General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KirbyFluttershy

The balloon cooldown may vary as you use these balloons, but yeah, it takes a long time for them to be ready. It's not that bad though unless you're gonna use this time to dismiss some of the low powered pokemon.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Stardust Dragon

I'm stuck trying to work on the special Mega Blastoise event in Shuffle...I'm in the mid-24ks rankwise and trying to catch Raikou to try and give me a little more raw numbers, but it's being too elusive.  I was willing to let the Lucarionite slide because it was clear I wasn't up to snuff yet, but now I'm so close that it's not easy for me to say no to.

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Apr 10, 01:40:49
The balloon cooldown may vary as you use these balloons, but yeah, it takes a long time for them to be ready. It's not that bad though unless you're gonna use this time to dismiss some of the low powered pokemon.

Except I still need the early balloons which have a cooldown of like 30 mins per (there's always that one Pokémon that I can never seem to catch, and making them Wobble is really annoying). I know the later ones go up in hours, but...

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Apr 10, 01:51:18
I'm stuck trying to work on the special Mega Blastoise event in Shuffle...I'm in the mid-24ks rankwise and trying to catch Raikou to try and give me a little more raw numbers, but it's being too elusive.

As in trying to catch it or do you run out of time?
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Stardust Dragon

2015 Apr 10, 12:48:55 #423 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 10, 12:51:08 by Stardust Dragon
Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Apr 10, 08:50:08
As in trying to catch it or do you run out of time?

The ranked matchup in "Special".  I can't get a high enough score to put me in the top 20k players.

Or if you're referring to Raikou, it was a mixture of both time and catching it afterwards.  I did shell out some coins to catch it last night, but it hasn't helped me much yet...I didn't know that the special stage didn't offer any EXP, but I guess it's understandable.

KirbyFluttershy

Well if you wanna be in the top20k players, you gotta grind some more of the recommended pokemon. They have to be at least level 5 or higher for more damage and higher scores also you need to use complexity and disruption delay to help you there.

As for pokemon rumble world, there's a way to make them wobble. If you attack the pokemon from behind, it'll be a lot easier for you to capture them, but you have to kill the wobbling pokemon fast before the wobble state wears off. Any moves that has high critical ratio should make the pokemon wobble. That's one thing I learned from pokemon rumble blast.

Rikaria

2015 Apr 10, 13:16:39 #425 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 10, 13:22:33 by Rikaria
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Apr 10, 12:48:55
I didn't know that the special stage didn't offer any EXP, but I guess it's understandable.

Wrong; only competitions don't give EXP.

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Apr 10, 13:11:34
If you attack the pokemon from behind, it'll be a lot easier for you to capture them, but you have to kill the wobbling pokemon fast before the wobble state wears off. Any moves that has high critical ratio should make the pokemon wobble.

I already know and tried that... (I also know about the Gutsy Trait and Wobbly Tree and their effects, by the way.)

KirbyFluttershy

I noticed that rikaria and my friend are already rank 17 by now (or pretty much over than that) as I got a spotpass from both of them, but yeah getting pokemon is a lot harder than it is right now.

Rikaria

Hmm? I'm like Rank 20+.

Nala Valor

im rank 17 without anyone for streampass and i caught Groudon. it has like 537 power and its attacks are precipice blades (5*) and shock wave (2*). although shock wave is useless, the blades are super powerful and fast. every small pokemon gets 1-hit and it hits usually the whole wave. only problem is now im stuck since i cant get a lot of gems since no street pass and the chalenges are somewhat hard with all the pokemon i have.

Rikaria

Recently completed two of the beginning balloons, yay~

KirbyFluttershy

It seems some of us are enjoying pokemon rumble world right now. Rikaria has that nice outfit though (i was wondering when can i get them)

Rikaria

There are some Gifts you get for free once you reach certain Ranks; the one I have is one of them.

Also, just completed another balloon~

KirbyFluttershy

I'm starting to think that the revival for 2 poke diamonds is terrible in pokemon rumble world. back in original and blast, we always get 3 revivals (or chances).

Rikaria

2015 Apr 13, 09:59:42 #433 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 13, 10:09:48 by Rikaria
More Main Stages for Shuffle are now available as well as Groudon. Also, to all Mega Blastoise competitors: the competition is now over.

Spoiler: Speaking of which, here's my results • show
FIRST TRY!

Meanwhile, here's an English trailer for the upcoming movie:

Naura

I feel they are making more and more new Pokémon a little too op. At first it was okay, but I feel like every legendary after Arceus is starting to become rather dull and not as fun as the older legendaries, like, what does Volcanion even do? Most of them seem to be created just so they can make movies where they look stronger than all other Pokémons. Oh well, I hope the new gens (if there will be any) got a more sturctured story and Pokémons that will be fun.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Apr 13, 09:59:42
More Main Stages for Shuffle are now available as well as Groudon. Also, to all Mega Blastoise competitors: the competition is now over.

And more main stages I can't get to because Mewtwo.  Also I wasn't able to beat the cap for Mega Blastoise...got in the 27k range, but I just wasn't fast enough to get any better.  Oh well, maybe next time, with stronger 'mon. 

I got a super lucky chain my first attempt at Groudon, cleared out most of the middle 3 rows in one go because of how the pattern was falling.  I replicated it once, but already forgot how I did it  X3 oops.

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Apr 13, 19:46:49
And more main stages I can't get to because Mewtwo.  Also I wasn't able to beat the cap for Mega Blastoise...got in the 27k range, but I just wasn't fast enough to get any better.  Oh well, maybe next time, with stronger 'mon. 

I got a super lucky chain my first attempt at Groudon, cleared out most of the middle 3 rows in one go because of how the pattern was falling.  I replicated it once, but already forgot how I did it  X3 oops.

If you leveled your pokemon, this wouldn't be a problem for you. That's how we and other people got higher scores and more points in that process. Like I said, the pokemon has to be at least level 5 or higher. If competing for blastoisinite, then you need ampharos, sceptile, zapdos, and raikou as recommended. if competing for lucarionite, then you need slowbro, xerneas, togekiess, and other fairy, flying, or psychic type to help you there.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Apr 13, 20:59:08
If you leveled your pokemon, this wouldn't be a problem for you. That's how we and other people got higher scores and more points in that process. Like I said, the pokemon has to be at least level 5 or higher. If competing for blastoisinite, then you need ampharos, sceptile, zapdos, and raikou as recommended. if competing for lucarionite, then you need slowbro, xerneas, togekiess, and other fairy, flying, or psychic type to help you there.

In all fairness, I was TRYING that.  But I guess you're right, no sense in me complaining about it constantly.

KirbyFluttershy

another thing is that if you have enough coins for complexity and disruption delay, then you should be able to get more points and a higher score. I was ranked 7040, but was still good on the rankings though.

The rest of the wacky workshop stages are pretty much a pain right now even mega aerodactyl as well so I had to use mega start and disruption delay for that.

oh yeah, one of the youtubers was doing some videos on pokemon shuffle and rumble world, but during the 1st part of the rumble world playthrough, he bought like around 1750 poke diamonds for $16.

Rikaria

I don't blame him. Ranking up takes so long with limited Balloons, and even then the Balloons themselves get up there in price. Some of the Trees you can plant also get expensive later.
Spoiler: show
On the upside, once you reach the 3,000 Diamonds limit, you get a building that digs up 20 Diamonds a day.

I just wonder what Nintendo/Game Freak will do once you've collected everything. Surely they'll add something... right?

Go Up