What are your thoughts on Twilight becoming an Alicorn?

Started by Julius, 2013 Jan 29, 14:06:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

Hey, it's alright if that's how you feel. Thank you. ^-^

Ok then! Alicorn Twili! Go! lol

Purr~

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

The Wandering Magus

can we just close the thread?  Having such a controversial subject as a topic is bound to just result in a flamewar, and from what I've seen there's one that already happened here.  It's asking for trouble.  Plus, things like this drive away and drive apart otherwise friendly and well-mannered individuals.

Blues, I apologize for the negative reactions and the foolish, singleminded responses you have gotten for your honest opinion.  Please don't take any of it to heart, I'm sure much of what was said was not thought through before it was posted.

Everypony else, I also apologize for the backlash and the arguments that sprang up as a result of honest questions and opinions you may have posted.  I'm sure much of that is also the result of simple misunderstanding or not thinking things through.

Personally, I'm not going to be stating opinions or comments, to keep from feeding potential flamers and trolls, if there are any.  I would highly recommend closing and retiring the thread, at least until the episode in question airs, and permanently if it does bring about the expected fandom war.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Night Pony

Every topic with alicorns can become an argument/debate. Though that wouldn't stop them from appearing since alicorns are part of MLP:FiM.

paintypalette

2013 Jan 30, 15:01:16 #84 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 30, 15:04:23 by paintypalette
http://family-room.ew.com/2013/01/29/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-exclusive-twilight-princess/ ; :I

i believe this is mine and everypony's response to twilights corronation:

Gracie Sky

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jan 30, 14:40:09
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/editorial-twilight-redacted-writers.html

Another opinion from EQD.

That post does a really good job at explaining why Alicorns are only overpowered in our heads. I've always thought Alicorns' superiority was kind of overglorified by the few who don't like any kind of Alicorn. I like Alicorns and find them to be a required part of Equestria, but as far as an OC Alicorn, I could see why they may seem unfair. Of course, on that same tangent, Earth Ponies must be inferior. They have some "perks" that Pegasi and Unicorns don't have, but that's like giving an Alicorn a "weakness" that none of the lesser races have as compensation. The way I see it, this is a really good test to see how much we believe in love and toleration. Can we put up with this inherent "unfairness"?

Like I mentioned before, I think Twilight is going to somehow switch destinies... with an Alicorn... somehow. But she's going to fix it! I also think she's going to switch Rarity's destiny to that of a singer, which will set up her duet with Octavia, if that's still going to happen. I'm actually kind of excited to see what they are going to do with the other characters with their could-have-been destinies.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Night Pony

Spoiler: Season finale extended synopsis: • show
"My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" follows the studious young unicorn Twilight Sparkle and her five pony friends as they teach one another about the most powerful magic of all, the magic of friendship!  In the special coronation episode "Magical Mystery Cure," Twilight Sparkle accidentally casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies of all her friends, and the only way she can reverse the spell is by writing her own magic. Little does she know that by achieving this great accomplishment, she will fulfill her destiny and emerge a princess.

We can throw the theories out the window now.

Julius

I can't, I don't read spoilers. Only read the one about Twi because well... It's everywhere! lol
Purr~

Night Pony

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jan 30, 15:25:55
I can't, I don't read spoilers. Only read the one about Twi because well... It's everywhere! lol

It's too late to worry about that. lol

Gracie Sky

:c You... didn't just add that to the synopsis that was already provided, did you?
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Night Pony

Blues-Music

Wait its actually permanent?
Welp see ya. I might hang out around the forums , but I ain't a brony now.

Rad Thunder

I still feel like someone's trying to troll us. >:/
But I agree, can we close this? It's just too out of hand.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2013 Jan 30, 15:40:09
I still feel like someone's trying to troll us. >:/
But I agree, can we close this? It's just too out of hand.
Settle down everyone.
An argument ended that doesn't mean the thread has to close.
In fact I don't think threads get closed because of arguments I think it's that everyone is trying to stop an argument that already ended.

Little Judas

Thought I'd lighten the mood with a comic.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Julius

Now this brings me to the question... Princess of what? Harmony (This one's actually fitting...), Magic, Twilight? Pffft... lol
Purr~

Liska

Vertigo

They should make twilight a earth pony. Seriously.

Lucien

My theory (and I haven't come on in a while)

The only way to become an alicorn is through the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!

Which is why Sombra was only a unicorn.
Starting anew. I am a musician. My past here means nothing.

Detective Woona

Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 Jan 30, 18:07:04
Thought I'd lighten the mood with a comic.

lol
Is it bad if I automatically superimposed Jeremy Irons' voice over the captions?

I'm not too bothered by what they do in the show. Being a hyper-critical, difficult-to-please literary critic, the story never stood a chance against me anyway. I'm operating almost entirely off of head canon at this point, having mentally rewritten the major plot points. They are just providing me with another puzzle piece to jam into my self-made picture.
Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

Go Up