Mass effect 3 ending discussion (Ending related Topic Spoilers AHOY!)

Started by Weatherboy1, 2012 Sep 05, 20:17:19

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Weatherboy1

Alert there may be spoilers in the comment section. If you have not reached the ending of ME3 and you don't want to find the ending, leave imminently
Personally I found the endings very disappointing

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Wandering Star

At first, with the blue/green/red explosion, I DID like a lot. Why? Well, because I was one of the guys who believed that all that was a dream and, the ending, was actually Shepard trying to avoid being completely adoctrinated. This would explain why you see controling the reapers as the "blue option" (the good one) and destroying them as the red one (bad one). The Ilussive Man tried to control them, and look in what he became. Saren wanted to synthesize with them, ... and look in what he became too.

The indoctrination was controling Shepard without knowing it, this is why we see the reaper-friendly options as blue when they would be the bad ending, because it would mean that Shepard is fully indoctrinated.

If we select the red ending, we see that, even very hurted, Shepard starts to shoot and walking like fully healed, while he obliterate any trace of the indoctrination in his mind, and then he wakes up on the battlefield, with his mind free of any obstacles to kick some metal asses.

This is some sort of sum up of that dream theory, if you want to know it far better, start with this video:

Actually, I saw it perfect plausyble. In fact, I thought about being all that an illusion as soon I saw Shepard waking up on the battlefield. How the hell you can fall from space and survive? Really. This is science-fiction, not cartoons, normal physics are applied in the story.

But, whatever, that indoctrination theory was amazing for me, it gave another spin to the story: war man vs machine inside a human hearth. The Earth's invasion was being taking place in his mind too, and Shepard was actually fighting in two fronts, as you could see. The game took in that way a very simbolical and romantic path.

But, ... now,... the Extended DLC Ending...

Hey, when they talked about a extended DLC, my brain warned me that probably all that indoctrination theory was false. I was aware of that and I opened my mind to everything they throw me.

Until I saw them...

Really, guys... REALLY! After such great endings like Mass Effect 1's (in which I thought I was death and I was thinking about loading a saved game until Shepard appeared like a boss), or Mass Effect 2's (in which I had my hearth in my hand when I discovered my team mates could die because of my decisions). And, now, they put three generical endings which are a total copy of Deux Ex's endings.

Yes, dissapointed.

Go Up