Reach for the Gold (Equestria Games RP/game) [Sign Up and more][OOC]

Started by Peace Keeper, 2015 Oct 10, 00:36:59

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julien999

Peace Keeper

But I know for sure people will get confused on what to plug into the equation. The 2nd formula is pretty diverse with how it calculates distance and the first formula wouldn't be too good in estimating. Also, I like everyone to use the same formula in case I make a mistake on the value calculated.

I'll just keep with the simpler one. Probably best for everyone.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Peace Keeper

Just want to give a note for these events coming up, I will give everyone a heads up on how the procedure will follow throughout these events. I will also like to poll for everyone to see which method.For those like the Long Jump and Ball Toss, should we roll 3 in 1 post or should we do 1 at a time and wait till everyone else have a turn to do the cycle again?
-For the 3 in 1, its much easier but gives less commentating if Maple and MMT wish to do play by play commentary. This is the faster method.
-However if we do the 1 at a time, we will have to wait for others. Also as the rules state, if you don't post in 2 days, your roll will be automatically made and the results will be used. Would take a bit longer though.

Long-Jump:
Each competitor takes turn doing a long jump

Ball-Toss:
Each turn

Single Archery:
Each turn

110-Meter Hurdles:
Simultanious (everyone goes at the same time)
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Purple

i suppose whichever one is easier lol :P i'm fine with whatever anyone else wants to do  ^-^

Peace Keeper

For todays events, we will be taking turns until everyone has done their first turn. I will post the results for the first run and we will begin the turns again. Doesn't matter who goes first, I just put that I go first to start off the event.

Just make sure to wait for everyone else to do their post before doing the next trial.

Julien999

As I could see right now, Arco Iris breaks Marble's new record?

Peace Keeper

well pretty much X3
I was ultra surprised by the roll.

Post Merge

My finals are coming up this week so I will be on a long absence till around Thursday. I will post the results soon and start the next event Thursday as well.

Hope ya guys have fun in the intermission times in the RP.

Peace Keeper

I have returned and ready to start the next event. Will post the next event soon.

Also.... I will like to impliment another anti-cheat technique. Time to time I will post something like this every now and then...

Quote---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little bar like that.

Purple

Um.. I might've accidentally messed up my rolls for the first turn of the archery event XP I was a bit confused, so what I did was I typed 1d50 in 3 separate dice rolls(I didn't know what happened when you did 3d50 :P) and then just in case I did it wrong, I put in a spoiler tag the 3d50 roll.  You can use whichever one is the correct roll method, and disregard the other rolls XP sry for any confusion :(

Peace Keeper

@Purple : It is fine. If you did 3 seperate rolls, it is totally okay  ^-^
Forgot to mention 3 1d50 rolls are just as good. Thanks for the heads-up.

Julien999

The 3 times 1d50 roll is really good when you try to make the feels and whatever possible things like what I did. It's better than I thought it will and I'm surprised for the last shot! Tried to find somekind of excuse and voila. x3

Peace Keeper

I will like to implement something every start of the new month. I like to see if everyone seems to participate in the RP and others that I have made, and you probably will be called in another RP of mines if you have signed up somewhere too x3 . Well... let's begin this little test (I am pretty sure all signed-up RPers are active, but I should also add the jump-in/sign-up hybrid and jump-in characters as well)

ROLE CALL! Any response here or a post in the RP will count as your presence here in the RP. I will give everyone 2 weeks to make any response or post. Failure to do so will count as an automatic drop of the RP.

@Maplewood - CHECK
@MMTfan1 - CHECK
@Purple - CHECK
@tonman3509
@_BlazingInfinity - CHECK
@Julien999 - CHECK
@Gamepaw - CHECK
@Misty Fly - CHECK

Julien999

Gamepad

Potato!

Since Game is a pet character, have to rely heavily on others to do things. Specially since he can't climb stairs.

Misty Fly

*Marble stretches herself and waits for the other event*
sorry for that xd and..peace i already did my roll in the current event...i was first to do it...
Magic...

_BlazingInfinity

That moment when you realize that you are an apple...
Toast is amazing.

Peace Keeper

Alright guys. Got a decision for ya guys.

I have been looking at my total scoreboard and I was wondering how to score the ponies in each competition.

Spoiler: Original Scoring System • show

This scoring system only rewards the top 3 athletes in each event.

1st: 5 points
2nd: 3 points
3rd: 1 point
4th: 0 points
5th: 0 points
6th: 0 points
7th: 0 points

Spoiler: Proposing Scoring System • show

This scoring system awards almost all competitors points, with higher points at a higher rank.

1st: 9 points
2nd: 7 points
3rd: 5 points
4th: 3 points
5th: 2 points
6th: 1 point
7th: 0 points

For one, which style of scoring should we use for these events? And second, should we keep the same score or you guys like to adjust the scores?

Purple

personally, i like the idea of there being the top 3, but either way is fine i suppose.  I'm not really sure what you mean by adjust the scores, but i suppose whichever one is easiest for you is fine.  I don't really have a preference lol

Peace Keeper

Hehe so I guess you go for the old scoring system

Sorry if it isn't clear on the second one. It means that you can either keep or propose a change in the scores earned in each position. So for the original the score is 5, 3, 1 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively. You can propose a change in the scores like for example, you can make it like 9, 7, 5 for the top 3.

Go Up