my little pony a very beautiful story!

Started by ash111, 2014 Mar 25, 07:36:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ash111

Hello at everyone,i opened this thread to talk about this series, so sorry if sometimes i don't explain how i want what i think but im italian and i  don't know all of english at this time
When i have see it for the first time my little pony i don't remember what i have thinked, maybe i have switched channel fast because i supposed that it was a boring series for girl u.u; but some times later i have seen some episode for simple curiosity and i started to like it,even if it was at appearence for girls it was funny, lite, soft and for all the age!
Than i started to see often it and now there are only few episodes that i haven't saw,the most beautiful think is that in some stories i have reflected myself and i have saw the real power of a real friendship. This is what i feel =)
and you?
Believe in yourself always and don't give up! (this is my motto) =)

Dream Bolt

I agree, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a beautiful story!
A lot of people may say the whole "your friends are what make you strong" and "love is the most powerful force" stuff is sappy, but guess what? It's all true. MLP shows how you don't need to be dark or depressing to make a story with real depth to it.
Ever since I was introduced to the show, I kind of thought of it like the Chronicles of Narnia. (High praise, coming from somepony who's loved the Chronicles of Narnia since I could understand what my Mom was reading to me.) It's lighthearted, but able to cover serious topics. (Like Scootaloo and her flightlessness.) It's cheerful, and fun for young kids, but has an epic (in the true sense of the word,) fantasy feel to it. And the ponies can save the world from threats like Tirek and the Changelings, and still have some of the most endearing and realistically portrayed personalities in the entire cartoon genre. They have character. They have depth. And if people could learn to see beyond the pink and glitter, and learn to overcome their misguided ideas that love and close friendships are sappy, then they would see that these ponies are something wonderful, a ray of pure and innocent light in a dark and unfriendly world. Then maybe they would see that friendship is truly magic. ^-^

Mizuki

It still bugs me that people think that something "for girls" is automatically lame :l

Even some bronies are all like "MLP isn't for girls!! It has universal appeal! It's for everybody!"

and it's like...why can't something still be just for girls while simultaneously being hailed as "good"? I guess because even "good" things would wanna be watched by everyone? I don't know. o.O

But yeah! MLP: FiM is a great show, great story, great message, great everything. ^-^ There aren't enough stories out there that celebrate platonic friendships, much less western cartoons with girls as the main focus.

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

MrEmu

I totally agree with you three 120%!
But...umm...what does Platonic mean? o.O

Mizuki

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 09, 07:13:27
I totally agree with you three 120%!
But...umm...what does Platonic mean? o.O

Aw thanks!
Platonic is like a close spiritual bond; one that doesn't have adult situations in it- basically the love you feel for close friends & family ^-^

Post Merge

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Jun 09, 06:12:27
It still bugs me that people think that something "for girls" is automatically lame :l

Even some bronies are all like "MLP isn't for girls!! It has universal appeal! It's for everybody!"

and it's like...why can't something still be just for girls while simultaneously being hailed as "good"? I guess because even "good" things would wanna be watched by everyone? I don't know. o.O

But yeah! MLP: FiM is a great show, great story, great message, great everything. ^-^ There aren't enough stories out there that celebrate platonic relationships, much less western cartoons with girls as the main focus.

MrEmu

QuotePlatonic is like a close spiritual bond; one that doesn't have adult situations in it- basically the love you feel for close friends & family ^-^
OOohh... In THAT case I agree even more now, I always hate shipping because the show is about FRIENDSHIP not romance! I mean the season 2 final didn't feel like Shining armor and Cadance just in love, it seems like there was TRUE friendship in there too! and I loved that...it's actually my favorite love story... X3

If the shipping is with their own characters that's fine, just not Cannon characters... :]

Mizuki

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 09, 21:04:22
QuotePlatonic is like a close spiritual bond; one that doesn't have adult situations in it- basically the love you feel for close friends & family ^-^
OOohh... In THAT case I agree even more now, I always hate shipping because the show is about FRIENDSHIP not romance! I mean the season 2 final didn't feel like Shining armor and Cadance just in love, it seems like there was TRUE friendship in there too! and I loved that...it's actually my favorite love story... X3

If the shipping is with their own characters that's fine, just not Cannon characters... :]

I think shipping is fine in a fan context, I just don't want the show to start focusing on "dating" or "boys" because FRIENDSHIP!!

MrEmu

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Jun 10, 06:25:41
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 09, 21:04:22

I think shipping is fine in a fan context, I just don't want the show to start focusing on "dating" or "boys" because FRIENDSHIP!!
Well I WOULD like to see an episode based on "You can be friends with a boy and just be friends"
because SO many people act like "If you're friends with the other gender then you ARE in love"...

Mizuki

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 10, 07:10:11
Well I WOULD like to see an episode based on "You can be friends with a boy and just be friends"
because SO many people act like "If you're friends with the other gender then you ARE in love"...

But aren't they already friends with Spike? lol But I know what you mean though! Every time the mane 6 talk to a male pony, people usually end up shipping it. (Like Rarity & Fancy Pants, Or Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich. I'm pretty guilty of this myself though :c)

MrEmu

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Jun 10, 08:12:43But aren't they already friends with Spike? lol But I know what you mean though! Every time the mane 6 talk to a male pony, people usually end up shipping it. (Like Rarity & Fancy Pants, Or Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich. I'm pretty guilty of this myself though :c)
Well Spike is more like that cute little kid brother or something, Sadly people STILL ship him with Rarity when she seems double his age...people don't care about anything anymore sadly, they make the most atrocious ships just because they're creepy...

If somepony is going to ship others at LEAST make it make sense... I'v seen some...bad...ships :s

Mizuki

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 10, 20:36:10
Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Jun 10, 08:12:43But aren't they already friends with Spike? lol But I know what you mean though! Every time the mane 6 talk to a male pony, people usually end up shipping it. (Like Rarity & Fancy Pants, Or Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich. I'm pretty guilty of this myself though :c)
Well Spike is more like that cute little kid brother or something, Sadly people STILL ship him with Rarity when she seems double his age...people don't care about anything anymore sadly, they make the most atrocious ships just because they're creepy...

If somepony is going to ship others at LEAST make it make sense... I'v seen some...bad...ships :s

*shudders* I know what you mean. :x To me, "Sparity" is one of the most skeeviest ships in this fandom, and that's not even going into "tumblr alternate universes" or anything :s

But I'll stop there in case somebody's feelings get hurt. :(

Go Up