Possibly another Equestria Girls movie?

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2014 Jan 21, 21:34:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PrincessButton

I, for one, look forward to hearing more about this potential movie and I'm sure I'll enjoy going to see it with all of my friends just as I did with the first one. I hope that the community will not be so hateful of EQG this time around and warm up to the idea.  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

LostSanity

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 22, 19:01:12
Here's a thought: How about we make a REAL MLP movie that ACTUALLY ties into the show and builds upon the story, instead of just making another alternate-universe sideshow that the actually show just pretends never happened.

Call me crazy....

*gives you a standing ovation*
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Teal Turken

I'm seeing a mix between people who want to see this movie made and those who think it's a total waste of Hasbro's time to make it.

I for one want it made and I'm excited to hear about it. I really enjoyed Equestria Girls but it did of course leave a lot of questions about that other world that weren't answered. There are of course things I expect to see in the movie such as how Sunset Shimmer's doing, the other world's reaction (or protocols) of after the prom night with magic all over the place and other things.

I have the very strong sense that Twilight from the poniverse will suddenly be able to take her pony friends with her to the other world, sorta bashing on the story of the first one. x3 I don't see that as much of a big issue, that more Celestia being....Celestia.

The last thing I want to say is that this movie, if made, will have one of three plausible effects.
1. The movie will be so great that it actually supports the first movie's story and makes it better.
2. The movie will be on par with the first film.
3. The movie will be so bad that it makes the first film appear worse.
Obviously there's middle grounds in between varying on the degree of these but this is just the short version.

I really do hope Equestria Girls 2 is made. ^-^

LostSanity

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2014 Jan 23, 14:39:43
I'm seeing a mix between people who want to see this movie made and those who think it's a total waste of Hasbro's time to make it.

I for one want it made and I'm excited to hear about it. I really enjoyed Equestria Girls but it did of course leave a lot of questions about that other world that weren't answered. There are of course things I expect to see in the movie such as how Sunset Shimmer's doing, the other world's reaction (or protocols) of after the prom night with magic all over the place and other things.

I have the very strong sense that Twilight from the poniverse will suddenly be able to take her pony friends with her to the other world, sorta bashing on the story of the first one. x3 I don't see that as much of a big issue, that more Celestia being....Celestia.

The last thing I want to say is that this movie, if made, will have one of three plausible effects.
1. The movie will be so great that it actually supports the first movie's story and makes it better.
2. The movie will be on par with the first film.
3. The movie will be so bad that it makes the first film appear worse.
Obviously there's middle grounds in between varying on the degree of these but this is just the short version.

I really do hope Equestria Girls 2 is made. ^-^

Except for the fact that Season 5 will probably be 13 episodes now.

>:O
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Nesfex

I might be in he minority that actually liked the movie. It is bad, but it was very enjoyable. And I'm okay with the fandom shoutouts as long as they don't break the story.

As for what the next movie might be. I don't want to see the actual mane6 in there. I don't think there will be a good reason for any of them to go to the human world, and I don't think 30 moons have passed. I wish it is something related to the human world, like meeting the other Twilight or how Sunset Shimmer is reform.

I'm really looking forward for this movie... If it happens

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Nesfex on 2014 Jan 23, 21:05:03
I'm okay with the fandom shoutouts as long as they don't break the story.

But...Equestria Girls did break the story...

Night Pony

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Jan 23, 19:10:17

Except for the fact that Season 5 will probably be 13 episodes now.

>:O

*facehoof* For this I wanted a facehoof emote.
What proof do you have of this? Did we miss an announcement somewhere?  o.O Or are you assuming on the sole coincidence that EQG released after season 4? As far as I remember they made 13 episodes because they weren't sure if the show was gonna continue as strong as before so they played it safe so they could've ended everything after it, if it turned out a major disaster.
So please stop spamming hateful and untruthful comments and since you don't like it, go somewhere else to whine about it.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Jinxie Umbra

Pretty sure season 3 only had 13 episodes because of some arbitrary rule about needing a specific number of episodes in a show to be able to market it worldwide. I forget the details. But season 5 will likely have the standard 26 episodes.

Unfortunately, if the rumours about EqG2 are true then it's probably already script-locked and the animators are hard at work right now. Point of no return has already been passed. That would also mean that the writers have moved on to season 5, so it's not all bad news I guess?

I'm annoyed that they went with a second EqG movie. Feels like such a missed opportunity for the show. The two-part season intros and finales tend to feel rushed because they write an epic adventure story and then have to squeeze it into a 45 minute time frame. A movie-length adventure story from the FiM team could have been amazing.

The only real benefit of making an EqG2 instead of a FiM adventure epic is...

Spoiler: show
...for Hasbro to be able to sell "rainbow power" EqG dolls in addition to the ponies after season 4 ends.

MrSpyro

Another EQG would be nice, but the merchandise makes me feel :x
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

dynamite

2014 Feb 03, 04:24:56 #29 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 03, 04:27:21 by dynamite
Equestria Girls is sort of like to me how Super Mario movie was to other people. Why is it tied to "My Little Pony?" They're not ponies... sure their mascot was ponies but come on. It's odd enough that they have skin tones I've never seen on humans but are they even humans? To salt the wound they're in high school dealing with teenage problems.... what the eff?!??!

If we're not careful they will make a live action Equestria Girls movie featuring the next Hannah Montana.

But to be honest I would watch it because I love to cringe.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: dynamite on 2014 Feb 03, 04:24:56
Equestria Girls is sort of like to me how Super Mario movie was to other people. Why is it tied to "My Little Pony?" They're not ponies... sure their mascot was ponies but come on. It's odd enough that they have skin tones I've never seen on humans but are they even humans? To salt the wound they're in high school dealing with teenage problems.... what the eff?!??!

