Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Peace Keeper

2015 Oct 07, 21:31:24 #2340 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 07, 21:36:24 by Peace Keeper
Oof I know that feel. Definitely one of the most annoying things in video games.

Post Merge

Oof I know that feel. Definitly one of the most annying things in video games.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

What is it with RPGs railroading the player character into leadership of any organization they join? Elder Scrolls is particularly guilty of this. I'm just some random dude joining a guild who's never heard of me and literally a week later I'm crowned leader over people who have been there for decades. It's ridiculous.

Aela should have been harbinger.
Tolfdir should have been archmage.
Brynjolf should have been guildmaster.
Nazir should have been listener.
Serana should have been Lady of Volkihar.

Imagine you're 40 years old and have been working for the same corporation since you graduated college 2 decades ago. The CEO is retiring and you're a prime candidate for the position after 2 decades of rock-solid numbers. Then out of nowhere some 20 year old scumbag fresh out of college gets hired on as an entry-level flunky and suddenly gets promoted to CEO before he's even out of probation. Yeah, something about that just ain't right.

Lync Volan

well this is annoying but sorta funny too, i'm trying to make a level/toy box where the enemies i made your teammate walk across a str8 line and attack any player or enemy that happens to cross by but it seems like they ignore everyone even when being hit and they just keep walking lol
the funny thing is there huge titans and there just like, i don't feel that try again!

Dark Hooves

This occurred on halo 4, final mission flying the longsword space craft to the objective. I crash right after a checkpoint and die. Every time I respawn I crash in the same place. I so hate that glitch. It forced me to restart the mission.
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2015 Oct 24, 08:32:42
This occurred on halo 4, final mission flying the longsword space craft to the objective. I crash right after a checkpoint and die. Every time I respawn I crash in the same place. I so hate that glitch. It forced me to restart the mission.

Wow. Never experienced something like that.

That mission is fun, but I really hate the 3rd-preson view and just makes an illusion to my eyes that I'll clear the hole, only to tip a corner and explode lol
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

FruffyWuffy

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Oct 16, 05:00:44
What is it with RPGs railroading the player character into leadership of any organization they join? Elder Scrolls is particularly guilty of this. I'm just some random dude joining a guild who's never heard of me and literally a week later I'm crowned leader over people who have been there for decades. It's ridiculous.

Aela should have been harbinger.
Tolfdir should have been archmage.
Brynjolf should have been guildmaster.
Nazir should have been listener.
Serana should have been Lady of Volkihar.

Imagine you're 40 years old and have been working for the same corporation since you graduated college 2 decades ago. The CEO is retiring and you're a prime candidate for the position after 2 decades of rock-solid numbers. Then out of nowhere some 20 year old scumbag fresh out of college gets hired on as an entry-level flunky and suddenly gets promoted to CEO before he's even out of probation. Yeah, something about that just ain't right.

This is absolutely right! Not only this, but the fact that especially in the elder scrolls games, the 'Hero' (player) happens to also be a member of guilds about thieving and such, you can be a hero who has saved countless lives, and then steal all their valuables.
"The Dragonborn is here! hey, where'd my wallet go?"

Puynsi

Sakura_Blossom

The embarrassment of having to ask my little brother for help in destiny...

Arcen

Well, one of the things that i find annoying in video games is that, when you're fighting a boss and you're on the verge on winning, something happens and you screw up, taking damage from something that he does and eventually dies, making you restart the fight all over again  X3

While i think that is nice in a way because when you restart the fight you are waaaay more prepared than the previous one, it still makes me cringe a little by the thought that i could've already advancing in the game without bothering to fight the boss once again lol

Glorified be Chat-O-Landia, where friendship blossoms!

Lync Volan

Once you unlocked all the characters in a 2 player fighting game and the person you with doesn't wanna play that game D:!

LunarDusk

Quote from: Arcen on 2016 Jan 04, 20:15:40
Well, one of the things that i find annoying in video games is that, when you're fighting a boss and you're on the verge on winning, something happens and you screw up, taking damage from something that he does and eventually dies, making you restart the fight all over again  X3

While i think that is nice in a way because when you restart the fight you are waaaay more prepared than the previous one, it still makes me cringe a little by the thought that i could've already advancing in the game without bothering to fight the boss once again lol

Oh If you've played any rpg by Atlus such as Persona or Etrian Odyssey that would be common, even on regular enemies.
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Midnight Breeze

You know why I haven't used power armor much in Fallout 4? Because I can't stand that ugly yellow color that the power armor HUD is stuck in. You can changed to color of the pipboy yet can't changed the power armor HUD, why?

Also it's stupid the way the power armor HUD lacks details that the pipboy has. Namely the distance and altitude difference of map waypoints.

