General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Naura

Oh, thanks for telling me that, was a little confused that you could just choose partner no matter what the answers were.
I like the little last question, that change the partners personality one more step (cute or cool). Might not mean much to others, but this is a big step for me X3
Others, I can't really say much, I could go into way more detail with stuff we saw, but I don't have the time or motivation to do so, but this video makes me a little more excited, like every other thing I see about the game.
I also found the box art, and I really like it! Except that Charizard is in the middle, he/she is really overrated
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Rikaria

I just wanna know if this game will have any online multiplayer. Sure, there's the Nintendo Network logo on the boxart, but that was also seen on Gates to Infinity, and that game only allowed you to download DLC dungeons.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

I was hoping to pick pikachu again as a starter and fennekin as a partner, but with the personality quiz coming back, it's gonna be hard for me to get pikachu as a starting pokemon again.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Stardust Dragon

I remember when I played the original Rescue Team Blue I got Charmander three times in a row for my personality, but I really didn't want to be Charmander for whatever reason... (he's always been my least favorite gen 1 starter, weirdly).  I finally either fudged an answer or got the right combo that let me be Mudkip instead, which I think I took as a consolation prize at the time.  But I came to love being him...except one time in Sky Pilliar when my partner Pikachu was confused in a narrow hallway.  I'd been trying to put some distance between us to avoid a confused Thunderbolt wiping me out, only for him to shoot a Shock Wave right down the hall. Instant KO  >.<

Rikaria

I'm getting mixed reports saying that you actually are able to choose who you wanna be and who your partner is despite the questions (AKA the questions help you choose who you really would be and who you'd be partnered with based on your answers, but you can choose not to go with the game), but seeing as we only saw E3 footage, it makes me think they used a tech demo just to avoid spoilers.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what's actually true later.

Naura

Question, what roles do you think the Pokémon we have seen this far will play?
Like, I understand that we haven't really seen anything yet, but by the little we have seen, I am thinking Goomy will be this games Bidoof, do you guys have any other thoughts of the other pokémon we saw?
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Rikaria

Yeah, sorry... Still too early to call for me...

KirbyFluttershy

It Might be too early to jump into conclusions plus getting this game in japanese is out of the question for me unless the items have icons next to the names like in gates to infinity. Once the japanese version is out, probably we'll get more info.

Rikaria

Just to potentially avoid multiple offers, I'm gonna start with this forum.

Does anyone have either one of these?
  • Modest Kyogre with a Ground-type Hidden Power; MUST come from Alpha Sapphire, even if it's not yours

• Brave Kyogre (disregard the Hidden Power type); MUST come from Alpha Sapphire, even if it's not yours

To check a Pokémon's Hidden Power type, go to:
  • (X/Y) Anistar City: Talk to the Psychic in the house at the absolute south-east of the city.

• (OR/AS) Fortree City: In the second house from the left on the top row, you will find a house with three old women; talk to the one on the right.

P.S. I still don't trust GTS :l

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jun 20, 23:13:16
Just to potentially avoid multiple offers, I'm gonna start with this forum.

Does anyone have either one of these?
  • Modest Kyogre with a Ground-type Hidden Power; MUST come from Alpha Sapphire, even if it's not yours

• Brave Kyogre (disregard the Hidden Power type); MUST come from Alpha Sapphire, even if it's not yours

To check a Pokémon's Hidden Power type, go to:
  • (X/Y) Anistar City: Talk to the Psychic in the house at the absolute south-east of the city.

• (OR/AS) Fortree City: In the second house from the left on the top row, you will find a house with three old women; talk to the one on the right.

P.S. I still don't trust GTS :l

I can hardly blame you for not trusting GTS: I've gotten burned more than once by a bad trade.  There's reasons I'm very careful with what I'm giving up...in that, and in Wonder trades.

I'm way behind in my AS playthrough...if you don't get lucky with a trade by the time I get to Kyogre I'll try and aim for one of these for you.  But at my current pace it's probably better to take an offer that comes along.

Rikaria

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jun 21, 02:19:45
I'm way behind in my AS playthrough...if you don't get lucky with a trade by the time I get to Kyogre I'll try and aim for one of these for you.  But at my current pace it's probably better to take an offer that comes along.

Err... wait... (Assuming I don't find another offer first...) First of all, do you not want Kyogre? If so, tell me when you're about to battle it; I'll lend you one of my Gardevoir with Synchronize.

KirbyFluttershy

I can try to help, but my gardevoir's level is at max, but won't be able to control it although my brother's AS is not far enough. It's only up to the point where I can get the PlayNav and If I transfer the japanese kyogre to my X/Y or OR, there's no telling what the HP type will be so apparently the translation is gonna be a problem for me.

Stardust Dragon

2015 Jun 21, 14:52:13 #612 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 21, 15:02:33 by Stardust Dragon
Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jun 21, 09:04:30
Err... wait... (Assuming I don't find another offer first...) First of all, do you not want Kyogre? If so, tell me when you're about to battle it; I'll lend you one of my Gardevoir with Synchronize.

I've got a bevy of Synchronize Pokemon from back in my Platinum days: I have a Modest Kadabra on standby, but I'm not sure how hard it is to get a Pokemon with a specific Hidden Power type.  Haven't bothered with that before, though given the checker you mentioned it shouldn't be anything more than time consuming.  If you want a Brave Kyogre then I might need to borrow a Synchronize 'mon, or breed one myself.  And no, I don't necessarily want that specific Kyogre: I have my old one from Sapphire and my shiny one from HG.  Legendaries are mainly for show for me anyways (except me suddenly wanting to get a decent Latios and Latias...), so I'd be willing to give up the AS Kyogre.  But I haven't finished Mt. Chimney yet, so I'm waaaay far away right now.  X3  Curse me wanting to write a story about the game as I play it!

