Campfire Stories sign-up thread

Started by Onyx Quill, 2017 Sep 06, 14:08:05

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Onyx Quill

2017 Sep 06, 14:08:05 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 06, 14:10:58 by Onyx Quill Reason: Link added
Sign up for Campfire Stories: https://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=16742.new#new

Scenario: This RP is inspired by the MLP episode "Camp Fire Tales." The premise is that you're with a group of travelling companions going from place to place by hoof. It's nighttime, and you've pitched your tents in a wooded area. To pass the time, you tell jokes, stories, sing songs, toast marshmallows, etc.
It's a sign-up, because these travelling groups tend to be small. 5 ponies per group. If enough people want to take part, we can set up multiple groups out camping. Basically, it's a place to tell stories. Tall-tales, scary stories, funny stories, lovey-dovey stories, anything you can imagine. Be creative. Within the rules of course.

There will be a max of five ponies per group. For every five we get, we'll make a new group. The first to sign up in a new group can set up the scenario. Try to keep it with the camping theme, but they don't have to be traveling from Manehattan to Canterlot like Onyx's group.

When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

Onyx Quill

Group one will be Onyx Quill plus four others, if anyone wants to sign up of course. :)
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

Gamepaw

Spoiler: Gamepaw - Chubby Wolf • show
Name: Gamepaw
Species: Wolf
Colours: General base fur colour is a dark Navy (#453b66), He has multiple patches of (#8c73c9), longer, fluffy fur (#765fa7) such as around his (#5a4e86) hind legs or his neck. (#816bbb) Which are multiple shades of lighter purple (#7062a7). On the tips of his paws and his inner ears he has a pale purple (bba6ff). He also has a dark to light blue gradient tail and mane. Which goes from the darker (#42459a) to the much lighter (#7d8df1). He also has light blue eyes (#74d4ff). His pawpads happen to be a lighter blue-ish purple in colours (#9d94fb).
Personality: Gamepaw is a fairly outgoing wolf, not to shy down from anything, bullies and the like. He tends to be kind, fatherly or loving, enjoying looking after others and will even put himself in the way if he sees something he doesn't like. He also tends to very food absorbing, commonly seen eating some sort of baked good, mainly pie as his favourite.
However as a feral or a pet character, he is fairly helpless due to his chubbiness getting the better of him, he can also be scared or become afraid very easily, due to his large weight and general helplessness if he knows something will happen and he knows he can't get away or escape.
Physical Description:  A pudgy wolf by no doubt as his constant snacking catches up with him, but it doesn't cause him much of an issue outside of his feral/pet form. Comparatively being a lot skinnier than the four legged counterpart. As an anthro character he also sometimes has a long extended tail, capable of wrapping around things such as others or his neck like a scarf. As a pet, he can normally been seen with a purple collar on, however it keeps having to be replaced due to his weight and size.
Short Backstories: (Specific backstories for certain universes e.g Pokemon, Fallout)
Feral/Wild:
Being a lazy wolf Game got chubby fairly quickly and failed at keeping up with his fellow pack, who had eventually disowned him and left him to his own devices. Being the slow wolf that he was he found it incredibly difficult to keep himself fed, as all the animals were too fast for him. He eventually settled for mainly grown things, such as berries or fallen apples. Occasionally having to eat meat, the only sources he could find are ones he had to find already passed their prime or those that required digging up.

I`m thinking that he may just show up wanting food and end up staying, not a story teller but a watcher and reactor and for comedy side bits :)

ScarletInk

:D Ohohohohohoho, can I join in, can I, can I, please? :D

Spoiler: show
Name: Scarlet Ink

Species: Earth Pony

Appearance:

Personality: kind and maternal, can get overbearing and reckless when faced with danger or needs to protect somepony else; also impulsive, doesn't always reflect before acting

"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Onyx Quill

2017 Sep 06, 17:28:17 #4 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 06, 17:51:09 by Onyx Quill
 [/quote] Ohohohohohoho, can I join in, can I, can I, please? [/quote]

Sure. :) You're in Onyx's group. They're schlupping along from Manehattan to Canterlot. :)

