What Kind Of Brony Are You?

Started by GoldenTerrabyte, 2013 Jul 26, 10:56:40

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

Are you the type who spends their time watching YouTube videos or fan fictions or fanart?
Or maybe you're the collector type? Your room filled with merchandise galore?
Me? I'm the "watch the show and roleplay on forums" type, I've seen like 3 MLP YouTube vids, I know less than half the background ponies' names, and I have one piece of merchandise, a 2013 calendar. However I'm huge on forums. 8 OCs,(soon to be 9!) roleplay a lot.
I'm back

BerserkerBrony

I'm the former.  I don't own any MLP merchandise nor do I plan to.  I go to FiMfiction to read fanfics most of the time with a sprinkle of youtube pony vids.  The vague world of equestria makes it fun to speculate so I like to look into different head canons, theories and ideas to see what fun viewpoints a creative could perceive.  Obviously I have my own head canon, but I'll save for those who are interested.

I don't have a pony OC, strange as it may sound but I would prefer to have a human persona over a pony.  As you may guess, I do not roleplay so sorry to disappoint :c .  I am starting to learn how to draw ponies and I have a MLP fanfic idea on the back burner so I might slip into the creative brony crowd when I actually post something.

So that the type of brony I am.  Nothing too special but not too generic either. 

GoldenTerrabyte

You're the type I like. Some just bug me. I hate the type who think they're super cool because they know every background pony and every quote. And where do they all find those spoilers and stuff they always do? Remember before Magic Duel, people found screenshots of it? Where did those come from? Does a brony know one of the people making it or something?
I'm back

BerserkerBrony

I don't know EVERY pony there is to know, but I have a healthy knowledge of the ones every brony should know.  For the last part of your comment, I'm not too sure, I can guess that someone on DHX or Hasbro's crew leaked it or it was shown somewhere else first before us.  Either way I don't try to hunt them down myself but I will take a peek if I come across it.

moonbeam16

I watch the show, have a couple of figurines, LOOOOVE to RP, and I try to learn how to play the music.  Like, really hard.  I love music.

lemongrass

I have watched EVERY SINGLE EPISODE, I don't have any merchandise, although I do enjoy drawing ponies. I drew all of my friends as their pony selves  :)
I do go on the forums a lot and roleplay as ponies.

moonbeam16

I've watched every single episode so far (a lot of them more than once), and Equestria Girls.  However, try as I might, I can't draw worth nothin'.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: lemongrass on 2013 Jul 26, 13:08:01
I have watched EVERY SINGLE EPISODE, I don't have any merchandise, although I do enjoy drawing ponies. I drew all of my friends as their pony selves  :)
Wow! You're me!
I'm back

lemongrass

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jul 26, 14:09:20
Quote from: lemongrass on 2013 Jul 26, 13:08:01
Wow! You're me!

LOL!   :P

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: NightWish on 2013 Jul 26, 14:28:43
I guess you could say I'm a merchandiser, but I'm certainly not a collector. I have two or three shirts, four posters, a set of the first wave of cards, and all of the comics.
Where do you get the comics? I can't find them in Barnes&Noble!
I'm back

Azure

I've watched every episode and I'm not too big on it.
It's more of a way to keep conversation flowing.
The fandom can make some cool things though.
3DS Friend Code: 1091-8504-5380
BE THERE AND BE SQUARE
Spoiler: show

this'll have ponies one day
Skype in the off chance that you'd like to talk to me: AzureLancet

Jack_Daft

A terrible one.

I suppose I'm a fan on a minor scale.  I've watched all the episodes, bought the mane 6 pony figures and out them on my entertainment stand, read a grand total of two fanfics, and I browse around broni-booru on a rare occasion. I've role played quite a bit as a furry, but to be honest I'm skittish about role playing MLP stuff. Though, I really look forward to RPing in Legends of Equestria. I've also listened to a good deal of Brony music too. The chiptune and euro beat versions of the show's songs are great.  :3

Pony OC? I suppose I have one that was made primarily for LoE. "Bucky Geldin".  I still haven't solidified an appearance nor much of a biography. I swear I'll get around to it.   :c

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Jack_Daft on 2013 Jul 26, 18:28:35
A terrible one.

