(Season 4 Episode 16) Doctor Whooves Easter Egg!

Started by EliteAspect, 2014 Aug 01, 00:43:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

EliteAspect

This thread contains content from Season 4
Spoiler: show

Doctor Who and Amy Rose were the two ponies walking that Seabreeze nearly bumped into!
Anyone else think they'll appear in the show again? Maybe they'll be a part of the show, like Ditsy Doo who was at first random, but then loved by everyone. :D
Picture: http://oi59.tinypic.com/r9oo6o.jpg

Tiger

First off, the rise pony's name is Roseluck if I'm not wrong.

Second, those two have already been background characters since Season 1. I don't think it's very surprising for them to be the ponies Seabreeze nearly bumps into in this particular scene.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

EliteAspect

2014 Aug 01, 02:14:04 #2 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 01, 02:16:13 by EliteAspect
Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Aug 01, 01:56:34

Second, those two have already been background characters since Season 1. I don't think it's very surprising for them to be the ponies Seabreeze nearly bumps into in this particular scene.

Really? I never noticed O:
Alrighty, then.
Maybe they'll add more character easter eggs other than Doctor Who?

Bro1997

I was on Wikipedia and noticed that the 100th episode will be on the background characters so maybe they'll talk about Dr. Whooves and his lifestyle. I hope they talk about Derpy.

hazardtime

There was already a thread up on this a few weeks ago, but yes, Doctor Whooves and Roseluck were in the foreground in a completely unabashed reference to Doctor Who.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Aug 01, 01:56:34

Yeah, her name is Roseluck.
And Hasbro decided to start calling Dr. Whooves "Dr. Hooves."
They're also calling DJ Pon3 "DJ Pon3." :D

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Dream Bolt

Yeah, I caught that. It's subtle enough so that it doesn't seem to be openly saying, "Look! Time Turner is the Doctor!", and it could totally fit into the show canon, (maybe they were just coming back from a 3D movie,) but the reference is nonetheless obvious, but a lot more tasteful than those blatant, give-Time-Turner-a-Sonic-Screwdriver references in the comics. It's not saying that Time Turner is the Doctor; it's just putting him in a rather coincidental view. It's easy to catch, yet both characters are natural inhabitants of Ponyville from Season 1, so it makes it all the more tasteful and subtle.

Unless the BBC Network does a deal with Hasbro, I think Dr. Hooves will remain little more than an inside joke, but it's a fun inside joke nevertheless. And let's face it, most of the ponies are probably trying to keep BBC and Hasbro making a deal together. Who would want Daleks and Cybermen in Equestria?

On the other hoof, there would be absolutely no debate on which incarnation of the Doctor was the best....

(: "Speak for yourself. *Sigh* Still not Ginger. How I envy miss Carrot Top.

Go Up