General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

I think it would be awesome if all starters got mega evolutions. It would make sense too. After all, mega evolution requires a strong bond between the trainer and the Pokemon, and which Pokemon will have the strongest bond with its trainer? Their starter! ^-^

Imagine a mega Delphox... :3
Purr~

LostSanity

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Jun 06, 11:43:38
I think it would be awesome if all starters got mega evolutions. It would make sense too. After all, mega evolution requires a strong bond between the trainer and the Pokemon, and which Pokemon will have the strongest bond with its trainer? Their starter! ^-^

Imagine a mega Delphox... :3

OH PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN AT SOME POINT

A MEGA TYPHLOSION WOULD BE NICE TOO.

:D
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

Please keep in mind that Mega Evolutions would mean rebalancing. If EVERY Pokémon started getting them, this would make things that much more frustrating for Trainers. (And, again, I'm pretty sure there are fans who'd hate that.)

Personally, I'd rather see only a few more in OR/AS get added (other than the Eon duo): the other two starters + some other Pokémon we'd LEAST expect, not every region starter getting one.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

LostSanity

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Jun 06, 11:51:32
Please keep in mind that Mega Evolutions would mean rebalancing. If EVERY Pokémon started getting them, this would make things that much more frustrating for Trainers. (And, again, I'm pretty sure there are fans who'd hate that.)

Personally, I'd rather see only a few more in OR/AS get added (other than the Eon duo): the other two starters + some other Pokémon we'd LEAST expect, not every region starter getting one.

That's biased and not fair then. If one final evolved starter gets one then they ALL should get one.

:l

Rikaria

Biased or not, some fans really would get annoyed if all the starters got a Mega.

GoldenTerrabyte

At least all three Hoenn starters, though! I mean, Blaziken but not Grovy or Swampy? Why?
I'm back

Julius

Purr~

ManeFlame

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Jun 06, 21:03:39
Pssssh, I want my mega Delphox! :P

If they ever make Mega Delphox, I hope it goes full on mage outfit. Ears forming a "hat" and all.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: ManeFlame on 2014 Jun 06, 22:24:13

If they ever make Mega Delphox, I hope it goes full on mage outfit. Ears forming a "hat" and all.
Yeahhh! And maybe a beard on the guys? Hmmm... Nah, no beards.
I'm back

LostSanity

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Jun 06, 20:15:31
Biased or not, some fans really would get annoyed if all the starters got a Mega.

Then they can quit playing the games. It's as simple as that.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Jun 06, 22:36:29
Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Jun 06, 20:15:31

Then they can quit playing the games. It's as simple as that.
Or they can just not use the Mega Evolutions. Some people assume that because something exists in a game they have to use it, but that's not neccisarily true. They think "Oh I hate this game now because they added this" so if this happened and those fans thought that, just tell them what I said.
I'm back

Julius

Quote from: ManeFlame on 2014 Jun 06, 22:24:13

Oh gosh, yes! :D
Purr~

Rikaria

2014 Jun 07, 12:26:01 #72 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 07, 12:36:13 by Rikaria
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming games. This reveals Mega Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie. Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon-type while the others maintain their type. Mega Diancie's ability is currently listed as ??? while Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod and Mega Swampert has the ability Swift Swim. Groudon & Kyogre's new "Mega Evolutions" are known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Groudon & Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Kyogre and are said to be a regression called Ancient Devolution. Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution
Both the Mach and Acro Bike make a return in this game and Team Aqua & Team Magma both return as well. Team Magma is lead once again by Maxie, and his Admins: Tabitha & Courtney. Team Aqua is lead by Archie and his admins Matt and Shelley, all of whom have been redesigned. Like the originals the team you face varies depending upon the game. The Mega Evolution activating item in this game is the Mega Bangle.

Spoiler: Images • show

Spoilered images in case people don't want to see them. Also fixed a typo Serebii made.

Naura

Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

ManeFlame

I'm hoping they just left out the screens and the character design option is left in.

Also, I'm horribly amused that Mega Diancie was announced before most places even got regular Diancie. XD

GoldenTerrabyte

Yesss! I was afraid Swampert's mega would change his awesome type combo, but it didn't! :D And he looks pretty cool too!
I'm back

Rikaria

Quote from: ManeFlame on 2014 Jun 07, 18:08:54
I'm horribly amused that Mega Diancie was announced before most places even got regular Diancie. XD

Yeah... what's the hold-up, Game Freak? :(

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Jun 07, 18:31:08
Yesss! I was afraid Swampert's mega would change his awesome type combo, but it didn't! :D And he looks pretty cool too!

I'm just wondering why Mega Sceptile is part Dragon and why it has Lightningrod as its Ability...

Sakura_Blossom

Stardust Dragon

I'm just wondering exactly what stats are going to be increased by these Mega Evolutions.  My Swampert Aquanaut already hits like a tank, and I can only guess that his attack will go up even higher!  I'm not sure how much I like the design, but it'll probably grow on me.

Sceptile's new typing and ability looks to make it a real serious problem for electric types.  That's a quad resistance underneath that Lightning Rod! 

Rikaria

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2014 Jun 08, 14:32:09
Sceptile's new typing and ability looks to make it a real serious problem for electric types.  That's a quad resistance underneath that Lightning Rod! 

See, that's the problem: Lightningrod completely negates Electric attacks and boosts the owner's Special Attack, so Mega Sceptile's 4x resistance to it is completely useless... Furthermore, it's now 4x weak to Ice attacks...

Go Up