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Gamepaw on 2017 Sep 06, 16:26:26
Spoiler: Gamepaw - Chubby Wolf • show
Name: Gamepaw
Species: Wolf
Colours: General base fur colour is a dark Navy (#453b66), He has multiple patches of (#8c73c9), longer, fluffy fur (#765fa7) such as around his (#5a4e86) hind legs or his neck. (#816bbb) Which are multiple shades of lighter purple (#7062a7). On the tips of his paws and his inner ears he has a pale purple (bba6ff). He also has a dark to light blue gradient tail and mane. Which goes from the darker (#42459a) to the much lighter (#7d8df1). He also has light blue eyes (#74d4ff). His pawpads happen to be a lighter blue-ish purple in colours (#9d94fb).
Personality: Gamepaw is a fairly outgoing wolf, not to shy down from anything, bullies and the like. He tends to be kind, fatherly or loving, enjoying looking after others and will even put himself in the way if he sees something he doesn't like. He also tends to very food absorbing, commonly seen eating some sort of baked good, mainly pie as his favourite.
However as a feral or a pet character, he is fairly helpless due to his chubbiness getting the better of him, he can also be scared or become afraid very easily, due to his large weight and general helplessness if he knows something will happen and he knows he can't get away or escape.
Physical Description:  A pudgy wolf by no doubt as his constant snacking catches up with him, but it doesn't cause him much of an issue outside of his feral/pet form. Comparatively being a lot skinnier than the four legged counterpart. As an anthro character he also sometimes has a long extended tail, capable of wrapping around things such as others or his neck like a scarf. As a pet, he can normally been seen with a purple collar on, however it keeps having to be replaced due to his weight and size.
Short Backstories: (Specific backstories for certain universes e.g Pokemon, Fallout)
Feral/Wild:
Being a lazy wolf Game got chubby fairly quickly and failed at keeping up with his fellow pack, who had eventually disowned him and left him to his own devices. Being the slow wolf that he was he found it incredibly difficult to keep himself fed, as all the animals were too fast for him. He eventually settled for mainly grown things, such as berries or fallen apples. Occasionally having to eat meat, the only sources he could find are ones he had to find already passed their prime or those that required digging up.

I`m thinking that he may just show up wanting food and end up staying, not a story teller but a watcher and reactor and for comedy side bits :)

Sure. :P Onyx would probably give him some food. :)

ScarletInk

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2017 Sep 06, 17:28:17Ohohohohohoho, can I join in, can I, can I, please?

Sure. :) You're in Onyx's group. They're schlupping along from Manehattan to Canterlot. :)

Thaaaaaanks! :D
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Thunder Spin

Sounds interesting

Spoiler: Lightning Key • show
Name: Lightning Key
Personality: Adventurous, determined, free. Likes only kinds of strong animals as she is strong herself. Hates to be called beautiful or girly by anybody (except her future crush) , loves cuddles and hugs even though she doesn't show it
Race: Pegasus
Height : 3'7
Talent: Making the weather stormy. She succeeds that easily.
Family : Comet Flash (father, 57 - house maker, pegasus) Nightlight Swirl (mother, 54 - baker, pegasus) Water Rain (sister, 16 - student at senior high school, pegasus) , Silver Cloud - Maple Clouds (twin brothers, 5 - toddlers, pegasi) Cancer Lever (brother, 18 -  senior high school student, pegasus. The entire family thought he's dead, although he's alive)
How she got her cutie mark?: Flying to the skies in a sunny day is something she used to hate/still hates . Not knowing how to do it and if she could, Lightning wanted to make the weather more ... dark. She was roaming around the sky to find a way to do it. The easiest way  (putting clouds in the sky)  hadn't passed from her mind yet. After a long while she finally got a way. Every year she was putting more clouds and jumping on them more easily, so she got her CM in her 7.

Bio: Born into a farm, Lightning was born hardly, onto straw. Her sister was two years old then and she was at her aunt's house. Her mother hoped Lightning wasn't going to be such a noisy baby like her sister, but she was wrong. She was even more noisy than her sister. Her mother almost died after she got her born. But she became better after the doctors and nurses took care of her inside the hospital and after nine years she was able to give birth to two twin males. Now, back to Lightning Key's life.When she got older , all the girls in about her age were pretending they were older. Lightning hated that .

In her school, fillies didn't want to play with her because she was boyish and colts didn't play with her because she was a filly. She wanted to get rid of all of them, so she often wrote on their notebooks. She hated life. Lightning is somepony that would be flying all the day. That didn't make her cutie mark appear and many kids on her neighborhood were bullying her and calling her "blank-flank". Lightning talked back to them and most of her bullies didn't bully her. And all her childhood bullies have stopped bullying her since a long time. Except for one. One that Lightning hates. Force Chaser. He always tries to find something to comment to her. How awful it would be , he would comment it to make her feel bad. How many times has Lightning contradicted him? More than 80!

