10 Reasons why TESO is awesome

Started by Ramisha, 2013 Aug 26, 10:20:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sotha

I don't know much about the economics of the MMO market, but it seems to me that $15/month was the standard fare when a few games, and a relatively specific format of MMO gaming, had a relative (perhaps relatively competitive) monopoly on the market.

Now there are many alternatives both within and outside the format of 'strict MMO's, as it were, that overlap with the market, at either pay once or free or various other monetary schemes, and $15/month is at the very highest end of cost schemata.
May you walk on warm sands.

the dark gods

It'll go free to play before a year after it's release.
Seriously, name one majorly successful monthly based subscription game other then World of Warcraft, what's that, can't? Exactly.
No one will be willing to buy it, because everyone who is willing to do so is already playing WoW, and they're in too deep to switch gear, so to attract more customers they'll go free to play.
Seriously, Star Wars couldn't get enough players to make a profit on it's monthly subscription MMO, what makes you think Elder Scrolls will?
thank you Sky Sketch

Teal Turken

I really hope that TESO actually stays subscription based and succeeds.
Bethesda does NOT deserve to be ripped off by it's own fandom just because they want it to be Free to play. That's not supporting your companies. Companies should be paid for putting out good content for it's customers, not giving it out for free because they're bullied into doing so.

That character customization. :3

Midnight Breeze

How lovely. The game comes right before tax day.

Go Up