The Lion Guard

Started by Rikaria, 2015 Nov 29, 14:07:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

Quote from: WikipediaThe Lion Guard is an American animated television series created by Ford Riley based on the 1994 film The Lion King. It was first broadcast as an hour long television film, titled The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar on November 22, 2015 and will later broadcast as a series in January 2016 on Disney Junior and Disney Channel. It is the second television series to be based on The Lion King, the other being the TV Series Timon & Pumbaa which ran from 1995 to 1999. The Lion Guard takes place after the original film and in the middle of its 1998 sequel The Lion King II: Simba's Pride.

While we wait for Season 6 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I needed something (aside from watching animé) to fill in the void, and I think this will be it. As someone who watched and enjoyed the first and second movies (but not "1 1/2") back then, I think this shows promise.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Dusky Hues

I know this post is a bit old, but I had to reply to it. The title stood out to me and I'm surprised there's not further discussion on the series.

I really want to watch this. I was intrigued by the descriptions I've read, as they reminded me more of the feeling Kimba the White Lion inspired in me. I don't have access to television, so I wouldn't be able to watch it unless it came to Netflix or if I could watch it something like Hulu or Amazon Prime. I'll have to look into it and see if I can find it on one of those.

Have you been watching it? How do you feel about the show without giving too many spoilers? Does it have the majestic feeling of the old movies?

If nothing else, I think my kid would enjoy it. I recently introduced her to the Lion King, and she loved it, as I knew she would.

Go Up