Rikaria

Getting a specific Hidden Power will be time-consuming, yes (unless you're really lucky). That's why I offered two options. If you don't wanna put up with the Modest one, that's totally fine.

Also, I forgot to mention: I know I could just go back and play the original Sapphire (or even Emerald) to catch Kyogre, but I have my own reasons for wanting one from Alpha Sapphire.

Anyway, just tell me which one you're going after. And of course, I do plan on offering something in return. (P.S. Take your time. I don't necessarily need it ASAP.)

KirbyFluttershy

You probably forgotten about getting kyogre in HG as well which it will shorten up the time on migrating to B/W 1/2 > X/Y/ORAS. Like I said i can help, but the HP type is gonna be problem due to translation.

Rikaria

2015 Jun 22, 09:21:56 #615 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 22, 09:51:08 by Rikaria
I didn't forget HeartGold; it's just how you get it there is a lot more tedious to get. And migration isn't a problem for me. Not that it matters; I did specifically say the Kyogre I wanted HAD to be from Alpha Sapphire.

Also, just look up the Japanese text for Ground (as well as the text for the Hidden Power NPCs). Maybe that'll help?

EDIT:
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Shuffle - Events

If you were one of the lucky 110,000 (15,000 in Europe/Australia, 30,000 in America or 65,000 in Japan) players worldwide who ranked in the Mega Blastoise competitive stage over the past week, then the Blastoise is now available to be received if you didn't have one before, or 2 Jewels if you did. If you didn't qualify, then you can redeem a Jewel. To get this item, simply Check In between now and June 29, 2015 at 06:00 UTC and you will receive the item.
___

The Pokémon Safari event stage has made a return. This stage gives you random Pokémon each time and runs from June 22, 2015 to July 6, 2015 at 06:00 UTC. The Pokémon are: Electrike, Manectric, Darumaka, Darmanitan & Stantler. You need to download the new patch, Version 1.2.4 to obtain it.
___

It has been announced that the next Mega Stone competition stage is to go live from June 29, 2015 to July 6, 2015. This stage gives you the Mega Stone for Manectric, Manectite. As Manectric is only found in the Pokémon Safari event, it's best to attempt to get it now. Full details will come next week.
___

A brand new challenge has begun as part of a "4.5 million downloads" milestone. This challenge provides you access to the Pokémon Manaphy. It runs from June 22, 2015 to July 6, 2015 at 06:00 UTC. You need to download the new patch, Version 1.2.4 to obtain it.

QuotePokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Dragonite Distribution

For those of you in the US, the latest event has begun. From today until July 12, you can go to Gamestop to get a serial code to receive a special Dragonite for Pokémon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. It knows the move Dragon Dance, Outrage, Hurricane and Extremespeed, which is a difficult move to get on Dragonite as it can only be obtained by breeding with an ancestor from HeartGold & SoulSilver. It also has its Hidden Ability of Multiscale and holds a Lum Berry.

(Just a note: I made minor edits from what they posted to clean up/clarify things.)

KirbyFluttershy

Well That's gonna take me a lot of time. I overheard that my brother hardly plays pokemon so I can probably get to that point and transfer my gardevoir to his AS as a modest syncer (well that's how i call pokemon with synchronize ability into syncer), but Catching it would be difficult so i'll have to find a sleeper for the job.

Rikaria

I have a Breloom with Spore and False Swipe, if that helps.

KirbyFluttershy

Well Aqua ring is gonna be problem so I may have to come up with a heal block, but I dunno if heal block will last till a pokemon that used it is switched out. I had a problem with groudon's rest so I used cherrim's worry seed to help me there.

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiFor five turns, the user prevents the opposing team from using any moves, Abilities, or held items that recover HP.

Quote from: BulbapediaGeneration IV

Heal Block prevents the functioning of the moves Ingrain, Aqua Ring, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Roost, Recover, Heal Order, Rest, Softboiled, Wish, Milk Drink, Slack Off, and Synthesis, while it is under effect. The player can still use items such as Potions to heal the Pokémon.

The moves Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Leech Life, Dream Eater, Drain Punch, and Leech Seed will still inflict damage, but will not restore HP when the user is affected by Heal Block.

Pokémon with the Ability Volt Absorb or Water Absorb will take damage, as opposed to healing, from Electric- or Water-type attacks respectively while Heal Block is in effect. A poisoned Pokémon with Poison Heal is neither healed nor damaged.

All other Abilities and items which restore HP during battle will continue to work as normal. Heal Block wears off after 5 turns.

Generation V

Heal Block can now be reflected with Magic Coat. Heal Block now prevents the effect of Heal Pulse, Leftovers and Shell Bell, but not Black Sludge. Horn Leech will still inflict damage, but won't restore HP if user is under effect of Heal Block.

Generation VI

Heal Block now prevents the moves Absorb, Draining Kiss, Drain Punch, Dream Eater, Giga Drain, Horn Leech, Leech Life, Mega Drain, Oblivion Wing, and Parabolic Charge from being used. Leech Seed can still be used and will still inflict damage, but will not restore HP. Heal Block now prevents the effect of Black Sludge.

Go Up