If we're not careful they will make a live action Equestria Girls movie featuring the next Hannah Montana.

But to be honest I would watch it because I love to cringe.

Well, to explain...
1. Hasbro saw how much success their rival, Mattel, has been having with dolls, so they decided "We need to make and sell dolls too! Dolls are totally in right now!" Since Hasbro has advertised their toys using TV shows for decades, they figured they'd select a show that's already successful: My Little Pony. I guess they figured Equestria Girls could be a really good competitor for Monster High. If you haven't seen Monster High dolls before, they don't have human skin colors either, and they're in high school.

2. I'm actually one of the few people who is happy that they decided to make the characters' skin colors the same as their pony counterparts' coat colors. Around the fandom, I've seen a lot of annoying, intolerant comments on people's humanized fanart, insulting the artists for choosing the races they chose for the human versions of the ponies to be. People have fought over their racial headcanons. If Hasbro had chosen real human skin tones, those people would've said "Ha! My headcanon is right, and your art sucks!" or "No, no, NO!! WHY is she (insert race here)?! NO!"

Plus, choosing what races the characters would be would be tricky for Hasbro. I mean, if they made them all white, people would point out that a movie of a TV show that's about love and tolerance has no diversity. If they made them different races, how would they choose what races? They would risk criticism. It was easier to just make them purple, blue, pink, etc.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

dynamite

2014 Feb 03, 16:58:10 #31 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 03, 17:00:20 by dynamite
1. Obviously the dolls were being sold with little girls in mind.

2. Little girls weren't the ones obsessing on what race the ponies would end up, they don't really concern over it. That was mostly the bronies that make a big fuss over it. On race matters it's really a fight between headcanon pride of bronies.

3. It would of been just best not to make them in the first place. Why support them on something that was made to inflate profit and to disdain status quo?

MrSpyro

Well, bronies make up the majority of the audience. 'Nuff said.
Derp race!

dynamite

2014 Feb 03, 17:10:10 #33 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 05, 20:06:38 by dynamite
Quote from: MrSpyro on 2014 Feb 03, 17:03:53

Really? Even if they did Hasbro won't stop MLP from being targeted towards little girls.

http://mlp.derpynews.com/mlp-neilson-ratings-age-comparison/

Ages 2-11 is usually the age they target towards. Now it's not known of those children are male or female but they still don't fit the brony bill.

I would say being around ages 15+ and being male makes you a brony.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: MrSpyro on 2014 Feb 03, 17:03:53

Where do you get that information? Not from actual viewer statistics.

MrEmu

I haven't seen the first EQG movie so I can't comment, I think some ponies here are being a bit harsh about the EQG thing but I DO agree that they should stop focusing on EQG for movies and focus more on MLP.
the main reason I don't like EQG is

1: Lauren Faust didn't like the idea of EQG, if hasbro had waited they could have cashed in on her "Galaxy Girls" thing...
2: it just seems like they want to cash in on the "Monster High" popularity.
3: the MAIN MAIN MAIN reason... it's started a war within the bronies!

And as we all know, "A house divided against itself will not stand." a good quote form Abraham Lincon, I mean hey, he's a pretty smart guy! he got on the penny! :D

FanofRainbowDash

2014 Feb 03, 19:22:37 #36 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 04, 11:55:44 by FanofRainbowDash
Here's a trailer that was OBVIOUSLY edited. How could ANYONE believe THIS?

Night Pony

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Feb 03, 19:18:17
1: Lauren Faust didn't like the idea of EQG, if hasbro had waited they could have cashed in on her "Galaxy Girls" thing...

1. You have the right for your own opinion. Lauren agreed to revise MLP for Hasbro. What she thinks is not of Hasbro's concern. Also Galaxy Girls is something new that they have no right over. Better to take their chances with something that is already successful.
2. They are. After all they are a company and companies strive for the biggest amount of profit.
3. They hardly care about the bronies. It's nice that they get some bonus profit but they are not the main target.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Feb 04, 07:53:43 #38 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 04, 07:55:18 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Feb 04, 04:02:02
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Feb 03, 19:18:17

1. You have the right for your own opinion. Lauren agreed to revise MLP for Hasbro. What she thinks is not of Hasbro's concern. Also Galaxy Girls is something new that they have no right over. Better to take their chances with something that is already successful.
2. They are. After all they are a company and companies strive for the biggest amount of profit.
3. They hardly care about the bronies. It's nice that they get some bonus profit but they are not the main target.

Night Pony's #3 point is especially reflected in the fact that Hasbro themselves continue to focus their toy department on little girls, while letting other companies use their MLP IP to make stuff for bronies. The majority of MLP merchandise that is aimed toward bronies is not from Hasbro, but from other companies like Funko. Hasbro doesn't know how to deal in merchandise for bronies and would rather stick with what they know.
Of course, some background ponies like Derpy, Dr. Whooves (or, as Hasbro calls him, Dr. Hooves), and DJ Pon3 are an exception.

By the way, there are little kids who enjoyed Equestria Girls. I showed it to two little kids I know (a girl and a boy), and they loved it.
The remixed intro made them go "WHOOOOOA!!!!"
They liked the songs.
When Twilight ran off from Flash Sentry, saying "Nonononono" and he said "One no would've been enough," the little girl actually said "Aw.."
They liked the part with the transformations, as well.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

MrSpyro

Quote from: FanofRainbowDash on 2014 Feb 03, 19:22:37
Here's a trailer that was OBVIOUSLY edited. How could ANYONE believe THIS?

that is OBVIOUSLY NOT canon.
Derp race!

Go Up