In her 12s, she had gone on a camping , sadly Force was in, into the Everfree Forest. It wasn't scary at all for her. Only in the begin. The last day of the camping, in the morning before anyone wakes up , she went to a deep lake to take a morning bath, when suddenly a crocodile pulls her inside the water. She almost drowned. Before losing her mind, she succeeded to give a hard kick to the crocodile, making him leave embarrassed about the situation. Her back legs and wings were caught by water plants, so the camp leader and the others didn't notice her. A few minutes after she drowned, she woke up and drank water. She remembered what had happened, and swam out of the lake. It was afternoon and she was hungry. She killed a turtle and ate it. At night, she saw a flashlight and thought they finally found her. But for her bad luck , it was Force Chaser who was holding the flashlight. He dropped the flashlight on her head, sure that she won't react . Lightning really wanted to kill him, but her powers left her and she slept there. Her parents were very worried about her. Same for her sister. Lightning is living alone inside Everfree and she tours every new comers. Her family thinks she is dead and they blame Force Chaser for her death. They even had a betrayal for her.

DrifterCrow

Emural wishes to join.

Spoiler:  Shadow "Emural" Walker • show
Name: Shadow Walker
Alias: Emural
Race: Earth Pony
Height: 5 ft.
Weight: 235 lbs.

Appearance: Emural has a black mane and tail with dark grey streaks. His coat is black and his eyes are maroon. His cutie mark is a light blue rune magic circle. He wears a black trench coat, which is big enough to hide his cutie mark and large black leather saddle bags. He also wears a black cloth that is wrapped around his eyes.

Magical Detector
Contractor
Village Representative

Personality: While he often shows an emotionless face, he does have emotions and personalities. He has concern over others similar to himself, his home village, and towards his friends. He is calm, even in tense or dangerous situations, he always keeps his cool. He can think in a long term effect or think and react quickly in a fast-paced environment. He is aware of his surroundings, even to the most faintest of sounds and sight.
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Thundergirl on 2017 Sep 07, 07:41:13Sounds interesting

Spoiler: Lightning Key • show
Name: Lightning Key
Personality: Adventurous, determined, free. Likes only kinds of strong animals as she is strong herself. Hates to be called beautiful or girly by anybody (except her future crush) , loves cuddles and hugs even though she doesn't show it
Race: Pegasus
Height : 3'7
Talent: Making the weather stormy. She succeeds that easily.
Family : Comet Flash (father, 57 - house maker, pegasus) Nightlight Swirl (mother, 54 - baker, pegasus) Water Rain (sister, 16 - student at senior high school, pegasus) , Silver Cloud - Maple Clouds (twin brothers, 5 - toddlers, pegasi) Cancer Lever (brother, 18 -  senior high school student, pegasus. The entire family thought he's dead, although he's alive)
How she got her cutie mark?: Flying to the skies in a sunny day is something she used to hate/still hates . Not knowing how to do it and if she could, Lightning wanted to make the weather more ... dark. She was roaming around the sky to find a way to do it. The easiest way  (putting clouds in the sky)  hadn't passed from her mind yet. After a long while she finally got a way. Every year she was putting more clouds and jumping on them more easily, so she got her CM in her 7.

Bio: Born into a farm, Lightning was born hardly, onto straw. Her sister was two years old then and she was at her aunt's house. Her mother hoped Lightning wasn't going to be such a noisy baby like her sister, but she was wrong. She was even more noisy than her sister. Her mother almost died after she got her born. But she became better after the doctors and nurses took care of her inside the hospital and after nine years she was able to give birth to two twin males. Now, back to Lightning Key's life.When she got older , all the girls in about her age were pretending they were older. Lightning hated that .

In her school, fillies didn't want to play with her because she was boyish and colts didn't play with her because she was a filly. She wanted to get rid of all of them, so she often wrote on their notebooks. She hated life. Lightning is somepony that would be flying all the day. That didn't make her cutie mark appear and many kids on her neighborhood were bullying her and calling her "blank-flank". Lightning talked back to them and most of her bullies didn't bully her. And all her childhood bullies have stopped bullying her since a long time. Except for one. One that Lightning hates. Force Chaser. He always tries to find something to comment to her. How awful it would be , he would comment it to make her feel bad. How many times has Lightning contradicted him? More than 80!