I find a stockpile of psycho with maxed chemist perks and a BioCommMesh to be a sort of power armor lite anyway. If you aren't addicted to psycho, you aren't playing on survival difficulty.

Puynsi

2016 Jan 15, 13:48:22 #2352 Last Edit: 2016 Jan 15, 13:50:16 by Puynsi

Missing with a 98% hit chance.
It doesn't happen many times.
But when it happens, you lose EVERYTHING.

Lync Volan

i mentioned this in another topic but... being too high leveled to have any fun in a game (can also happen if your forced to upgrade too much during one part of the game and you'll never need those upgrades again afterwards but your forced to keep em)

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2016 Jan 16, 01:37:01
i mentioned this in another topic but... being too high leveled to have any fun in a game (can also happen if your forced to upgrade too much during one part of the game and you'll never need those upgrades again afterwards but your forced to keep em)

Inversely, not knowing what level things in the relative area are going to be: something I'm playing right now gives you access to multiple dungeons at once but doesn't give a general level description (or any level description, really), leading you to go wandering in out of curiosity and getting flattened by something 10 levels higher than what you were fighting last time.  It's led me to grind to the point I think I'm overleveled, but I still seem to struggle on story events.  Maybe I'm just not playing to 100% battle capacity...I love RPGs, but I don't exactly plan every move, especially when it's more complicated than single-player Pokemon...

Lync Volan

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Jan 16, 05:47:18
Spoiler: show
Inversely, not knowing what level things in the relative area are going to be: something I'm playing right now gives you access to multiple dungeons at once but doesn't give a general level description (or any level description, really), leading you to go wandering in out of curiosity and getting flattened by something 10 levels higher than what you were fighting last time.  It's led me to grind to the point I think I'm overleveled, but I still seem to struggle on story events.  Maybe I'm just not playing to 100% battle capacity...I love RPGs, but I don't exactly plan every move, especially when it's more complicated than single-player Pokemon...

Yeah if they gave yeah the level of upcoming enemies you could just stick to there level most of the time

to be fair Pokemon is a very simple type of game (the exploring part not so much) 

GuitarBrony

Not so much a complaint on games, but on the people involved (either devs or fans, generally)

I'm tired of people treating criticism and hate as the same thing. like, I can't make a negative comment about a game anymore without being attacked by fanboys/girls who are somehow personally hurt by my "hatred of the game." and that the only reason I "hate" the game is that i'm terrible at it, or I'm trolling, or that I'm somehow trying to tear down the game because I'm afraid it'll overshadow a game I like. or something silly like that.

Criticism isn't hate. nothing is perfect. and the worst thing you can tell an artist is that their work is good when it isn't. Just because I think some aspect of a game is poorly done doesn't mean I want it gone. Nor does it mean I'm insulting fans of it. Heck, a game can be complete rubbish, but I won't hate it. Fable II is one of my favorite games of all time, and yet i can tear it apart with complaints. And even then, i still think its a good game, and not just a guilty pleasure.

long story short. If someone is criticizing part of a game, or a game, they're not necessarily attacking you, as a fan. And also, if someone simply doesn't like a game, that's their opinion. they're not saying you're not allowed to like it, or that you are bad for liking it. Not everyone has to like what you do, and not everyone has to dislike what you dislike.

End of rant. Just something that annoys the ever living crap out of me
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

DarkSpectre

2016 Jan 17, 20:30:42 #2357 Last Edit: 2016 Jan 17, 20:33:23 by DarkSpectre
To me, it's enemies that have a random chance of unleashing a final attack after you've already taken them down. Almost nothing infuriates me more than barely surviving a tough fight, only for the enemy to suddenly explode in dark magic, taking out the final sliver of my health in the process when 90% of the time, they don't. This is made worse when they drop a health item after their loss, offering a compelling reason to move towards them. At a close second is getting poisoned when I'm playing a glass cannon type of character. ovO

Free Hugs!

Lync Volan

Quote from: DarkSpectre on 2016 Jan 17, 20:30:42
To me, it's enemies that have a random chance of unleashing a final attack after you've already taken them down. Almost nothing infuriates me more than barely surviving a tough fight, only for the enemy to suddenly explode in dark magic, taking out the final sliver of my health in the process when 90% of the time, they don't. This is made worse when they drop a health item after their loss, offering a compelling reason to move towards them. At a close second is getting poisoned when I'm playing a glass cannon type of character. ovO
i just imagined taking out a mini boss with remaining low health and as we move on 2 buff type enemies come swinging it to finish us

Chromastone64

Quote from: DarkSpectre on 2016 Jan 17, 20:30:42

"cough"Sion"cough"
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Go Up