Specialties :
Human past - Machiavellian ideas
Cult Leadership (Leader of the Fiamma Nera) - Bonus to follower's loyalty
Doge of Venice (Serenissimo dell'Impero Romano) - Bonus to trade and income
Spirit of the Dragon (Dagger of Xian) - Enhanced fire magic
Former Member of the Cossack Union - Friendly towards Marxist behaviour

Human Background :

Marco Bartoli, Son of Gianni

Son of Gianni Bartoli and final leader of the Fiamma Nera cult. I became leader after my father's watery demise and will stop at nothing to get the Dagger of Xian.

I am a ruthless, cunning and powerful man who is surrounded by men who are willing to sacrifice their lives for me because of my position and their devotion to the cult. I am passionate about ancient relics and knows very well the legends of mystical objects like the Dagger of Xian. I seek the powers of these objects, and spent my life doing so. When I was young, my father told me that he possessed the Seraph. Gianni left in his ship, the Maria Doria, once again but this would be his final journey. During my time as leader of the Fiamma Nera, I got rid of my father's Qin Dynasty relics and left the devious traps installed around the mansion. I converted it into my Hideout and also made a similar use of the Opera House next door which my father used to work at. The Fiamma Nera had come a long way, it is now a big organisation with hundreds of followers and employees, lots of equipment, money and even an Offshore Rig. To avoid being recognised, I wear dark glasses when necessary.

(Extract from the wiki official biography slightly edited)

The Fiamma Nera

Marco inherited of all the money Gianni kept sealed in secret. Most of his money comes from the usurpation of his own members ; so when they heard of it, they became hostile towards the Bartoli family. But Marco couldn't let his members run away and dissolve the Fiamma Nera, so he used the money to promote the Fiamma Nera instead of the man alone.
In 2001, he built Bartoli's Industries. The siege of Via Caravelli, the administrative headquarters of the mafia/cult.
In 2003, he renovated the quarter controlled by their mafia (Via Caravelli). An embassy, a library and a garrison were built in Bartoli's Industries' quarter. From the library, Marco stored all of the archives he had about the Fiamma Nera, when he found the journals of Gianni Bartoli. Marco remembered how Gianni taught him about the legends of the Dagger of Xian and soon decided to continue what Gianni started ; in memory of his father. Marco didn't have all of the journals as the recent ones were in the Maria Doria so he could only start from the beginning.
In 2004, Claudio (a proud and trusted member of the Fiamma Nera) went to the cavern described in the journal ; it was a long way, for the cavern was below the Great Wall. In the mean time, Marco started to build an oil platform on the Adriatic : Offshore Rig. This would bring the mafia a lot of money to keep the members fed and well treated.
Offshore Rig was finished in 2005, while Marco heard that Claudio was found unconscious in the cavern. When he came back, he reported that he has found a door locked by some sort of key. He also found, an abandoned campsite where an other journal of Gianni was lying on a supply crate. The journal said that the Talion was needed to open the door to the Temple of Xian but the Seraph was needed to open the door that would lead to the Talion buried in the catacombs of the Barkhang Monastery. Gianni said that he would return to his son, once he had found the Seraph. That's where Marco realized that the Seraph would most likely be on the Maria Doria as Gianni was heading back to Venice. The Maria Doria was reported to have sunk in the Adriatic, which means, close to Offshore Rig.
In 2006, they found the wreck of the ship and thus, started to look for the Seraph. Marco took a seaplane with Fabio (the seaplane pilot and informer of the Fiamma Nera) to get to Offshore Rig. Eros, a thug of the Fiamma Nera, found an intruder in the seaplane and neutralized her. She was known under the name of Lara Croft and was then disarmed and locked in a room of Offshore Rig. A small and ancient ship was patrolling near Offshore Rig and was quickly intercepted by the Fiamma Nera. It was a monk of Barkhang Monastery charged of making sure that no one else would take the Seraph. He was... violently interrogated by Marco Bartoli. Right after that, Marco returned to his room when he heard gunshots. The intruder escaped and was killing the members inside Offshore Rig. Marco tried to stop her but she escaped in the waters. At this point, she was considered as dead. The crew that was sent the the wreck reported an intruder. It was Lara Croft. She survived and got in the wreck, stole the Seraph and ran away with the seaplane... Marco ordered his members still in Via Caravelli to rush to Barkhang Monastery before Lara Croft gets here. They did, just in time but the monks weren't that happy to see members of the blasphemous Fiamma Nera so they took their spears and started fighting our members (who fought back of course). But some reported the presence of a woman who helped the monks. Marco finally arrived in Tibet, and has set up a camp at the exit of the Monastery's Catacombs while waiting for Lara Croft to come out with the Talion. She did indeed but she stole one of the jeeps. She got pursued by some members and Marco himself but she escaped before they could get to her. Now it was time to head back to these caverns in China... When they arrived, they saw the door open and the dagger still in place inside the Temple. But where could have gone Lara Croft? Why didn't she took the dagger? These questions were troubling the Fiamma Nera : yet the ritual started. Reports said that Marco did become the Dragon of Xian but was then stopped by Lara Croft who took the Dagger off his heart. Marco, left unconscious in the Dragon's Lair, nearly died this day. When Marco came back to Via Caravelli, he ordered his men, to go to her Manor and steal the Dagger back. They succeeded and Marco kept the Dagger of Xian. He can however, use it at anytime to become once again a Dragon, and take over his enemies. But he promised to himself to not use that kind of power unless his people were in great danger and the situation was hopeless.
In 2009, Marco decided to trade information and to embrace import-export to bring even more money back to the Fiamma Nera that was wasted in the Cult.
In 2010, Marco Bartoli met Sergei Mikhailov, the leader of the Cossack Union. They wanted to establish Marxism in our world. General Mikhailov encountered some problems with Lara Croft too so they decided to ally together and make sure we shouldn't fall at the feet of that woman again.
Later in 2011, Marco encountered the Dr Mark Willard, a Scottish scientist, CEO of RX-TECHNOLOGIES who had a few problems with Lara Croft too. They allied together and then Marco proposed him to join the Cossack Union. He accepted but as he was loyal to Protestantism, the Union had to make compromises and warned him not to spread his religion to Atheist converted states.

