Luigi's Mansion and Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon [ScareScraper anypony?]

Started by Jenzy, 2013 Mar 24, 03:19:13

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jenzy

So, when somepony's Hosting a ScareScraper session, do any of you ponies want to notify us here?

It'd be fun playing with y'all in the ScareScraper. :3

Created the Skype Group. We can talk about the game here and in the group, without spoiling anything of course... x3

Let me know if you want to join.

IT'S HEEEERRE!!! O:

The Sequel To

We can all discuss your favorite moments of the original Luigi's Mansion as well as Dark Moon's. Remember. Anything as a Spoiler, keep it in a Spoiler!

[glow=green,2,300]
Any Luigi's Mansion FANS out there?
[/glow]

The Original Trailers differ so much from the Final version.
Spoiler: Luigi's Mansion 2 E3 2011 and Dark Moon 2012 Trailers • show

Even the Original Gameplay is different (E3 2011)

Some minor differences with the Gloomy Manor and Old Clockworks in the later E3 Demo
Spoiler: Gloomy Mansion and Old Clockworks E3 2012 • show

Easter Eggs in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon:
Naming - The first letter of each mansion, possessor, and bonus mission, in the order of the story, make out the word, GHOST. If you include the ScareScraper, then it's GHOSTS.
Shower - Have Luigi go under any running water. He'll take a quick shower.
Twirl - After spinning the Circle Pad for a while, the spin causes Luigi to twirl and get a bit dizzy once you stop.

Any favorite moments from the first game?
Blackout - I definite loved the Blackout sequence of this game. The thrills and chills while getting through the rooms in the darkness and the ghosts randomly popping up, EVERYWHERE! :I
Harvesting loot - I also liked watering the plants in this game. Glad they returned it in the sequel, in a different fashion, but still rewarding. :3
Elemental Medals - The use of these functions for the Poltergust 3000 are rather a nice addition to this game. It's fun trying to solve how to defeat ghosts with elements protecting their hearts such as the Blue Blaze, Temper Terror, and Flash ghosts with Elemental Ghosts. Though it gets annoying when you forget to suck up an Elemental Ghost or capture the wrong one and dealing with these ghosties...

I find it interesting why it's only called Dark Moon in the US, but not anywhere else.

A bunch of names of certain things in the game also differ. WARNING: Contains Spoilers
Luigi's Mansion; Localised Differences between European and US versions of Luigi's Mansion 2

Itty Bit

Guess this is as good a place as any to dump my art

Also, I beat Luigi's Mansion tonight in 1:45:06 in celebration of it coming out C:

CyanideInsanity

From what I've seen so far it looks like they did great job. I'll have to pick it up quite some time later though, unless my brother buys it but that's unlikely for a while as well.

I guess I should finish my latest playthrough of the first game soon. I started soon after getting my video card almost a year ago, and started again 2 days ago. Yes, I use emulators. I don't have a standard def. tv and can't stand blurry gameplay on an HD display.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Rikaria

Picking it up today ^-^

Can't wait to play it with others, though :D
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

super_chris85

I love luigi's mansion

Itty Bit

Woke up an hour or so ago. I'm going to get it now ^u^

Rikaria

Just a note: you can't play Multiplayer till you play at least some of the main story mode.

Jenzy

In the Dark Moon Quest, there are tricksy Boos that are hidden in almost every mission. To find them you must...
Spoiler: show
Use your Dark Light Device to look for Spirit Balls that might have caused an object to disappear. You can also tell just by the environmental clues if a bunch of things are missing...

It's interesting how you suck up Boos in this game... =P

Rikaria

I'm still only on the second mansion (as of this post)... MAN do you have to think carefully in this game when it comes to vacuuming up some ghosts...

Deviant

Dont own the game yet (or the system)

But i did come across the Dual scream's ringtone (is that what the new GB horror is called?)

Man is it catchy...

Jenzy

Quote from: Deviant on 2013 Mar 26, 15:16:39
Dont own the game yet (or the system)

But i did come across the Dual scream's ringtone (is that what the new GB horror is called?)

Man is it catchy...

:D

It's my Skype Ringtone! (Wish I had a phone just for that when friends call me x3)

So, when somepony's Hosting a ScareScraper, do any of you ponies want to notify us here?

It'd be fun playing with y'all in the ScareScraper. :3

Rikaria

I was ABOUT to ask that lol

I really would love to get a small group together so we can play it, Skype included. I've only played Hunter, though, so the other modes may (or may not) throw me off...

Jenzy

We should have a Skype Group for that... :3

And I just beat King Boo! :D
Fantastic game! Next Level Games did an excellent job! (All that's left for me are the remaining Gems and improving my Ranks)

Cool Bit: The first letter of each mansion, possessor, and bonus mission, in the order of the story, make out the word, GHOST.

Rikaria

I'm available anytime in the afternoon :)

Itty Bit

might as well dump some more art here. Ish the final boss  :]

I agree on doing some Scarescraper LoE group at some point as well~

Darkangel

I TOTALLY forgot about Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon coming out.....
When I get it, I'll join you guys in your group when you make it.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Jenzy

Created the Skype Group. How do I add you ponies there?

Also, how do we play ScareScraper without adding a bunch of FCs? o.O

Blaze

May I join too? I just got it yesterday!  :3

Jenzy

:]

Guess I just need the Skype names to add y'all or something...

Still figuring out how it'll work, but the group is not focused on ScareScraper/Trill Tower. We can talk about the game here and in the group, without spoiling anything of course... X3

I only have 1 Gem left to find at the 4th Mansion and a few at the Final. :D

Blaze

My Skype name is Comet.Blaze  :P

I've just begun the third house and I'm nowhere close to collecting all of the gems!  lol

Go Up