I made a little 2d pony chatroom! Join me! :)

Started by ajf, 2012 Oct 12, 15:45:41

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ajf

Quote from: ChocolateRain on 2012 Nov 16, 13:38:38
You mean a screen resolution of 800x600 or an IFrame where the site is placed in? If for the screen resolution you could reduce the font size for those as at that resolution smaller ones are still readable. This could be accomplished via e.g. media queries...
Nope, the iframe. I've asked more than once for them to resize it, I don't think they have yet.

ChocolateRain

Tried it out. There's already a problem with long messages containing wide characters in combination with a long username. You can easily get the text overflow. Perhaps a solution could be to get the width of the iframe / window, set a fixed width for the first two columns and let use the rest of the space. The last column could then be forced to break (at whitespaces or within the word if it's only one long word).

All work and no candy makes Choco a dull colt!
deviantArt

ajf

Oh yeah, quite a few things changed since I last posted here, so uh, yeah.

Tiger

Just went on a 300 ponyquestions trivia spree because of Lyra_Heartstrings ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

ajf

http://berrypunch.net/stats.php

PinkieDianePie has no life...

>.< er, that is, um, she has a great life!

Profiles! Private messaging! Friends list! Gala outfits!

Yep, big update!

- Profiles! Click on someone's name and you'll see their "profile", and be able to visit their house, send them a PM, go to the room they're in, add them as a friend...
- Friends list! You can add someone as a friend and then use the list to keep track of them. It's not reciprocal though - if you add them, you won't automatically appear on their list
- Private messaging updates! Now there's a little private message chat window that pops up, to replace the old /msg system.
- Gala outfits! Finally.

Room Thumbnails! New chat format!

Plus if a moderator kicks or bans someone, you'll see a message in the chat about it!

ajf

arrow key movement + ponyplace back up

Yes, pp is back up! The phc merger has been cancelled, sorry.

But, you can move about now with the arrow keys! Press TAB to jump to the chat box.

Now you can buy a magic shrinking potion from the Carousel Boutique!

Go there and buy the Avatar Shrinker for 200 bits. Then, open your Inventory (not your Avatar Inventory), and click "SHRINK AVATAR". Voila! You will become a teeny pony. If you want to go back, just click "GROW AVATAR". :)

JetStream

ajf

ponyplace is now schnitzelVerse

ponyplace has been killed and replaced by schnitzelVerse, which is similar to ponyplace but more customisable. You can make your own rooms, wear your own avatars, etc.

http://schnitzelverse.ajf.me/

this thread is being locked now

ajf

After 8 months of being dead... ponyplace has been revived. And the awful features removed.

http://pp.ajf.me/ :D

Tiger

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Go Up