I suppose I'm a fan on a minor scale.  I've watched all the episodes, bought the mane 6 pony figures and out them on my entertainment stand, read a grand total of two fanfics, and I browse around broni-booru on a rare occasion. I've role played quite a bit as a furry, but to be honest I'm skittish about role playing MLP stuff. Though, I really look forward to RPing in Legends of Equestria. I've also listened to a good deal of Brony music too. The chiptune and euro beat versions of the show's songs are great.  :3

Pony OC? I suppose I have one that was made primarily for LoE. "Bucky Geldin".  I still haven't solidified an appearance nor much of a biography. I swear I'll get around to it.   :c
A few questions:
What's broni-booru?
What's a furry?
And a statement:
You're not a terrible one. Because you're good in that you're not super obsessed.
I'm back

Checker Flash

I've watched most of the episodes so far, I have five of the toys and a tee as well. I also love drawing fanart c:

You know, I actually started off hating it at first because, as a 9-year-old, I liked gen 3 because it was all I knew. It took me two years to realise how ugly that generation was, and when I moved schools last year, my new best friend showed me a couple of episodes and then I was hooked.

I used to mess around with the models in Gmod as well until my desktop died.

Mystery0123

I am a video-watching brony, I don't watch many YTP about it, but I often watch videos and listen to songs based off MLP
Here's a song that was dedicated to Fluttershy! Made by PrinceWhateverer, animated by COBMetalHead
Hey, guys, I am having a rough time with Youtube, there's a hater called Jack Meyer hating on me and my friends and he never stops! He also makes new acc...
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSossil/
It would be much appreciated if you helped with my dilemma...

Jack_Daft

2013 Jul 27, 06:09:12 #15 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 27, 06:11:51 by Jack_Daft
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jul 26, 18:31:52
A few questions:
What's broni-booru?
What's a furry?
And a statement:
You're not a terrible one. Because you're good in that you're not super obsessed.

Sure, I can answer them.

"What's Broni-booru?": Bronibooru is a website where people post post pictures of pony things.  People can comment on individual pictures, tag pictures, and even neatly sort them by popularity, artist, or certain things in a database like format. I highly recommend it!

"What's a furry?": Gah, a loaded question which I'm sure you'll get many different explanations from many different people. A "furry" is loosely an anthropomorphic (a thing that exhibits human like characteristics). Think half animal/half humans and by definition MLP FiM ponies would be considered anthropomorphic. Good examples would be Disney's Robin Hood, Nintendo's Star Fox, and even Sonic the Hedgehog.  Usually it's people who are interested in such things be it art, roleplay, identity, and sometimes lifestyle. Furries are very similar to bronies and some consider Bronies like an offshoot of furries since subculture wise they are pretty similar. Probably the universally accepted explaination can be found on wikifur, particularly this article: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Furry

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

Mystery0123

Quote from: Jack_Daft on 2013 Jul 27, 06:09:12
A few questions:
What's broni-booru?
What's a furry?
And a statement:

Sure, I can answer them.

"What's Broni-booru?": Bronibooru is a website where people post post pictures of pony things.  People can comment on individual pictures, tag pictures, and even neatly sort them by popularity, artist, or certain things in a database like format. I highly recommend it!

"What's a furry?": Gah, a loaded question which I'm sure you'll get many different explanations from many different people. A "furry" is loosely an anthropomorphic (a thing that exhibits human like characteristics). Think half animal/half humans and by definition MLP FiM ponies would be considered anthropomorphic. Good examples would be Disney's Robin Hood, Nintendo's Star Fox, and even Sonic the Hedgehog.  Usually it's people who are interested in such things be it art, roleplay, identity, and sometimes lifestyle. Furries are very similar to bronies and some consider Bronies like an offshoot of furries since subculture wise they are pretty similar. Probably the universally accepted explaination can be found on wikifur, particularly this article: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Furry

In that case, I'm actually a furry, a furry that likes to take care of furry animals and be all furry-like :P
Really, though, I am always roleplaying Fluttershy
Hey, guys, I am having a rough time with Youtube, there's a hater called Jack Meyer hating on me and my friends and he never stops! He also makes new acc...
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSossil/
It would be much appreciated if you helped with my dilemma...

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: NightWish on 2013 Jul 26, 21:45:28
Can someone not be obsessed with ponies and still be a good fan?
Yes.
I'm back

Ramisha

2013 Aug 12, 09:46:41 #18 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 13, 07:12:53 by Ramisha
I'm the normal person,I watched almost the whole first season but still didn't finish it,and then I forgot about watching the ponies.I like them but I prefer wasting my time on video games than videos.
I'm not a fan of any Facebook pony pages either. There's too many of them and they annoy me.
edit: I also like to draw ponies(in my own style,I can't emulate the show style)

hyper drive [HD]

i guess i am that kind of brony that likes fan made music art animations all that and occationally ill rewatch an episode of mlp.

Go Up