Is Hearth's Warming Eve like Christmas?

Started by Bro1997, 2014 Aug 12, 19:56:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bro1997

What holiday is Hearth's Warming Eve related to in the real world? By the looks of it, it reminds me of Christmas. Yet, I didn't see any scenes from the episode about Hearth's Warming Eve that showed anypony buying presents or having Christmas elements like a tree or stuff that we do during Christmas time. Just a play showing how the three pony tribes got together and began Equestria as we know it. It sort of also reminds me of Independence Day in the United States since the ponies also celebrate the founding of their country, The United Kingdom of Equestria. Is it a separate holiday and Christmas is celebrated at a different time of year? Or does Christmas work differently in Equestria?

cloudwilk

I think it is their Christmas-counter part, but with them all being from another world at this point, it has had a lot of changes that make it much different from our Christmas.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Dream Bolt

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 13, 07:30:04
I think it is their Christmas-counter part, but with them all being from another world at this point, it has had a lot of changes that make it much different from our Christmas.

Yeah. Considering how drastically different our histories are, I would agree. Also, I think Hasbro wanted to have a winter holiday, but without picking one specific holiday over the others, or having everybody celebrate unity and friendship by celebrating different holidays in their own little cliques. (Sorry, but I find the whole Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa thing to be kind of divisive at a time when we are supposed to be celebrating unity. I mean, Christmas has pretty much ceased being a religious holiday in most of the world's eyes, so why can't we at least use it to celebrate unity and camaraderie? Anyhoo, I have a solution. CELEBRATE ALL THE HOLIDAYS!!!)

...Ooh. Go a bit off-topic there. X3 But yeah, Hearth's Warming does seem very Christmassy in many ways.

cloudwilk

Yea, actually that was what I was thinking at the time of the episode. I knew they would try to avoid picking one religion... never something they do in kids-cartoons. So, with the benefit of the different universe, they wanted a Holiday-ish episode and perhaps they decided to do it by combining all the holidays and making it a story about unity. ^^ That's actually kinda nice.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Go Up