In her 12s, she had gone on a camping , sadly Force was in, into the Everfree Forest. It wasn't scary at all for her. Only in the begin. The last day of the camping, in the morning before anyone wakes up , she went to a deep lake to take a morning bath, when suddenly a crocodile pulls her inside the water. She almost drowned. Before losing her mind, she succeeded to give a hard kick to the crocodile, making him leave embarrassed about the situation. Her back legs and wings were caught by water plants, so the camp leader and the others didn't notice her. A few minutes after she drowned, she woke up and drank water. She remembered what had happened, and swam out of the lake. It was afternoon and she was hungry. She killed a turtle and ate it. At night, she saw a flashlight and thought they finally found her. But for her bad luck , it was Force Chaser who was holding the flashlight. He dropped the flashlight on her head, sure that she won't react . Lightning really wanted to kill him, but her powers left her and she slept there. Her parents were very worried about her. Same for her sister. Lightning is living alone inside Everfree and she tours every new comers. Her family thinks she is dead and they blame Force Chaser for her death. They even had a betrayal for her.

Welcome aboard! You'll be in Onyx's group. :)

Onyx Quill

Quote from: DrifterCrow on 2017 Sep 07, 09:42:28Emural wishes to join.

Spoiler:  Shadow "Emural" Walker • show
Name: Shadow Walker
Alias: Emural
Race: Earth Pony
Height: 5 ft.
Weight: 235 lbs.

Appearance: Emural has a black mane and tail with dark grey streaks. His coat is black and his eyes are maroon. His cutie mark is a light blue rune magic circle. He wears a black trench coat, which is big enough to hide his cutie mark and large black leather saddle bags. He also wears a black cloth that is wrapped around his eyes.

Magical Detector
Contractor
Village Representative

Personality: While he often shows an emotionless face, he does have emotions and personalities. He has concern over others similar to himself, his home village, and towards his friends. He is calm, even in tense or dangerous situations, he always keeps his cool. He can think in a long term effect or think and react quickly in a fast-paced environment. He is aware of his surroundings, even to the most faintest of sounds and sight.

Welcome to Onyx's camp. It now has four ponies plus a wolf. That's five Members.

Onyx Quill
 Scarlet Ink
 Shadow "Emural" Walker
 Lightning Key
 Gamepaw

Not sure if Gamepaw counts toward the total, since he just wants food. :P Next person to join can either join Onyx's group or start another. Let me know which you prefer.

Nightshade Star

2017 Sep 10, 13:26:53 #11 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 12, 17:39:51 by Nightshade Star
IM JOINING ONYX HERE I COME!

Spoiler: Here comes my fave oc • show
Name: Nightlight Shine
Appearance: A white unicorn with curly black hair tied into a messy ponytail, with a violet streak on the left side of her mane. She has violet eyes and a four-pointed star with a ribbon on the top point as a cutie mark.
Personality: VERY CHEERFUL, IM WARNING YOU! Nightlight is a quick thinker and very clever, but she doesn't really do anything but plan because she's really clumsy, and she has LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND (you get the idea) lots of stories that she can share like it happened yesterday (she has a great memory). When someone is telling a story, she tends to burst in and say parts of the story.
Abilites: When she was about five, she was a natural at astronomy, and in her 20s, learned hardcore magic, mastering it within a year. Her cutie mark represents magic and astronomy.

Other:
 SHE USED TO BE A HUMANNNN!!! She fell into a coma and woke up in Equestria. She's been living here for 5 years so far.

@Onyx Quill

LunarDusk

Huehuehue....guess that makes the start of the 2nd group.... :]

Name: Lunar Dusk
Height: 3ft 2
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Born: Ponyville

Appearance:
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2017 Sep 10, 13:26:53IM JOINING ONYX HERE I COME!

Spoiler: Here comes my fave oc • show
Name: Nightlight Shine
Appearance: A white unicorn with curly black hair tied into a messy ponytail, with a violet streak on the left side of her mane. She has violet eyes and a four-pointed star with a ribbon on the top point as a cutie mark.
Personality: VERY CHEERFUL, IM WARNING YOU! Nightlight is a quick thinker and very clever, but she doesn't really do anything but plan because she's really clumsy, and she has LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND (you get the idea) lots of stories that she can share like it happened yesterday (she has a great memory). When someone is telling a story, she tends to burst in and say parts of the story.
Abilites: When she was about five, she was a natural at astronomy, and in her 20s, learned hardcore magic, mastering it within a year. Her cutie mark represents magic and astronomy.

Other:
 SHE USED TO BE A HUMANNNN!!! She fell into a coma and woke up in Equestria. She's been living here for 5 years so far.

@Onyx Quill

Welcome! You can be in my group. :)

Onyx Quill

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2017 Sep 12, 23:09:39Huehuehue....guess that makes the start of the 2nd group.... :]

Name: Lunar Dusk
Height: 3ft 2
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Born: Ponyville

Appearance:

Welcome. :) I'll put you in my group too. Then we can start another.

