If they made a gen5...

Started by Rarity Rose, 2013 Aug 19, 03:31:33

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: VioletKnight on 2014 Feb 10, 21:22:28
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 29, 14:24:11

No they wouldn't...

Bronies like MLP for what it is now. There's no need to make a PG-13 series.

Adult =/= profanity. They could make a serious cartoon that appeals to adults as much as children, like Batman: The Animated Series, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Transformers Prime.

But....they ALREADY have that...

WTF

GoldenTerrabyte

Isn't that what the current MLP is?
I'm back

MrSpyro

The thing about a PG-13 series is that 1) It would be contradictory. Ponies and violence just don't mix, and 2) not ALL bronies would like that. For example, I like MLP for its sheer cuteness. There is NOTHING cute about ninja demons. :/
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

VioletKnight

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Feb 11, 14:24:22
Quote from: VioletKnight on 2014 Feb 10, 21:22:28
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 29, 14:24:11

No they wouldn't...

Bronies like MLP for what it is now. There's no need to make a PG-13 series.

Adult =/= profanity. They could make a serious cartoon that appeals to adults as much as children, like Batman: The Animated Series, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Transformers Prime.

But....they ALREADY have that...

WTF

Are you sure about that?

Young Justice- Canceled
Spectacular Spider-Man- Canceled
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes: Canceled
Transformers Prime: Ended

Meanwhile...

Ultimate Spider-Crud: Getting a 3rd season.
Teen Titans Go!: Getting a 2nd season
Ben10: Omniverse: getting a 5th season

No, all the good, serious, shows are being canceled. At least Transformers Prime got a decent conclusion. Hopefully the Hub will keep showing better shows so animation be taken seriously like it was in the 90s. I'd love to see a MLP show with action,  character development, dark themes and story arcs.

Midnight Breeze

Dude, get real, that's just the result of cable networks catering to the target audience. Shows like Ben 10 may not appeal well to us, but generation Z loves it. My parents were baby boomers, and they always hated the cartoons I watched in the 90s. The same cartoons that people in my generation remember as the golden age of Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. Times change, different generations like different things. New age cartoons are not inherently good nor bad, it's just what generation Z likes. I wonder if generation Y knows how old and cranky the sound when they rant about how bad recent cartoons are by their taste. "Them kids these days don't know what real cartoons are!"

So why does FiM appeal so well to generation Y? Simple: Lauren Faust. She worked on the likes of shows like Powerpuff Girls and Foster's, which were popular during out childhood, and brought the same feel of those shows to FiM. Were it not for Faust, I guarantee you the brony community would never have existed.

TLDR: Different generations like different things. It's pretty egocentric of generation Y'ers to think cable networks should cater to our tastes, rather than the current generation of children.

dynamite

Season 5 is going to be Gen5.

VioletKnight

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Feb 13, 08:44:04
TLDR: Different generations like different things. It's pretty egocentric of generation Y'ers to think cable networks should cater to our tastes, rather than the current generation of children.

It just shows that the Cable Networks have a very low opinion of Generation Y, which is why they think they can get away with poor, lazy writing.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: VioletKnight on 2014 Feb 16, 15:02:39
It just shows that the Cable Networks have a very low opinion of Generation Y

Why on Earth would cartoon channels cater to young adults rather than children? Children are their target audience, they give them what they want.

Do Chinese restaurants hate people who prefer Mexican food?

which is why they think they can get away with poor, lazy writing.

Opinion.

I guarentee you 20 years from now generation Z will be looking back on how great today's cartoons were, and how terrible cartoons in 2035 are. Just like our parents said of the cartoons we watched as kids.

dynamite

Apparently we can only get the mexican pizza at Taco Bells. Not a full pan Pizza Hut pizza. Or a chicken wrap at Mcdonalds. Not a Chipotle chicken burrito.

Navy32

I bet G5 would be creepier than G3...

MrSpyro

^ I doubt that. Bronies have left a mark on the MLP world. If the new generation were anything like G3, they'd lose a LOT of fans, so the next gen will, if anything, be even better in order to keep the bronies.
Derp race!

GoldenTerrabyte

What if G5 was actually created BY bronies? If all the people making it were bronies, and it were official, affiliated with Hasbro(or something else on the off chance some other company ended up buying the MLP franchise) then it would be good, and it would be an official G5. Am I right?
I'm back

dynamite

If they make it like past generations it would be a bad move, if they made it like action packed and explosions that would also be a bad move. If anything it should com closer to G4 as much as possible in other words don't make a G5 as long as possible and just keep G4 going.

Night Pony

They will probably make it similar to G4 due to the success it was. That will be the most logical decision though if they want to get rid of the older demographic and focus solely on little girls, they may revert to something like the past generations.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

MrSpyro

But bronies and pegasisters are about 50% of the fans. Making G5 for the little girls will just result in us giving it bad feedback, which leads to no one watching the show.
Derp race!

Night Pony

No the target audience will watch it. MLP was always a show for little girls. Bronies are an unexpected bonus and nothing more.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Mizuki

2014 Mar 31, 09:28:20 #56 Last Edit: 2014 Mar 31, 23:04:53 by Mizuki
If bronies have a hand in making G5, I imagine it would be like a horse version of Lucky Star, but with western-centric pop culture references, and even more scandalous in-jokes that only adults would "get."

Also, there would be a "beach episode" where the ponies would wear bikinis and the animators would occasionally throw something inappropriate in the background for the "true, adult fans" to find.

In other words: it'd be my worst nightmare! DD:

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

snowflurry

I think G4 will last quite a while.

according to Wikipedia:
"On February 14, 2014, a Hasbro investor webcast revealed the company has planned out the next five years for the current branding of the My Little Pony franchise" sourced from http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/hasbro-investor-webcast-information-eqg.html

though this isn't a guaranty. but here's hoping.

VioletKnight

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Feb 17, 03:17:10

Why on Earth would cartoon channels cater to young adults rather than children? Children are their target audience, they give them what they want.

Those aren't mutually exclusive. There are many shows that can be apreciated by both adults and children, because they are good.

Literally the only way you could make a show only for children is to dumb it down, and decrease the quality of the writing to get adults to stop watching.

Mizuki

Quote from: VioletKnight on 2014 Apr 01, 18:51:21
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Feb 17, 03:17:10

Those aren't mutually exclusive. There are many shows that can be apreciated by both adults and children, because they are good.

Literally the only way you could make a show only for children is to dumb it down, and decrease the quality of the writing to get adults to stop watching.

I agree in that both children and adults can watch cartoons, especially if they're well-made! :)

But what if you wanted to make something exclusively for children, but didn't lower the quality standards?

I guess trying to cater to any specific audience is difficult. Even if you wanted to give little girls quality entertainment, the quality in and of itself would bring in general appeal just because it's done so well.  :c

Not sure if that's good or bad actually!

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Go Up