what would happen to the bronys if my little pony was no more?

Started by princesswarmheart, 2013 May 05, 06:13:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

cloudwilk

Yea, I do call Tales G2 even though it's technically not. I mean, it is in a way if you just view it from show perspective. It was a second generation to the first series, but it wasn't based off the G2 toyline which technically didn't get a show.
I have gotten pretty far on my quest of every animated movie in existence.. though I am taking a break. Counting everything I'm at 242, which doesn't sound like a lot but, honestly, it is. Currently, I am viewing all the Studio Ghibli films. Through this quest I have found I enjoy European animated films, just because they have the western style but without the American/North American constraint. (Cause the American film industry is heavily impacted by the major corporations, it tends to impact how risky the movies are. Not saying there aren't some good one's... it's just typically it's either made by a huge unrisky company or a wannabe company, and I'll tell you, the wannabe companies are the most painful to watch.) Honestly, I don't have a problem with 3D :] As long as it's animated well, that is. It can too easily look creepy, but I certainly do have an appreciation for it. (Definitely something that does just work better with major companies, though. You can tell when a 3D movie had good funds. Bolt was designed really well.)

Have you ever watched Horseland by any chance? It's on Netflix.

It's like sports.. If there's humans on the show I'd rather be the human than watch them. (Sports: I'd rather play the sport than watch them)

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 05, 20:05:38
Yea, I do call Tales G2 even though it's technically not. I mean, it is in a way if you just view it from show perspective. It was a second generation to the first series, but it wasn't based off the G2 toyline which technically didn't get a show.
I have gotten pretty far on my quest of every animated movie in existence.. though I am taking a break. Counting everything I'm at 242, which doesn't sound like a lot but, honestly, it is. Currently, I am viewing all the Studio Ghibli films. Through this quest I have found I enjoy European animated films, just because they have the western style but without the American/North American constraint. (Cause the American film industry is heavily impacted by the major corporations, it tends to impact how risky the movies are. Not saying there aren't some good one's... it's just typically it's either made by a huge unrisky company or a wannabe company, and I'll tell you, the wannabe companies are the most painful to watch.) Honestly, I don't have a problem with 3D :] As long as it's animated well, that is. It can too easily look creepy, but I certainly do have an appreciation for it. (Definitely something that does just work better with major companies, though. You can tell when a 3D movie had good funds. Bolt was designed really well.)

Have you ever watched Horseland by any chance? It's on Netflix.

It's like sports.. If there's humans on the show I'd rather be the human than watch them. (Sports: I'd rather play the sport than watch them)

MLP Tales was also released on home video with the G2 design on them. I guess you could say in some ways it was G2, but by design it's technically G1. I don't get how Hasbro couldn't have at least one animated movie on G2 (Even G3.5 got animated movies and that was criticized as well) but I guess it doesn't matter now. We are in G4 era now and should be lucky for getting a 3rd tv show based on MLP. Man, I could never go through 242 animated movies. That's like roughly 20 days of watching nothing but movable pictures! That's if they were all over two hours in length. 10 days and 2 Hours if they were all one hour each! Still, that's a lot of time of watching tv. Your going to be tired by the time your finished! lol Well, Filly Funtasia apparently is improving on it's animation. At least, I hope it is. Your right though. I can tell the difference between cheap 3D animation and well company endorsed made 3D animation. Bolt is a good movie by the way. Very emotional movie I can say. If you do like European movies, then Filly Funtasia might be for you. It is animated over in Europe and will air on some children's channel in Spain in 2015. Not sure if it will come to America, but I hope it does. I do remember Horseland. Never watched an entire episode, but do remember one of my family members watching it. Love the talking animals in it. I'll consider watching it. Love the cat in it.  ^-^

EliteAspect

Bro1997

Quote from: EliteAspect on 2014 Aug 05, 22:19:01
The bronies would go insane o_o

I probably would, but I would be cool as long as G5 is as good! X3

Bro1997

Quote from: hero4001 on 2014 Aug 05, 22:39:43
What is a bronie o.O

A brony is a male fan of the animated television cartoon MLP FIM. It's been around for almost four years now and has grown to include adult men and women along with the target audience. They have created tons of fanfiction, artwork, OC's, music, Original video animations, parodies, and etc. They collect tons of MLP merchandise and will buy things custom made like plushies. There is Brony conventions like BronyCon which is the largest in the US in Baltimore, Maryland, GalaCon in Ludwigsburg, Germany, BabsCon, and so much more. Hasbro has also released things like dog tags, a collectable card game, bath robes, Funko Vinyl Collectibles, Footsie Pajamas, Costumes, and so much more. Some Bronies like to role-play, others like to talk about things on forums like this one and tons of Brony social networks exist on the internet. Equestria Daily is a good place for you to get the latest information on MLP news and there is also Brony radio stations like Fillydelphia Radio and Ponyville Live if you like to listen to Brony Music that has been created by fans over time. As I said, it's a very large fandom but don't expect it to last forever. One day, all of these things will be gone. Thanks and have a good night.

hero4001

Oh thanks yu That meen im a brony if im a fan from the show  o.O

Bro1997

Quote from: hero4001 on 2014 Aug 05, 23:43:02
Oh thanks yu That meen im a brony if im a fan from the show  o.O

Yeah, your very welcome. I don't do any of this stuff except maybe collect MLP merchandise though.  X3

hero4001

Bro1997

Quote from: hero4001 on 2014 Aug 05, 23:52:29
Same just collecting and watching the show  :3

That's a good thing to hear. Beyond these two things, I wouldn't consider myself a Brony.

cloudwilk

I consider myself a Brony as of now. I do feel as though, even though I give no content, am apart of this community. I love the fan content and have found myself eagerly awaiting of popular reviewers on youtube. At this point, this show has become a part of my life.  :P

That's another thing, I love talking-animal things. Especially animated. My favorite movie is Bambi.... and favorite book is Animal Farm. So, symbolic-animal animated features aimed towards an older kid age is right down my alley.

