Your favorite cartoon growing up?

Started by ChibiGrrl, 2014 Jun 10, 17:25:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Murano

I remember Fox Kids really hyped Spiderman Unlimited when it started (actually I think they did that with most new cartoons), I also thought I remembered Heidi but I think I was thinking of something else although it does look like Kiki's Delivery Service.   I don't know if it was shown outside of Scotland but when I was a kid I watched "The Family-Ness", the reason I mention it is because the animation is worse than I remember.    lol

http://youtu.be/hhkYXubYe-o

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Murano on 2015 Feb 07, 11:42:19
I remember Fox Kids really hyped Spiderman Unlimited when it started (actually I think they did that with most new cartoons), I also thought I remembered Heidi but I think I was thinking of something else although it does look like Kiki's Delivery Service.   I don't know if it was shown outside of Scotland but when I was a kid I watched "The Family-Ness", the reason I mention it is because the animation is worse than I remember.    lol

http://youtu.be/hhkYXubYe-o

I remember seeing advertisements for Castle in the Sky, from the same director and production company as Kiki's Delivery Service...which was also before Castle became my all-time favorite Ghibli film.  I seriously need to get a copy of that score that was released overseas, that music slays me every time...

Chack

2015 Feb 07, 18:41:28 #82 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 07, 18:47:19 by Chack
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 07, 02:50:19
Spoiler: show

--!! That picture! That REALLY rings a bell! Now I KNOW I've seen it at some point!
Wait for it...

Lync Volan

lets see how many of you feel Nostalgia after seeing this...

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 08, 01:38:16

lets see how many of you feel Nostalgia after seeing this...

I don't, I was more of a Nickelodeon kid. Before it got weird.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 08, 01:43:43
I don't, I was more of a Nickelodeon kid. Before it got weird.
i liked Nickelodeon too...
but i also liked Kids WB
and other channels

Zsaszz

Quote from: Bardsworth Brony on 2015 Feb 06, 21:56:38
Biker Mice From Mars?

Ya that one, i totally forgot the name  :P
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 06, 23:42:48
when you say first digimon do you mean first season or first movie?

The first season, i also watched the movie, but I don't remember much of it.

Also i got some of you confused with the Heidi thing X3,
the full name is Heidi, Girl of the Alps

Lync Volan

Quote from: Zsaszz on 2015 Feb 08, 10:58:35
The first season, i also watched the movie, but I don't remember much of it.
i remember it perfectly cause my dad would play the movie for me every night in our living room when i was smaller and i still kinda rewatch it from time to time X3
(our living room tv has always been movie worthy and humongous so it really had an impact)

PrincessButton

Hehe side note: I like how the title of this thread is "Your favorite cartoon growing up?" and we are all posting lists of cartoons, because... How can you just pick one? :]
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

ChibiGrrl

ComeGetSome

MY LITTLE PONY!!!!

Nah JK. If that were the case, I'd be the first ever brony.

I grew up with Spongebob.

Lync Volan

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2015 Feb 09, 17:09:00
Hehe side note: I like how the title of this thread is "Your favorite cartoon growing up?" and we are all posting lists of cartoons, because... How can you just pick one? :]
Picking one ♪It's Just Impossible♪ DD:

Murano

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2015 Feb 09, 17:09:00

I guess if I was to pick just one I would likely say either Sailor moon or Powerpuff Girls, because there the only cartoons from my childhood that I've watched as an adult.    ^-^

PrincessButton

Quote from: Murano on 2015 Feb 10, 16:25:40
I guess if I was to pick just one I would likely say either Sailor moon or Powerpuff Girls, because there the only cartoons from my childhood that I've watched as an adult.    ^-^
But hey! No need to pick just one. :3 I think we can all agree to love them all.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: ComeGetSome on 2015 Feb 09, 21:28:46
MY LITTLE PONY!!!!

Nah JK. If that were the case, I'd be the first ever brony.

I remember watching, and actually rather enjoying, the MLP movie involving the Smooze.  My little sis and I had that on tape and watched it a few times.  I also have vague memories of "Escape from Midnight Castle" from when I was younger as well, but I only remember how that movie goes because I watched it again more recently.  I did not, however, watch any of the TV episodes or other movies until G4 rolled around.  My earlier exposure probably made trying FiM a lot easier, now that I think about it...

Lync Volan

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2015 Feb 10, 16:29:33
But hey! No need to pick just one. :3 I think we can all agree to love them all.
you got that right :] (inserts cartoon mash up images here)

Murano

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2015 Feb 10, 16:29:33

True, but some are easier to love than others *cough* "Doug" *cough*.    0:)

Dream Dust

There are so many cartoons to chose from! Everyone has already listed most of the ones I watched. I was a big time NickToons watcher along with the Disney afternoon. My all time favorites might have been Hey Arnold!, CatDog, Doug, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Bonkers . . . and Sailor Moon, Invader Zim, Danny Phantom, Sonic SatAM as I got older. But I liked so many of the 80's and 90's cartoons. I still like them.

HunterOfTheDark

How the heck has no one mentioned shows like Rocket Power, Animaniacs, or Pinkie and the Brain here yet?!?!? Those were my bread and butter back in the day, alongside Spongebob, Kim Possible, Lilo and Stitch, X-Men Evolution, The Amazing Spider-Man, Martin Mystery, and a really old PBS show called Cyber Chase!
Dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A mans man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

Lync Volan

Quote from: HunterOfTheDark on 2015 Mar 02, 08:30:41
Spongebob, Kim Possible, Lilo and Stitch, X-Men Evolution, The Amazing Spider-Man, Martin Mystery, and a really old PBS show called Cyber Chase!
i'm sure i mentioned Kim Possible,Lilo and Stitch,X men Evolution,The Amazing Spider Man and possibly Martin Mystery
i also used to play a computer learning game called Cyber Chase

but the reason i didn't mention those other things is cause i never watched them even though they might have a huge number of fans like Tom and jerry cause i never favorited Tom and jerry either (oddly)

Go Up