i'm no longer using this site

HammyB

Its all Dependant on what the Unicorn's special talent is. Not all Unicorns can perform the same spell. But for a short list:

Teleportation
Levitation
Age Manipulation
Conjuration
Dunno if Unicorns can do it, but Discord did do Mind Manipulation in the S2 premiere.

There's a bunch more, but that's the most common ones.

Mizuki

Lets not forget the "amniomorphic spell" by Starswirl the bearded!

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Swirl_the_Bearded

I hear that has something to do with making Pots. Possibly a Harry Potter reference

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

HerpyDooves

2013 Dec 13, 09:40:54 #3 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 13, 09:42:43 by HerpyDooves
Quote from: Mizuki on 2013 Dec 13, 01:43:12
I hear that has something to do with making Pots. Possibly a Harry Potter reference

Don't get me going on how many Harry Potter references there are in the show lol

And HammyB said something about a certain Unicorn's spells depending on who they are, and how they can't all perform the same spells. This is true, and because of this, there are dozens of different of schools of magic. Such as:

• Celestia's and Luna's ability to raise the sun and moon (Unicorns actually had this ability before the Princesses)

• King Sombra's ability to generate and corrupt Crystals

• Rarity's Gem-finding spell

There are actually lots of and lots of spells that can't be classified as a specific school, such as the Come-To-Life spell, the Fail-Safe spell, and Starswirl's spell (the one Twilight finished) where talents of certain ponies are switched. There's also the fact that Magic takes the role of Electricity (which is odd, but interesting). In some episodes, some ponies even combine their magic to make it stronger.

Spoiler: Princess Celestia's and Princess Luna's ability to bring day and night • show

Spoiler: Rarity's Gem-finding spell (before she got her cutie mark • show

Spoiler: Twilight performing the Fail-safe spell • show

"My Fail-safe spell... failed"

Midnight Breeze

Unlimited. Magic is engineered by unicorns themselves. Asking all the spells unicorns can cast is like asking all of the machines and technological devices humans can build.

Espeon_in_the_Morning

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Dec 16, 12:26:32
Unlimited. Magic is engineered by unicorns themselves. Asking all the spells unicorns can cast is like asking all of the machines and technological devices humans can build.

My thoughts exactly. There, of course, are limitations of certain unicorns due to innate magical reservoirs, but that is a different issue... 

narwhaliagames

i mostly made this to catalouge all spells shown in the show thats why i put "cannon"
ay i'm no longer using this site

alexandas

Here's my list.
Levitation, teleportation, fireworks, gem finding, apple to orange, anything to orange, return to mirror pool, butterfly wings, gravity flipping, that one at the end of season 3, and a lot more.
[CENTER][/CENTER]
I'm probably not here, but If I am, call me moon rabbits.
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328
:ajshifty::-3 (bloomberg)

MrSpyro

Rarity and Trixie have done light shows in Suited for Success and Boast Busters, respectively, so light manipulation?
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Go Up