(Extract from one of my older document, sorry if the English is not as rich as I would like it to be, maybe I'll edit it when I have the time)

The Collapse of War

In 2012, the recent decisions of Marco Bartoli and Mark Willard led to the downfall of the Cossack Union. Mark Willard betrayed the Cossack Union and formed the Celtic Union between Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, Brittany and the Isle of Man. The rest of Europe was asked to join in an Union for peace. The Roman Empire was formed and Byzantine emperors were chosen to lead it. As for the Fiamma Nera, they were allowed to keep Venice, keep their leader and become a satellite state of the Empire and became the Doge of Venice. General Sergei Mikhailov stayed faithful to the Cossack Union and, due to Marco Bartoli's influence, was able to inherit all of the Slav territories. Peace was finally achieved in Europe.

The Loss of a Leader

Late 2012, the Fiamma Nera was left without a leader. Claudio, the most trustworthy member of the Fiamma Nera was appointed as leader via an election within the organisation in order to keep Venice from merging entirely into the Roman Empire. But where has Sir Bartoli gone? The morale is low, if not for the achieved peace, the Fiamma Nera would have collapsed.

Pony background :

A Brave New World

(currently writing)
To the sins, and fortune, of Marco Bartoli!

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Marco Bartoli on 2014 Jan 07, 10:01:51
[WARNING] May content adult themes, and this is all fiction

(Special thanks to Ramisha for this)

Name : Marco Bartoli
Titles : Sir Bartoli, Doge Bartoli
Type : Unicorn

Specialties :
Human past - Machiavellian ideas
Cult Leadership (Leader of the Fiamma Nera) - Bonus to follower's loyalty
Doge of Venice (Serenissimo dell'Impero Romano) - Bonus to trade and income
Spirit of the Dragon (Dagger of Xian) - Enhanced fire magic
Former Member of the Cossack Union - Friendly towards Marxist behaviour

Human Background :

Marco Bartoli, Son of Gianni

Son of Gianni Bartoli and final leader of the Fiamma Nera cult. I became leader after my father's watery demise and will stop at nothing to get the Dagger of Xian.

