Re-animating extracted models

Started by Schala, 2015 Aug 17, 23:28:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Schala

2015 Aug 17, 23:28:15 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 17, 23:44:55 by Schala
Hornet mob, extracted from asset files, re-rigged and re-animated

http://cdn.squares.im/brony/pic/photo/2015/08/11497a37a0fb393224cd64f1daf05d35.gif
In Equestria, there is real happiness. It hides in the brightest light, and in the most ordinary of places. Between the world we see, and the ponies we love, there are doors. When they are opened, friendship... becomes reality.
-- Anthony Call

Gypsy

2015 Aug 18, 13:58:39 #1 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 19, 03:46:09 by Gypsy
I love this model and the animation, so smooth! Nice work and keep it up!

Schala

Thanks! I got some complaints about the wings, so unfortunately the model can't really be repaired easily. It'd be easier to retopologise and re-rig it, and I'm doing just that
In Equestria, there is real happiness. It hides in the brightest light, and in the most ordinary of places. Between the world we see, and the ponies we love, there are doors. When they are opened, friendship... becomes reality.
-- Anthony Call

Gypsy

Well I think you should just ignore them, you're work is very good! And I am envious!  X3 I can't wait to see the new model and  I hope it works out well for you.

Schala

-- Anthony Call

Gypsy

2015 Aug 19, 04:41:53 #5 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 19, 04:46:03 by Gypsy
Quote from: Schala on 2015 Aug 19, 03:47:29

My goodness, that's amazing, I love the howling part! Funny audio too, Could you maybe do one walking? Would love to see that, and hope to see more amazing-ness from you.  ^-^

Schala

Ehh... walk cycles aren't my strength. I mean I try but... something's odd about the result.
-- Anthony Call

Gypsy

2015 Aug 19, 04:47:18 #7 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 19, 04:49:10 by Gypsy
I'd still like to see you try, the more you try, the more you'll get better! But if you don't want to, I wont force you into anything. Do you have anything else to show?  :D

Schala

Eventually going to, because I'm doing an LoE reboot in Unreal Engine. Same engine Kingdom Hearts 3 and Shenmue 3 are being made in.
-- Anthony Call

Gypsy

Well I looks forward to it, are you any good at modeling ponies? Or other animals from My Little Pony?

Schala

Sort of. Also, I didn't model these. I extracted them from the LoE game, rigged, and animated them.
-- Anthony Call

Gypsy

Ah right, maybe you should watch the mlp walking cycle and try to copy it and work with it's flow? Might get you started!

Schala

-- Anthony Call

Gypsy

This is really good, but if you want some advice, i think her arm moves a little too quick. Sorry if it's to do with the audio I don't have sound on right now.  :I

CrabApple

Not going to lie, all of your animations needs some work. In many places it looks jerky and jumpy. Some places need to me smoothed out and perhaps a little bounce needs to be added. In animation its essential to show the weight of what your animating. have you ever noticed how a large dragon lumbers around slowly, yet a spider skitters about? The difference is in the weight.

The Timberwolf for example looks like its moving its heavy head up and down with unusual ease and speed, where in reality there would be at LEAST a tiny bit of drag and bounce.

As for rainbow dash playing the guitar... that arm....  DD:

The hornet looks nice, I see the legs moving up and down there, were you trying to make it look like they were bouncing when the hornet moves up and down? As they are now they appear to be just pointlessly moving around. The wings have a basic flap to them, although it would produce a much nicer result if you were to tilt the wings as well, rather than just having them wag back and forth. The wings now would produce no lift whatsoever for the hornet.

Here you can see theres much more going on than a simple wag.
[move=9][/move]

Schala

Eh well, nothing's perfect. As for the guitar... I'm not about to animate the actual finger movement... because I don't know how to play myself, nor can I because one of my arms is handicapped. I did laugh at the result though.
-- Anthony Call

Go Up