The Road to Alpha!

Started by SweBow, 2012 Jul 18, 13:12:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 08, 20:12:40
So Cloudsdale is done. o_o? Or does it still need textures and stuff?

Cloudsdale map is done. As in, they've made a layout of where everything's gonna go. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what it means.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Dats Q

So... I'm guessing this isn't just some guys sitting in a basement banging out code for a pseudo 3D java sand box game, right? (Like THAT would ever happen...) lol

Julius

Sweetness! One step closer to seeing that beautiful city in the skies come to life! :3
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Dats Q on 2012 Nov 08, 21:22:49
So... I'm guessing this isn't just some guys sitting in a basement banging out code for a pseudo 3D java sand box game, right? (Like THAT would ever happen...) lol

Lol, nope. ovO Many, many people on the team, and it's international.

Billow Pillow

2012 Nov 08, 21:46:17 #524 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 08, 21:52:39 by Lyra Heartstrings
If you desire to see all the people on staff, the easiest way to do so is to simply click member at the top of the page, and when than after proceeding to the member page, simply click the position tag twice.  You'll be rather surprised on just how many staff are actually apart of this project, half of them you'll probably never see though... hidden in the shadow.  ovO
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lyra Heartstrings on 2012 Nov 08, 21:46:17
If you desire to see all the people on staff, the easiest way to do so is to simply click member at the top of the page, and when than after proceeding to the member page, simply click the position tag twice.  You'll be rather surprised on just how many staff are actually apart of this project, half of them you'll probably never see though... hidden in the shadow.  ovO

I think there might be even more than that, just not signed up on the forum. After all, isn't Mic the Microphone a voice actor for LoE? I think?

Vertigo

So they are done done with cloudsdale?

Julius

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 08, 23:13:50

I think there might be even more than that, just not signed up on the forum. After all, isn't Mic the Microphone a voice actor for LoE? I think?

Here.

I must say, the new team page looks very good! I hadn't noticed. ^-^
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Nov 08, 23:44:08 #528 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 08, 23:48:41 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Vertigo on 2012 Nov 08, 23:19:48
So they are done done with cloudsdale?

Nope. They're done with the map, which is the layout for where everything is going to go. At least, I'm really sure that's what they mean. Otherwise, they would've just put "Cloudsdale" and not "Cloudsdale map".

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Nov 08, 23:40:50
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 08, 23:13:50

Here.

I still wonder about HoneyDew. That name shows up at the end of the Past Contributors section. I keep thinking "Nah, couldn't be who I think."

Book Smarts

They need to work on the invisible walls to prevent ponies from walking into the abyss

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 08, 23:44:08
I still wonder about HoneyDew. That name shows up at the end of the Past Contributors section. I keep thinking "Nah, couldn't be who I think."

That is funny but I doubt it's him as well.  ovO

Now to wait for the next checkmark, if they got Cloudsdale's map done wonder what's next.

Billow Pillow

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Nov 08, 23:40:50
Here.
I Must admit that method is quite a bit easier than my way of finding them all!  :P
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

SweBow

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 08, 20:15:24
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 08, 20:12:40
So Cloudsdale is done. o_o? Or does it still need textures and stuff?

Cloudsdale map is done. As in, they've made a layout of where everything's gonna go. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what it means.

Yes  ^-^

Weatherboy1

Swe your delivary service is bad! It took 2 months to delivery my CHECK! I demand 1 more for each day you  delayed upon. But I give you points for making the checkmark Blue.... But hey! Another step forward!

Julius

It's green...

But let's stay on topic guys, we don't want this getting locked up again. :l
Purr~

SweBow

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2012 Nov 09, 08:37:39
Swe your delivary service is bad! It took 2 months to delivery my CHECK! I demand 1 more for each day you  delayed upon. But I give you points for making the checkmark Blue.... But hey! Another step forward!

Your request has been denied. Thank you for using SweBow Enterprises Complaint System. Where we has a 100% satisfaction guarantee! This only apply to the SweBow Enterprises

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Nov 09, 11:59:59

Your request has been denied. Thank you for using SweBow Enterprises Complaint System. Where we has a 100% satisfaction guarantee! This only apply to the SweBow Enterprises
so much fine print :P

ANYHOW!  so, there's a new map done, whoo.  But what exactly does walking on clouds entail?  Will the clouds be shaped like marble, or will there be a sort of foggy mist covering everything?  I wonder what the sound of hooves on cloud is like.  Also, you'd think that in a city made for pegasi, there'd be very few actual "roads", since everypony has wings.  Maybe instead of a stree-centered city, it's a building-centered one?  So on hoof it's very inconvenient, but for those with wings it's a breeze flying from place to place, with the doors just a hop, skip and a jump away, doors leading right off the edge of cloud-cliffs and such, the way the "race track" is really just an empty patch of sky with nothing to break falls all the way to the ground miles below.

Of course this might be the case with ANY city; Canterlot, for instance, might be made specifically to be convenient for unicorns, with most things being magic-oriented like door knobs rather than swinging doors and teacups with handles etc.  Inconvenient for Earth ponies and pegasi, but quite normal for unicorns.

It doesn't really make sense to build a cloud city suited for earth ponies, after all, right?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Julius

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 09, 12:08:46
Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Nov 09, 11:59:59

so much fine print :P

ANYHOW!  so, there's a new map done, whoo.  But what exactly does walking on clouds entail?  Will the clouds be shaped like marble, or will there be a sort of foggy mist covering everything?  I wonder what the sound of hooves on cloud is like.  Also, you'd think that in a city made for pegasi, there'd be very few actual "roads", since everypony has wings.  Maybe instead of a stree-centered city, it's a building-centered one?  So on hoof it's very inconvenient, but for those with wings it's a breeze flying from place to place, with the doors just a hop, skip and a jump away, doors leading right off the edge of cloud-cliffs and such, the way the "race track" is really just an empty patch of sky with nothing to break falls all the way to the ground miles below.

Of course this might be the case with ANY city; Canterlot, for instance, might be made specifically to be convenient for unicorns, with most things being magic-oriented like door knobs rather than swinging doors and teacups with handles etc.  Inconvenient for Earth ponies and pegasi, but quite normal for unicorns.

It doesn't really make sense to build a cloud city suited for earth ponies, after all, right?

You make so much sense... But our favorite group of ponies was able to walk around Cloudsdale without a problem, and not every Pegasus was flying all the time.

Perhaps the design had tourists in mind? lol

There should be race exclusive activities in those cities (Like the cloud race track), but it shouldn't be hard to move through a city, no matter your race.

As for the hoof step sounds on clouds... It could easily be silent you know? :]

Also, I like the foggy mist idea! :D
Purr~

Bravo 658

Yeah, keep tourist attractions in mind.  For example, the enchanted stadium for the Wonderbolt derby allowing for non-pegasus audiences in the sky.

The Wandering Magus

Perhaps :]  Maybe certain "easter egg locations" in each city is only accessible EASILY by the races the cities are designed for?  So, to get to, say, a particular "secret" location in Cloudsdale one can either walk for a long time up many flights of stairs and jump across rooftops, or just fly to the location as a pegasus; to get to a "secret" location in Canterlot one can walk or try flying through long halls or just use a door-handle turning spell as a unicorn (lol); to get to a "secret" location in Ponyville one can try using fireballs or wing gusts, or just push the boulder aside with strenght as an Earth Pony, etc?

Little things like that, not "necessary", but fun to do.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Go Up