I am a ruthless, cunning and powerful man who is surrounded by men who are willing to sacrifice their lives for me because of my position and their devotion to the cult. I am passionate about ancient relics and knows very well the legends of mystical objects like the Dagger of Xian. I seek the powers of these objects, and spent my life doing so. When I was young, my father told me that he possessed the Seraph. Gianni left in his ship, the Maria Doria, once again but this would be his final journey. During my time as leader of the Fiamma Nera, I got rid of my father's Qin Dynasty relics and left the devious traps installed around the mansion. I converted it into my Hideout and also made a similar use of the Opera House next door which my father used to work at. The Fiamma Nera had come a long way, it is now a big organisation with hundreds of followers and employees, lots of equipment, money and even an Offshore Rig. To avoid being recognised, I wear dark glasses when necessary.

(Extract from the wiki official biography slightly edited)

The Fiamma Nera

Marco inherited of all the money Gianni kept sealed in secret. Most of his money comes from the usurpation of his own members ; so when they heard of it, they became hostile towards the Bartoli family. But Marco couldn't let his members run away and dissolve the Fiamma Nera, so he used the money to promote the Fiamma Nera instead of the man alone.
In 2001, he built Bartoli's Industries. The siege of Via Caravelli, the administrative headquarters of the mafia/cult.
In 2003, he renovated the quarter controlled by their mafia (Via Caravelli). An embassy, a library and a garrison were built in Bartoli's Industries' quarter. From the library, Marco stored all of the archives he had about the Fiamma Nera, when he found the journals of Gianni Bartoli. Marco remembered how Gianni taught him about the legends of the Dagger of Xian and soon decided to continue what Gianni started ; in memory of his father. Marco didn't have all of the journals as the recent ones were in the Maria Doria so he could only start from the beginning.
In 2004, Claudio (a proud and trusted member of the Fiamma Nera) went to the cavern described in the journal ; it was a long way, for the cavern was below the Great Wall. In the mean time, Marco started to build an oil platform on the Adriatic : Offshore Rig. This would bring the mafia a lot of money to keep the members fed and well treated.
Offshore Rig was finished in 2005, while Marco heard that Claudio was found unconscious in the cavern. When he came back, he reported that he has found a door locked by some sort of key. He also found, an abandoned campsite where an other journal of Gianni was lying on a supply crate. The journal said that the Talion was needed to open the door to the Temple of Xian but the Seraph was needed to open the door that would lead to the Talion buried in the catacombs of the Barkhang Monastery. Gianni said that he would return to his son, once he had found the Seraph. That's where Marco realized that the Seraph would most likely be on the Maria Doria as Gianni was heading back to Venice. The Maria Doria was reported to have sunk in the Adriatic, which means, close to Offshore Rig.
In 2006, they found the wreck of the ship and thus, started to look for the Seraph. Marco took a seaplane with Fabio (the seaplane pilot and informer of the Fiamma Nera) to get to Offshore Rig. Eros, a thug of the Fiamma Nera, found an intruder in the seaplane and neutralized her. She was known under the name of Lara Croft and was then disarmed and locked in a room of Offshore Rig. A small and ancient ship was patrolling near Offshore Rig and was quickly intercepted by the Fiamma Nera. It was a monk of Barkhang Monastery charged of making sure that no one else would take the Seraph. He was... violently interrogated by Marco Bartoli. Right after that, Marco returned to his room when he heard gunshots. The intruder escaped and was killing the members inside Offshore Rig. Marco tried to stop her but she escaped in the waters. At this point, she was considered as dead. The crew that was sent the the wreck reported an intruder. It was Lara Croft. She survived and got in the wreck, stole the Seraph and ran away with the seaplane... Marco ordered his members still in Via Caravelli to rush to Barkhang Monastery before Lara Croft gets here. They did, just in time but the monks weren't that happy to see members of the blasphemous Fiamma Nera so they took their spears and started fighting our members (who fought back of course). But some reported the presence of a woman who helped the monks. Marco finally arrived in Tibet, and has set up a camp at the exit of the Monastery's Catacombs while waiting for Lara Croft to come out with the Talion. She did indeed but she stole one of the jeeps. She got pursued by some members and Marco himself but she escaped before they could get to her. Now it was time to head back to these caverns in China... When they arrived, they saw the door open and the dagger still in place inside the Temple. But where could have gone Lara Croft? Why didn't she took the dagger? These questions were troubling the Fiamma Nera : yet the ritual started. Reports said that Marco did become the Dragon of Xian but was then stopped by Lara Croft who took the Dagger off his heart. Marco, left unconscious in the Dragon's Lair, nearly died this day. When Marco came back to Via Caravelli, he ordered his men, to go to her Manor and steal the Dagger back. They succeeded and Marco kept the Dagger of Xian. He can however, use it at anytime to become once again a Dragon, and take over his enemies. But he promised to himself to not use that kind of power unless his people were in great danger and the situation was hopeless.
In 2009, Marco decided to trade information and to embrace import-export to bring even more money back to the Fiamma Nera that was wasted in the Cult.
In 2010, Marco Bartoli met Sergei Mikhailov, the leader of the Cossack Union. They wanted to establish Marxism in our world. General Mikhailov encountered some problems with Lara Croft too so they decided to ally together and make sure we shouldn't fall at the feet of that woman again.
Later in 2011, Marco encountered the Dr Mark Willard, a Scottish scientist, CEO of RX-TECHNOLOGIES who had a few problems with Lara Croft too. They allied together and then Marco proposed him to join the Cossack Union. He accepted but as he was loyal to Protestantism, the Union had to make compromises and warned him not to spread his religion to Atheist converted states.