Nightshade Star

Julien999

2017 Nov 06, 15:22:30 #16 Last Edit: 2017 Nov 07, 08:23:01 by Julien999
Hello, just passing by and dropping this here. I am not much of a storyteller, but I like to watch/hear the others' stories.

It's not a problem if I am not accepted.
Spoiler: The (supposed) one who shoots those 3 arrows • show

Named herself: Julia or Juliette
Race: Human
Age: She physically looks like a teenager of 15-16 years old, but she actually is 18
Appearance: She was said to have a lighter skin. Not literally white like a ghost but close enough. She has a black messy hair, long to her shoulders. She wears a red coat with a white shirt and a blue sky skirt, a pair of black gloves and a pair of black boots.
Other: Not a expert in archery but enough to be able to use one. She prefers better to use rapiers as her main weapon because it's light and easy to carry. She always like to observes things she is interested and may follow them to try to understand what they does. In this case, ponies.

Because humans do not exist in this world, she observes them in hidding. She always liked to hide and do such things anyways.

Spoiler: And another character (Accepted) • show

Most likely named: Wonder
Known under the name of the Shapshifter.
Race: Most likely seen as a pony. Can also be a pegasus or a unicorn.
Appearance: A white mare with black mane. She also have a strange question mark cutie mark.
Other: She likes to travel and discover new things. Her meeting with Julia is likely the most surprising thing she ends up with because they look alike, especially the hair/mane.
Spoiler: Secret • show

Name: Gold Dust
Race: ghost (formerly a crystal pony)
Appearance: white ghost, you know that. But she was formerly a yellow gold color crystal pony with a bit of red and orange mane. Her cutie mark was somekind of a shining dust. Probably gold.
Other: This ghost is a mystery tied to Wonder. She is always not far from this shapshifter for a reason. Only those with the ability to see ghosts or such can see her. There may be another way to see or hear her.

Either of them is fine. Same if you say both. (I said I am passing by)

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Julien999 on 2017 Nov 06, 15:22:30Hello, just passing by and dropping this here. I am not much of a storyteller, but I like to watch/hear the others' stories.

It's not a problem if I am not accepted.
Spoiler: The one who shoots those 3 arrows • show

Named herself: Julia or Juliette
Race: Human
Age: She physically looks like a teenager of 15-16 years old, but she actually is 18
Appearance: Compared to the other members of her family, she was said to have a lighter skin. Not literally white like a ghost but close enough. She has a black messy hair, long to her shoulders. She wears a red coat with a white shirt and a blue sky skirt, a pair of black gloves and a pair of black boots.
Other: Not a expert in archery but enough to be able to use one. She prefers better to use rapiers as her main weapon because it's light and easy to carry. She always like to observes things she is interested and may follow them to try to understand what they does. In this case, ponies.

Because humans do not exist in this world, she observes them in hidding. She always liked to hide and do such things.

Spoiler: And another character • show

Most likely named: Wonder
Known under the name of the Shapshifter.
Race: Most likely seen as a pony. Can also be a pegasus or a unicorn.
Appearance: A white mare with black mane. She also have a strange question mark cutie mark.
Other: She likes to travel and discover new things. Her meeting with Julia is likely the most surprising thing she ends up with because they look alike, especially the hair/mane.
Spoiler: Secret • show

Name: Gold Dust
Race: ghost (formerly a crystal pony)
Appearance: white ghost, you know that. But she was formerly a yellow gold color crystal pony with a bit of red and orange mane. Her cutie mark was somekind of a shining dust. Probably gold.
Other: This ghost is a mystery tied to Wonder. She is always not far from this shapshifter for a reason. Only those with the ability to see ghosts or such can see her. There may be another way to see her, for exemple, somepony have seen strange thing when Wonder was just passing by. This somepony might have a trauma of somekind.

Either of them is fine. Same if you say both. (I said I am passing by)

Wonder would probably work best if you want to join the group and share stories.

Julien999

Yeah, I think it's better. No need to make anything complicated with a unknown creature like a human on Equestria, then. (There is still something behind)

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Julien999 on 2017 Nov 07, 01:09:49Yeah, I think it's better. No need to make anything complicated with a unknown creature like a human on Equestria, then. (There is still something behind)

Never been a fan of "human in Equestria" stories myself. But to each his own. :) Marching cute ponies at machine gun nests? THAT'S more my speed. :P

Go Up