General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: LostSanity on 2016 Oct 27, 17:36:02
I don't play the metagame. Too complicated.

It'll mostly be to annoy people since 80% hate me anyway and they can whine about 'cheating' all they want as I just laugh as I continue to use it.  ovO

Anyway...

With final evolutions revealed...

I'm seriously considering choosing Rowlet as my started now. That final evo is too freaking great.

It'll depend though. We'll see.

Rowlet final evo + Ash-Greninja= YOUR GONNA LOSE.

ovO

It's most likely that most people won't battle against you if you don't play by the rules other than anything goes rules regardless of the battle format. if you're planning on playing FFA battle (the battle royale to be more specific enough), then you should be good.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

LostSanity

So... I played the Special Demo Version last night after I finished the PS4 Ratchet & Clank remake.

First off...

I think Team Skull has played too much TWEWY. Speaking of which... where's my The World Ends With You 2?  :l

To be honest... I tried to get into this gen... I really did... but...

I'm not a huge fan of it. I was used to the gyms and all this change is in the wrong direction if you ask me. Some of these 'pokemon' don't even seem like pokemon.

I just don't know....  :s

I've also decided to use Ash-Greninja when I get Pokemon Sun. I'm not a huge fan of this gen and I've decided that it'll be my 'payback' for them not making Pokemon Z.

Seriously. They should have made Pokemon Z. You don't end a pattern. You just don't.  >:/

So there you go.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

It doesn't matter how much you complain about it. Pokémon Sun/Moon's demo is the most downloaded demo out of all of Nintendo's library, and the full games are the most pre-ordered/pre-loaded (again, out of Nintendo's library) as well. It was also mentioned that they're interested in making more remakes, thus putting Diamond/Pearl next in line.

In short: unless they think MILLIONS OF PLAYERS will want it, Pokémon Z is NOT happening.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Stardust Dragon

Well I kind of forgot I was going to try and go into the next Pokemon game relatively blind.  And I've been keeping up with the releases on their main site.  I mean that's not every detail of the story so far but come on: how awesome would it be to just encounter something like UB-01 with absolutely no expectation? Now it's just going to be "oh, so this is where that happens.  Neat."

KirbyFluttershy

Every new generation of pokemon will get harder from this point on including pokemon mystery dungeon series so you gotta be more careful what you do.

I do have to agree with rikaria and my friend on Pokemon Z release. If we said that if pokemon Z is not happening, it's not happening. You gotta Deal (or wing) with what we got so far and move on to the next version.

Speaking of Sun & moon versions, I probably missed the pretty wings. I haven't thought about getting them and completely missed the chance.

Rikaria

Warning to everyone who don't wanna be spoiled: some people managed to get Sun/Moon early, so be careful when browsing the internet!

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2016 Nov 07, 10:05:55
Warning to everyone who don't wanna be spoiled: some people managed to get Sun/Moon early, so be careful when browsing the internet!

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but I am curious how.
Thank you for the heads up.

Julius

Sometimes preorders accidentally ship early! It's glorious. c:
Purr~

KirbyFluttershy

I believe that the game isn't finalized if it's released that early before the release date. If people would get sun & moon that early, then it's most likely that the game will be unstable until the update arrives.

Maybe you can elaborate more on this so we can avoid them at all times.

Julius

Dude, games are usually ready about a month before release date. They have their release date set ahead of time so they can ship the games to all the stores. Pokemon is little over a week away, I'm pretty sure it's more than ready to be played. ^-^
Purr~

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Nov 07, 22:24:35
If people would get sun & moon that early, then it's most likely that the game will be unstable until the update arrives.

They got a physical copy ahead of time, so there's nothing "unstable" about it.

KirbyFluttershy

Well I hope you guys are right otherwise it may end up having bugs & glitches like X/Y had before. Remember when people got stuck in lumiose city after saving inside that city and then couldn't move in the process after loading up the save data? We don't want that to happen in Sun & moon version do we?

Rikaria

Umm... that had nothing to do with getting the game early/late/whatever. EVERYONE had that risk. Besides, they can just do post-release updates just like they did for Gen 6. Also:

Quote from: Julius on 2016 Nov 08, 00:25:23
Dude, games are usually ready about a month before release date. They have their release date set ahead of time so they can ship the games to all the stores.