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 06, 08:55:11
I consider myself a Brony as of now. I do feel as though, even though I give no content, am apart of this community. I love the fan content and have found myself eagerly awaiting of popular reviewers on youtube. At this point, this show has become a part of my life.  :P

That's another thing, I love talking-animal things. Especially animated. My favorite movie is Bambi.... and favorite book is Animal Farm. So, symbolic-animal animated features aimed towards an older kid age is right down my alley.

I'm glad some bronies are like that. You seem to be a lot like me that's for sure. I did enjoy looking at other's fan art on DA and fan animations on YouTube. I don't however have any interest of going to Brony Conventions.

cloudwilk

I've never been to a Brony convention.... however, I'm starting to see if I can go to one in the future. I guess I'm beginning to open up  :] I went to one convention... a really really small one... of which I was dragged to go with this one friend... but one none-the-less! I don't see myself cosplaying, but I might go to one of these events one day  ^-^

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 06, 19:01:22
I've never been to a Brony convention.... however, I'm starting to see if I can go to one in the future. I guess I'm beginning to open up  :] I went to one convention... a really really small one... of which I was dragged to go with this one friend... but one none-the-less! I don't see myself cosplaying, but I might go to one of these events one day  ^-^

Yeah, me too maybe. I feel however that you have to stay at the hotel the convention takes place at and let me tell you, It's NOT CHEAP! BronyCon's package which includes a hotel room is over a $1,000! Unless your parents are cool with spending that much money and traveling into big cities like Baltimore then don't try it out. Tons of members on here seem to have interests in going to conventions like these and I just don't get it. I'm not much for cosplaying either, but as I said before I'm just not comfortable being at huge conventions like that and the price isn't worth it unless you save it up yourself or get a job. Your best beat is to work together with fellow brony friends and save up tons of money to go. I'd love to go to a Brony Convention because meeting one of the show's crew would be neat. I just don't think it's going to happen to me though.  ono

cloudwilk

Oh geez... maybe I won't be able to go. I really don't have that kind of money.
D: D: D:
Plus, I'm not a big fan of crowds... At all.  :c

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 07, 21:01:12
Oh geez... maybe I won't be able to go. I really don't have that kind of money.
D: D: D:
Plus, I'm not a big fan of crowds... At all.  :c

Me too! Are you some kind of clone or something? Because we have so much in common. It's nice to have bronies like you around. Makes me feel more special. There are colored badges as one member on here posted as a way for people to tell that they are allowed to talk to this person, or not. It's described more for people with Autistic Spectrum (I'm guessing the member believed I had Asperger's Syndrome). Not to be offensive to people that are that way. Heck, I might even have Asperger's and don't know it. I don't get out much in the world and I HATE SCHOOL. I'm thinking about Cyber school though. Yeah, though if your willing to pay a $50 ticket price (which doesn't give you a hotel room) for I believe a day (Not sure how it works) or spend $1,000 which is a package for BronyCon that gives you all three days at the convention and a hotel room then don't go. I don't think your parents would understand why you'd want to go anyway. They're probably not willing to travel to Baltimore either. Plus, there's like 9,000 bronies (yeah, not joking) that come from all over the world to this one convention. I'm not willing to go, but to socialize and maybe open up probably. I'm like Big Macintosh. Kind, Hard-Working, but just plain down introverted. Here's the link if you want to check out prices for it:
http://www.bronycon.com
Hope it works for you

cloudwilk

Heh... thanks u,u It's cool when if I can make someone's day.
I would have to drive there on my own at that point since I'll be in school all summer next year... The only way I'd go at that point is if there's a group of people willing to gather together and go with me. I mean, I can hope for some sort of MLP club to support that... but until then... I can't possibly go.  :c  I would like to know in advanced, though... prices are cheap early...
I know I don't have autism or Asperger's but if I feel pushed then I will exhibit traits associated with those disabilities... even to the point of out lashes if I'm really uncomfortable. But that rarely, if ever, has happened.
Yea, I heard about that scale thing at the convention. I honestly didn't find it offensive, but whatever. I saw there had been quite some negative feedback about it.
I'd say I'm more like..... everypony... but constantly changing with the day. To some, I am forever quiet. To others, I will never shut up. It's not even linked to how close I am with them, necessarily, either. Granted, I will talk more to people I'm friends with but, sometimes, I just talk a lot because I just do. It's like... I can be so kind yet I can be so mean to such a degree that it will consume my personality. It's a really odd predicament. I think my variability is because I am constantly trying to see things through others viewpoints so I don't really hold my own personality too strongly... mainly because I'm always willing to learn if there's a better way of understanding the illogical aspects of this world such as laughing. But there is a main personality of me... and if I had to pick a word to describe it all I can think of right now is imaginative, but it is a word that encases so much.

MoonBunni

I'd probably be sad for a few minutes, but then move on. Doesn't mean I still can't draw cute lil pones, u kno. <3

I'm not THAT attached to the show. I like it, but I'm not deathly into it. I like all kinds of cute junk.
now if everything cute suddenly stopped turning up i'd prob die tbh... >A<

Pastels and cute things...

Mofoman14

I will be depressed when or if the show ends.  ono
Now if the show was never made. I would still be living my life as normal. 
I joined the brony fandom in august of 2012. Before season 3 started.

deliah sketchooves

Deliah Sketchooves ~ I sketch things, have hooves and I want to be your friend!!
:D

Go Up