Dragon's Dogma

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Jul 25, 05:59:57

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lord of Madness

WHO here has Dragons Dogma? Also if you have it add Lord 0f Madness (that an Zero in the 0f) So you can use my lvl 120 pawn for free!

I'd also love to know what you all think about the game.

Teal Turken

I love this game! It's so fun! I only have it rented from Gamefly but it's so fun! I only find the poor quality story bad but other than that it's a good game! I play assassin vocation!

Lord of Madness

Teal Turken

Spoiler: Spoiler for the anticipated dragon battle • show
When I defeated the dragon and moved to the after game, I got the sword Dragon's Dogma. Yes there is a sword called Dragon's Dogma in the game. It's epic but then I found a merchant who sold a sword called Carnation and it was way better even though I had Dragon's Dogma upgraded to 2 star. X3

Lord of Madness

I have most powerful staff in game. Had to defeat the Ur-Dragon to get it

The Stars

Someone made this game sound really cool saying that they took Devil May Cry, Shadow of the Collosus, and Skyrim, mixed them together in a blender and came up with this game.

So far that looks crazy true XD. Skyrim sized world but that's just crazy with no fast travel o.o
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Teal Turken

Yeah, having to walk everywhere is a bit of a pain at times. >.<

Lord of Madness

Eventually you get port crystals so you can fast travel  ^-^

Goldenrod

Oh! I have this game!
Don't have my xbox hooked up to live at the moment because of the logistics of doing that, but I had a Lvl 70 Ranger before I restarted as a mage to try Magic Archer.
So far I've enjoyed the needing to run around because fast travel was always my biggest complaint in Skyrim and Oblivion since it ruins any immersion.
My only complaint is the pawns endlessly rattling off the same 5 lines every time you exit a town or run down a road.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Goldenrod on 2012 Jul 28, 20:15:21
Oh! I have this game!
Don't have my xbox hooked up to live at the moment because of the logistics of doing that, but I had a Lvl 70 Ranger before I restarted as a mage to try Magic Archer.
So far I've enjoyed the needing to run around because fast travel was always my biggest complaint in Skyrim and Oblivion since it ruins any immersion.
My only complaint is the pawns endlessly rattling off the same 5 lines every time you exit a town or run down a road.

lol and they always say it without emotion

Goldenrod

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 28, 21:50:26
Quote from: Goldenrod on 2012 Jul 28, 20:15:21
Oh! I have this game!

lol and they always say it without emotion

They can be useful when they shout weaknesses of new foes, but they do have some shortcomings...

Like my old pawn that shouted "Even in numbers, a weakling is a weakling still!" EVERY TIME we saw goblins.
Or my current one that informs me that cliffs are dangerous every time we walk along one.

Lord of Madness

or how they would always state NO MATTER WHAT the situation is THERE ARE TOO MANY or WE ARE OUTMATCHED!!! if they are hit at all... I had a wild boar tackle my lvl 150 pawn and they yelled WE ARE NO MATCH!!!

Teal Turken

Yeah the pawns need to have there speech patterns tweaked. Sure you can talk to them and change there speech pattern a bit but you can't shut them up for good!

"Stray from the roads and we'll soon find monsters, Arisen" "Monsters stray from the roads" "Monsters lurk these woods"
"Tis weak to fire!" "It hates fire!" "Fire works well!" "Fire is useless!"
Spoiler: show

Goldenrod

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 29, 03:45:31
or how they would always state NO MATTER WHAT the situation is THERE ARE TOO MANY or WE ARE OUTMATCHED!!! if they are hit at all... I had a wild boar tackle my lvl 150 pawn and they yelled WE ARE NO MATCH!!!

Yeah my favorite was a pawn getting hit by a bat, "They hold the advantage!"
As far as pawn builds go, what have been your favorites?
I've had two pawn builds I've liked so far - a Ranger that spammed Gamble Draw since they have no stamina and a full support mage that made life really easy for me.

Lord of Madness

Mage and Warrior... my Warrior pawn 1 hit kills EVERYTHING

Dr.Insaneoats

Man its been a while since I played Dragon's Dogma but I always rolled with me as a Mystic Knight (All Chimera's shall fear my Ruinous Sigil!) and my pawn was always a ranger.

Lord of Madness

I have found out that at lvl 150 with a sorcerer makes me a 1 hit kill EVERYTHING

ShadowHoof

I haven't played in a good long while, but I was primarily a sorcerer (Maelstrom and Bolide FTW!).  Though I played some other classes just for a change of pace.  My character is one or two ranks from max Assassin vocation.

I have yet to actually complete the game (The post-game I mean).

Lord of Madness

MAN I have not played the game in a bit... I have been really worried about getting my new Computer up and running instead of playing  :P Ill add you all shortly

Shadow Mare

Finally have this game soooooo... yeah.

Go Up