Thank you for playing in our open server weekend!

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Jan 27, 04:27:34

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ChibiGrrl

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Feb 15, 17:20:04
It's not yearly, they'll announce the next time they open the servers to the public.

Before Ohyocon they opened the servers in July last year so that was roughly 6 months

I'll have to make sure to check frequently so I can be in on the action for LoE next time!  :D

DarianStephens

I'm rather sad that I missed it, though I look forward to getting started next time!
Also, in some videos I've seen, the names are different than in the show. Are these just different locations or is it due to some copyright thing?

Mayapple

It's a copyright thing, DarianStephens.  They had to change the names to PonyDale, Sugarcane Corner, Applewood, Evershade Forest, Cloudopolis, etc.  Very creative, if you ask me.  I'd say my favourite name of the bunch would have to be the Evershade, though.

Cutiebone

Quote from: ChibiGrrl on 2014 Feb 16, 16:22:28
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Feb 15, 17:20:04
It's not yearly, they'll announce the next time they open the servers to the public.

Before Ohyocon they opened the servers in July last year so that was roughly 6 months

I'll have to make sure to check frequently so I can be in on the action for LoE next time!  :D

It's usually yearly though, it depends on progress and scheduling.
Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

Pipkin

Quote from: Cutiebone on 2014 Mar 06, 13:12:33
-snip-
It's usually yearly though, it depends on progress and scheduling.

You're right about progress and scheduling, but saying it's yearly is an overestimation based on the previous ones and can actually be a bit misleading.  The time difference between the 1st and 2nd test was 10 months, and between the 2nd and 3rd 6 months.  To say it's a yearly thing and for there to have been a test in Jan 2014 people may assume there won't be another until 2015 when in theory(I bold that because it's only that), they could have a test in as little time as early august-october and still maintain the general time difference we've currently seen.

But as you said it also depends on progress and scheduling since they seem to like having these tests during conventions

Go Up