^ This. So much this.

KirbyFluttershy

I believe that my suspicions are correct. The sun & moon versions was suppose to be released worldwide at the same date, but not at a early date. To include the part of the information from here, I picked this information up from someone and said
QuoteIt is true, some people have access to the full version of Sun and Moon. They weren't obtained through legal means though, they downloaded the preload and managed to hack the game to be able to play it. Nintendo has already started taking actions about this on places like Youtube and Twitch (yes, someone was actually streaming the game) and getting those people banned or blocked. Be extremely careful of spoilers on social media.

It seems that you guys missed that part of the information and didn't say that people would be able to get access to the full version of sun & moon and downloaded the preload and hack the game. All of this would start going around in the social media and nintendo have already started taking actions into this matter.

At Least provide more information where this is coming from other than social media. Like My friend said and told me and I'll say it right out of her words
QuoteScreenshot or provide proof or it didn't happen

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Nov 08, 21:05:09
I believe that my suspicions are correct. The sun & moon versions was suppose to be released worldwide at the same date, but not at a early date. To include the part of the information from here, I picked this information up from someone and said
It seems that you guys missed that part of the information and didn't say that people would be able to get access to the full version of sun & moon and downloaded the preload and hack the game. All of this would start going around in the social media and nintendo have already started taking actions into this matter.

At Least provide more information where this is coming from other than social media. Like My friend said and told me and I'll say it right out of her words

Can we get a source on that "someone" who said that?  I'd love to have information on where this is coming from, other than social media.

KirbyFluttershy

2016 Nov 08, 22:08:30 #1115 Last Edit: 2016 Nov 08, 22:12:19 by KirbyFluttershy
You'll find it here. The person's name who said that was AC3D.

I'm pretty sure you guys didn't overlook into this matter before this happened.

Stardust Dragon

2016 Nov 08, 22:15:44 #1116 Last Edit: 2016 Nov 08, 22:18:22 by Stardust Dragon
Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Nov 08, 22:08:30
You'll find it here. The person's name who said that was AC3D.

I'm pretty sure you guys didn't overlook into this matter before this happened.

I think you missed my point.  I was looking for evidence that this was happening, not someone's wild accusations.  I don't doubt that this was possible, not from the outset anyways, but I can't take the point seriously if it doesn't have actual evidence to prove it's truth.  Where did AC3D get their information?  How do we know that this is actually how people have managed it?

Thank you for providing your source, however.

KirbyFluttershy

I just PM'd the guy and answered your questions. He said
QuoteThe game started leaking during the very early morning today I believe, in a certain site that the word filter won't allow me to mention by name. I don't use that site but it eventually spread to Twitter, which I use actively. I follow a few 3DS modders/hackers that eventually managed to get the game. I'd link one of them but a) I don't know if you'd be ok with that, and b) Getting the games through that method is illegal, so I'd rather not spread the leaks. A lot of information has already been datamined, such as changes to old Pokémon, abilities, as well as base stats of new Pokémon, their movepools, etc. I've been avoiding plot details as much as possible, but I do know screenshots for that exist.
so apparently we can't spread this around even though the "word filter" part on what he said is part of that forum rule that we can't break so pretty much the info stops there.

What we said about nintendo taking actions in this matter is normal and they do have the right to do so in removing videos off from youtube, twitch, and other social medias and as my friend told me if they do find out who leaked the games, then probably we're guessing that it's not gonna be pretty.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Nov 08, 23:37:43
I just PM'd the guy and answered your questions. He said  so apparently we can't spread this around even though the "word filter" part on what he said is part of that forum rule that we can't break so pretty much the info stops there.

What we said about nintendo taking actions in this matter is normal and they do have the right to do so in removing videos off from youtube, twitch, and other social medias and as my friend told me if they do find out who leaked the games, then probably we're guessing that it's not gonna be pretty.

I'm just highly skeptical of the internet, so I prefer to know.  But thanks for trying to ask questions for me, I appreciate it.

KirbyFluttershy

You guys may wanna take a look at this regarding about the people who got the sun & moon versions only also the videos have been removed in the process as well.

Go Up