General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KirbyFluttershy

Froakie was pretty much tough for me, but I had to use tropius for eject. Usually eject may help you guys so you don't have to do low damage from pokemon's disruptions that changes your support pokemon into non-support pokemon.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

Not really sure if I should feel accomplished or not. I finally caught Mewtwo (Expert stage), but I used Complexity -1, Disruption Delay, and Mega Start to do so (no Great Ball needed).

My only complaint is that its Mega Evolution's skill is pretty bad in my opinion; it clears out up to 10 Psychic-type Pokémon on the field, selected at random (I can see why participants of the Mega Lucario competition preferred Mega Slowbro instead). On a slightly better note, its non-Mega skill (when triggered) swaps out any disruptions with one of your Pokémon.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

It's kind of disappointing when the mega pokemon has the same effect as the other like mega lucario has the same effect as mega lopunny, but It's a good thing that lucario has its use against yveltal in the expert stage thx to lucarionite we got.

Rikaria

2015 Mar 28, 11:27:21 #403 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 01, 18:36:52 by Rikaria
I caught Yveltal before the Mega Lucario competition, and I've been using Lucario way before either (mine's currently at Level 7).

EDIT: You can now go against Rayquaza after updating/Checking In.

EDIT 2: Another Pokémon Rumble game will be released for the 3DS, and it's also free-to-play.

KirbyFluttershy

Don't tell me we have to wait for 2hrs and 30mins again to get gems in pokemon rumble world just like getting hearts in pokemon shuffle

Rikaria

2015 Apr 03, 09:20:43 #405 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 04, 18:33:52 by Rikaria
Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Apr 01, 19:28:05
Don't tell me we have to wait for 2hrs and 30mins again to get gems in pokemon rumble world just like getting hearts in pokemon shuffle

http://serebii.net/rumbleworld/

EDIT: There's another patch for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and apparently X/Y as well. At any rate, I've updated the first post to show the current versions of the more notable Pokémon games.

EDIT 2:
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Amaura Event

If you participated in the Enter the Dragon Type Battle Competition, the entry gift is now available to redeem in all regions. The gift is a Level 10 Amaura with its Hidden Ability of Snow Warning, which was previously unavailable before. To get this event, you need to go to the special page that pops up on the Global Link and, if you are eligible for the Amaura, you will receive a serial code that can be redeemed in Mystery Gift on Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. The code works until May 31, 2015.
___

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Shiny Charizard Event

For those of you in the UK, the Shiny Charizard event has begun. This event is distributed through Serial Code obtained in GAME stores with codes being unavailable after April 19, 2015. The code will be redeemable until July 2, 2015. This shiny Charizard mirrors the one that came in Japan last year and comes with the move Hold Hands as well as the Charizardite Y. Do note that you need to have updated your game to the latest version to be able to download it.

Spoiler: EDIT 3: Spoiler warning for those who haven't watched the Mega Evolution TV specials, particularly parts 2 and 3 • show

So what do you think?

LostSanity

My thoughts below:

Spoiler: show
Just watched the video. I don't watch the Pokemon anime subbed so I can't comment on Mega Evolution Act III until it airs dubbed.

But if that's really what happened in Mega Evolution Act III (which I'll just assume it did until it airs dubbed) then it's possible.

E3 reveal perhaps?

We're pretty much going to have to play the waiting game again...

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Shuffle - Events

A brand new challenge has begun on Pokémon Shuffle. This challenge is a timed one and has the top 10,000 players in Europe, 20,000 players in North America and 50,000 players in Japan earn a Blastoisinite for their Mega Blastoise. If you don't rank in the top amounts, you will earn a Jewel. It runs from today, April 6th 2015 to April 13th at 05:00 UTC. This challenge requires downloading the new patch, Version 1.1.8.

At least this time it'll seem more fair since at the moment Grass and Electric Pokémon don't have an Ability similar to, say, Dancing Dragons (boosts the power of Dragon types in the same combo when triggered).

KirbyFluttershy

let's just hope that we don't get outranked this time around.

as for the ability, they should've created an ability that Increases damage of electric-type moves in a Combo since paralyze ability does have a chance of procing the ability. Dancing Dragons wouldn't do much for ampharos if there are no dragon types to use.

Rikaria

2015 Apr 07, 09:48:41 #409 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 08, 13:28:34 by Rikaria
Just a reminder that Pokémon Rumble World will be available on the 3DS family of systems starting tomorrow today FOR FREE.

EDIT: Two passwords are available; you can find them (and future ones) here.

KirbyFluttershy

Well We can just invite each other for more poke diamonds and of course, i wouldn't be the only one around here.

Rikaria

I don't even know how the invite thing works... I tried using it, but I ended up getting three random people. And you HAVE to save them on the field to get a Diamond (AKA if they take too much damage and run away, say goodbye to that opportunity).

Anyway, I updated/rearranged the first post.

LostSanity

All of these free Pokemon games yet they are all too hard...

((I'm just speculating and basing this off of what people have said in this thread))

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Apr 08, 17:46:21
I don't even know how the invite thing works... I tried using it, but I ended up getting three random people. And you HAVE to save them on the field to get a Diamond (AKA if they take too much damage and run away, say goodbye to that opportunity).

Anyway, I updated/rearranged the first post.

Now that you mention it, it does act like ORAS' secret base (and bravely default's invitation). I think it's the only way we can get more diamonds that way, but it's only once a day we have to do.

Rikaria

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Apr 08, 18:00:07
All of these free Pokemon games yet they are all too hard...

((I'm just speculating and basing this off of what people have said in this thread))

Pokémon Rumble World is actually really easy; you move around and attack with A or B (depending on what moves the Pokémon have), and dodging doesn't happen all that often. I'm sure it'll get harder later, but for now it's literally just button spamming unless you set your options to auto-attack.

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Apr 08, 22:05:47
Pokémon Rumble World is actually really easy; you move around and attack with A or B (depending on what moves the Pokémon have), and dodging doesn't happen all that often. I'm sure it'll get harder later, but for now it's literally just button spamming unless you set your options to auto-attack.

I may have to agree, but the difficulty of the game increases as you progress just like original pokemon rumble for the wiiware and rumble blast for the 3DS.

LostSanity

I think I'd rather just wait for the next "official" Pokemon game.

Sorry?

:s

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Apr 09, 18:13:10
I think I'd rather just wait for the next "official" Pokemon game.

Sorry?

:s

No reason to be sorry.  Although to be pedantic, these are all official Pokemon games. 

I'm kinda avoiding Rumble World myself, since I really don't need something else bogging me down for daily attention.  I'm still annoyed with myself for grabbing Shuffle...

KirbyFluttershy

Pokemon Rumble World only provides daily challenges after completing that previous challenge and met with the requirements on the rank and inviting and saving 3 random people and friends.

Rikaria

Only? The cooldown on the balloons is "worse" compared to Shuffle's wait time... like seriously, I'm constantly checking back every 30 mins or so just to see if I can ride one... It's hard to put Rumble World down DX

Go Up