(Extract from one of my older document, sorry if the English is not as rich as I would like it to be, maybe I'll edit it when I have the time)

The Collapse of War

In 2012, the recent decisions of Marco Bartoli and Mark Willard led to the downfall of the Cossack Union. Mark Willard betrayed the Cossack Union and formed the Celtic Union between Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, Brittany and the Isle of Man. The rest of Europe was asked to join in an Union for peace. The Roman Empire was formed and Byzantine emperors were chosen to lead it. As for the Fiamma Nera, they were allowed to keep Venice, keep their leader and become a satellite state of the Empire and became the Doge of Venice. General Sergei Mikhailov stayed faithful to the Cossack Union and, due to Marco Bartoli's influence, was able to inherit all of the Slav territories. Peace was finally achieved in Europe.

The Loss of a Leader

Late 2012, the Fiamma Nera was left without a leader. Claudio, the most trustworthy member of the Fiamma Nera was appointed as leader via an election within the organisation in order to keep Venice from merging entirely into the Roman Empire. But where has Sir Bartoli gone? The morale is low, if not for the achieved peace, the Fiamma Nera would have collapsed.

Pony background :

A Brave New World

(currently writing)

I could hear the mods approaching here...

Marco Bartoli

2014 Jan 07, 11:10:44 #2 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 07, 12:04:09 by Marco Bartoli
Oh right, by adult themes I mean topics such as politics, religion, etc. There won't be any sexual content here nor the use of drugs. It's very subtle but I prefer to warn just in case. Alcohol may be mentioned and I may threaten anypony who gets in my way ; although I won't use physical violence or verbal injuries.

"It is better to be feared than loved ; if you cannot be both" - Niccolo Machiavelli

Shadow Mare

two questions: Human past? And Lara Croft? From Tomb Raider?

Marco Bartoli

Marco Bartoli was human before turning into a pony. I'm writing some of his past to give more depth to the character and also somewhat justify his eventual inappropriate reactions in Equestria.
And yes, Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. This is the continuation of Tomb Raider II in an alternate ending in which Marco Bartoli survived the dragon form and got the dagger back from Lara's Manor. It's quite interesting to write from the point of view of the main villain from Tomb Raider II.

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Marco Bartoli on 2014 Jan 07, 11:58:38
Marco Bartoli was human before turning into a pony. I'm writing some of his past to give more depth to the character and also somewhat justify his eventual inappropriate reactions in Equestria.
And yes, Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. This is the continuation of Tomb Raider II in an alternate ending in which Marco Bartoli survived the dragon form and got the dagger back from Lara's Manor. It's quite interesting to write from the point of view of the main villain from Tomb Raider II.

So basically your oc, a original character, is actually a real official character from a video game?

Marco Bartoli

Why yes, I've always used this character to represent me. In a way, you could say that I am him ; on the internet at least.

Ramisha

Quote from: Marco Bartoli on 2014 Jan 07, 10:01:51

Titles : Sir Bartoli, Doge Bartoli

Doge lol sorry it's just so funny to me

Marco Bartoli

Oooh, I see what you did there :3

Go Up