Brony Haters Depress me

Started by Redacted, 2014 Sep 20, 00:39:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Redacted

From what is see, lots of people hate bronies... But why? Half are just Trolls, but what about the rest? They must have a genuine reason, and if they dont then... Well i guess there just trolls... But if they do have a genuine reason what could it be? I hate how they always refer bronies to "Grown Men" who like ponies. Im only 12 and i a brony... *sigh* I guess they just dont like change... Figures...

Chishio Kunrin

There are a number of different reasons why people hate bronies. It varies from person to person.

One is that bronies break a gender stereotype. People become upset when they encounter something out of the norm. It's different from what they expect to happen, which is frightening and confusing. People don't like things that they don't understand. They don't like things that are too different. This behavior pretty much extends beyond things like bronies.

Most of the other reasons have to do with how some bronies act, however.
Some people are pretty neutral about bronies until they run into bronies who're really rabid and obnoxious about MLP, especially if these bronies try to force MLP on them. This kind of behavior toward non-bronies breeds hatred and reinforces anti-bronies' hatred. They generalize that bronies are annoying people who try to force MLP on others, act obnoxiously, lash out at people who don't like MLP, etc.

People also don't like bronies who forget that the MLP merchandise from Hasbro is still aimed at little girls, not us. The show may be aimed at the entire family now, but Hasbro's merch is not. That's why we have third party companies like Funko paying for the right to produce MLP merchandise for us.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Mizuki

It's also important to not let haters get you down :) There are some people who have perfectly valid reasons for hating the brony fandom, (bad experiences, feeling unsafe among them, etc) but that doesn't mean that those people's feelings should affect yours personally. (I mean it's always important to be aware of your fandom's criticisms so that you can work toward making positive change, but you're still young and innocent, so you needn't worry about any of that right now)

I could go on about haters vs bronies and all the delicate nuances of all that mess, but I think it's easier to just post this quote by Bernard M. Baruch:
Quote"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Tiger

Sometimes, people hate for the sole sake of hating. Haters gonna hate, as they say.

Some haters may also hate/troll just to watch the angry reactions from their victim. Like a bully, really. To counter this, just answer them in the most polite way possible. They'll usually leave you alone if you do that.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Redacted

-ReiMar-

And I'm not a brony, just a big fan of the show) Not here for ponies, but for the story)
;)

Scarlet Dusk

I'm seventeen and I am a brony. It isn't a bad thing, anypony who hates on us bronies is kidding themselves.
Fate has been cruel and order unkind. :c

Go Up